You know what's funny about the "break"?

The Herald
The Herald Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
edited August 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Everything the team does is based on player engagement, and they've just bombed their own metrics :p

This is going to be an interesting dip on a slideshow graph in the near future...

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Oh FFS.

There used to be a 24hr break between PVEs before time slices, and nobody died because of it.

Chill.
  • Stony
    Stony Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Oh FFS.

There used to be a 24hr break between PVEs before time slices, and nobody died because of it.

Chill.

Conversely, the board went **** crazy when they got rid of the 24 hour break.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    Stony wrote:
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Oh FFS.

Chill.

Conversely, the board went tinykitty crazy when they got rid of the 24 hour break.

People are going to crazy whenever they make any change, because their communication skills are absolute garbage and people don't like to have things dumped on them without warning.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    JHawkInc wrote:
    Stony wrote:
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Oh FFS.

Chill.

Conversely, the board went tinykitty crazy when they got rid of the 24 hour break.

People are going to crazy whenever they make any change, because their communication skills are absolute garbage and people don't like to have things dumped on them without warning.
    Nah, announced changes also make people go crazy. Change bad!
  • We_are_Venom
    We_are_Venom Posts: 308 Mover and Shaker
    The forums right now remind me of wow forums on patch days.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Everyone, please don't say bad things about the Devs. It's not allowed.
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Go and do something productive with your Sunday yeah? (Its Monday 1am here) Instead of worrying about a free-to-download mobile game
  • The Herald
    Go and do something productive with your Sunday yeah? (Its Monday 1am here) Instead of worrying about a free-to-download mobile game

I'm in my shop, on a couch, crippled with back pain. I don't think I'll be taking up ballet in this windfall free time.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    The Herald wrote:

I'm in my shop, on a couch, crippled with back pain. I don't think I'll be taking up ballet in this windfall free time.
    I've been nursing my sick kid all day, so my options are similarly limited.
  • aesthetocyst
    aesthetocyst Posts: 538 Critical Contributor
    Calling this a change implies intention.

It is what it is.

Those experiencing butthurt can blame their own assumptions.

If you find yourself with an unexpected hole in your schedule (like an initial pve grind that would have occupied you for a whoppin' hour or two), go read a book or call an old friend.

You know .... "Friends" ... People you knew before MPQ ....
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    The biggest issue is the loss of 2 comps a new sub event has
  • The Herald
    Calling this a change implies intention.

It is what it is.

Those experiencing butthurt can blame their own assumptions.

If you find yourself with an unexpected hole in your schedule (like an initial pve grind that would have occupied you for a whoppin' hour or two), go read a book or call an old friend.

You know .... "Friends" ... People you knew before MPQ ....

My assumption that I can play a game?

A game I've put money into, that I'm suddenly and without warning not particularly able to play? (3* player, not going to get far dipping my toe in PvP).

I got invested in this game out of quite a wide market, and DO enjoy it. But now here I am, with an hour long commute, and pretty damn annoying back pain, and what should have been a fun diversion is out of commission without warning.

"Ha ha bad customer service made you butthurt." Fine. I'm butthurt. Does your super convenient friend teleportation device work on public transport? And can I borrow it please?
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    "You know what's funny about the "break"?'

You got to open two new threads on the same topic within 2.5 hours.

That's funny!
  • The Herald

That's funny!

Had to do something to pass the time :p
  • aesthetocyst
    aesthetocyst Posts: 538 Critical Contributor
    The Herald wrote:
    My assumption that I can play a game?

Yep, that's the one. Those darn assumptions will make an **** of you. Me too if I was silly enough to share them. Might drive you to throw a tantrum on a forum or something.
    The Herald wrote:
    A game I've put money into, that I'm suddenly and without warning not particularly able to play? (3* player, not going to get far dipping my toe in PvP).

Oh dear, assumptions fueled by entitlement. That does sound bad. Oh and as you note, it's not that the game is unavailable, it's that the event you assumed would be starting hasn't started yet. Geeez, Louise, you're limited to a choice of 3 PVP events. What would you have done if said event had started, and your network gone down or something?
    The Herald wrote:
    I got invested in this game out of quite a wide market, and DO enjoy it. But now here I am, with an hour long commute, and pretty damn annoying back pain, and what should have been a fun diversion is out of commission without warning.

Look, you're on the internet. No shortage of diversions there. Oh, look, you found one.
    The Herald wrote:
    "Ha ha bad customer service made you butthurt." Fine. I'm butthurt. Does your super convenient friend teleportation device work on public transport? And can I borrow it please?

The device you are using to post to this forum is not capable of contacting other people? If it's on the internet, it can access books and place calls, among many other things.
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    The Herald wrote:

That's funny!

Had to do something to pass the time :p

That's fair. I'm not going to take the time to check your post history but.....

I hope you're not one of these forum posters who complain that MPQ is too grindy particularly how much work PVE is. Then create two threads that you have nothing to grind.icon_e_smile.gif
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    The Herald wrote:

Read a book or listen to some music, I highly recommend harp melodies as they are very soothing and I'm a metal head! Soak up some culture online by doing some museum virtual tours, watch the Rio 2016 closing ceremony or even better watch the London 2012 closing ceremony as that will never be bettered (only a little bias), in this digital age there is so much to while laid up fretting over a match 3 game is not going to be conducive to your condition.
  • The Herald
    edited August 2016
    Since I'm only allowed to have an opinion you give me, you going to tell me what book I have to read too?

I notice you're neither so engrossed in your PvP options nor lost in a fine piece of literature to put every single one of my posts together to complain about me complaining.

I wanted to grind some iso8 for a character I'm levelling as a diversion. It's a very low bar to clear and the game failed at that. I am disgruntled at such a thing and voiced my mild purturbance at that where the people who want my money can see it.

It's very possible to go actual f2p with over 90 roster slots, and I probably will. I was just getting into a good flow on here, made my first PvE top 10, so I probably would have gotten carried away if I kept playing in high gear.

On balance, a break is probably good for me. Take a step back, play less overall, and don't get sucked into contributing money here.

Edit: snark not aimed at everyone :p

(And the shop is definitely too loud and chaotic for harp music O.o)
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    The Herald wrote:
    Since I'm only allowed to have an opinion you give me, you going to tell me what book I have to read too?

I notice you're neither so engrossed in your PvP options nor lost in a fine piece of literature to put every single one of my posts together to complain about me complaining.

Get yer fine litterachure right here, pal!
  • The Herald
    The Herald wrote:

Get yer fine litterachure right here, pal!

I am terrified of clicking through O.o
This discussion has been closed.