Webbed wonder?

2»

Comments

• Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,411 Chairperson of the Boards
    Can't help but wonder if they needed the extra day to make sure anniversary events line up correctly
  • The Herald
    The Herald Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    Pongie wrote:
    Can't help but wonder if they needed the extra day to make sure anniversary events line up correctly

This is probably the best case scenario, a rip off the plaster moment that's actually going to have long term benefits.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Quebbster wrote:
    Guess they are just gunna give it boss treatment and have done away with slices. Why they must screw around with a system that works I'll never know
    Last run had time slices, so I don't see the new run not having them...
    Guess they just forgot how their own game works. Thats an achievement.

Give the reds a break, man! They're too busy finalizing the powers/costs for the new characters coming out this Fall! icon_lol.gif
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Quebbster wrote:
    Back in March, I asked Hi-Fi if Wolverine was indeed going to be essential in Enemy of the State as the rewards preview showed. He looked into it an confirmed the in-game display was in error and when the event started Ghost Rider was the 4* reward and then the Essential in Enemy of the State. Then Wolverine was essential in Venom Bomb after EOTS.
    Personally I think no one realized that Wolverine was locked out of the first half of Enemy of the State until I pointed it out, so they did a quick fix and swapped in the next character on the schedule instead. Ghost Rider in Venom Bomb has lots of appeal.

Tl:dr version: I absolutely think the devs screw up from time to time. Not a lot, but every now and then.

Yeah, I remember that. You made a great catch and saved EoTS for everyone
  • wade66
    wade66 Posts: 212 Tile Toppler
    And here I was giving them the benefit of the doubt thinking this was done to stop pve and pvp end times from damn near overlapping.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    I usually take 15-18 hours between PvE anyway (end slice 4 at 11pm, late join the next day around 5-6pm.), so I didn't even notice.

PvE is such a time suck, I'm kind of amazed people want the final grind-start grind cycle to never end.
  • The Viceroy Returns
    The Viceroy Returns Posts: 493 Mover and Shaker
    The Herald wrote:
    One day without PvE and the playerbase goes insane... :p

Remember when there used to be a "day off" in between PVE events?

image.png?w=448&c=1
  • Piro_plock
    Piro_plock Posts: 287 Mover and Shaker
    The Herald wrote:

image.png?w=448&c=1
    If I remember correctly, in some events there were also 12h subs. Two grinds a day... Ugh.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Piro_plock wrote:
    The Herald wrote:

image.png?w=448&c=1
    If I remember correctly, in some events there were also 12h subs. Two grinds a day... Ugh.
    Overlapping subs, Hulk event.
    #neverforget

Hard and easy subs in simulator that both ran parallel at the same time.

This game has seen a lot of weird ideas in PVE over the years.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Piro_plock wrote:
    The Herald wrote:

image.png?w=448&c=1
    #neverforget

Particularly that one Hulk run they did where they squeezed the event into a three-day timeslot, but it still had eight different subs, each with an easy and hard variant...
    It may even have been Nick Fury's official release event.
  • The Viceroy Returns
    The Viceroy Returns Posts: 493 Mover and Shaker
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Piro_plock wrote:
    #neverforget

Last night / today was kinda of nice to not have to worry about another PVE grind for a while.
    Agreed on the PVE oddities throughout MPQ's history, but I'd say the day break between PVE's is something they should think about bringing back.
    Unlike back when this was a thing, there's at least DDQ to play during this day break to keep players going. It might even be a good time to run a 4DDQ actually, even if out of rotation.

As mentioned in many threads throughout the years, an option to reset the Prologue for harder enemies with better rewards as a "new Game +" type of deal would be very welcome. The Prologue tab is untouched by most players once they enter 3 star progression land and after getting all of the HC rewards.