Webbed wonder?

bluewolf
bluewolf Posts: 5,728 Chairperson of the Boards
edited August 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
I realize it's the weekend....and not as many people jump in to S1 on a Sunday....but there is no Webbed Wonder event at all. I just finished S1 and nothing. Restarted Etc. No preview for an upcoming event, can't start it. Nada.

A day without Story? Or a bug?

Comments

• Wjohnson992
    Wjohnson992 Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    Guess they are just gunna give it boss treatment and have done away with slices. Why they must screw around with a system that works I'll never know
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Not surprised since both Simulator and Webbed Wonder are threeday events. There's going to be a day missing either before or after to not mess up the schedule.
    Maybe the devs forgot Simulator is only three days and assumed it would run until Monday?
  • Quebbster
    Guess they are just gunna give it boss treatment and have done away with slices. Why they must screw around with a system that works I'll never know
    Last run had time slices, so I don't see the new run not having them...
  • Wjohnson992
    Quebbster wrote:
    Guess they just forgot how their own game works. Thats an achievement.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster wrote:
    I'm thinking whoever decided the PvE list forgot Simulator is only three days and assumed it was a four day event.
    The interesting part is that it would have been fairly easy to add a fourth sub to the Simulator, it's not like there is any dialogue in it.
  • Wjohnson992
    Quebbster wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:
    I'm thinking whoever decided the PvE list forgot Simulator is only three days and assumed it was a four day event.
    The interesting part is that it would have been fairly easy to add a fourth sub to the Simulator, it's not like there is any dialogue in it.
    For S1 Players this is a whole day without rewards, Strangely I dont think expiring covers will get an extra 24hrs leeway if anyone was waiting to get the gold for a slot.
  • Quebbster
    For S1 Players this is a whole day without rewards
    I think this is true for most players actually. Some may jump between different time slices, but most seem to have a favorite time slot they stick to.
  • The Herald
    The Herald Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    As a S1 PvE player, I would kind of like something to do :/

It's a Sunday! It's quiet enough for me to play! Gimmie something TO play! :'(
  • loslupus77
    loslupus77 Posts: 38 Just Dropped In
    As PVP season is ending I don't mind that there's a break in PVE. But as I can't remember another such day, I don't think it's intentional (it seems more likely that devs got caught with their pants down when they put out two 3-day PVEs in a row). Even if it was, why wasn't this announced before? It shouldn't have been too hard thing to do. Once more devs continue to show their habit of laziness and/or total lack of communication skills.
  • The Herald
    loslupus77 wrote:
    As PVP season is ending I don't mind that there's a break in PVE. But as I can't remember another such day, I don't think it's intentional (it seems more likely that devs got caught with their pants down when they put out two 3-day PVEs in a row). Even if it was, why wasn't this announced before? It shouldn't have been too hard thing to do. Once more devs continue to show their habit of laziness and/or total lack of communication skills.

There should be a panicking intern out there shoving Growth Industry on for a replay like a lot of people have asked for to patcheck over this icon_neutral.gif
  • Quebbster
    The Herald wrote:
    loslupus77 wrote:

There should be a panicking intern out there shoving Growth Industry on for a replay like a lot of people have asked for to patcheck over this icon_neutral.gif
    They've already done a rerun of Growth Industry. Amadeus Inferno is more likely as filler material.
  • Sluggo
    Sluggo Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    I also don't mind the PvE off-day, since it's the end of the PvP season and I can use the health packs to finish up my season XXX run. In fact, I wouldn't mind if they did this every season (although I suspect it wasn't planned that way).

Here's the part I'm fascinated by: how did no one on these forums (myself included) notice they'd scheduled two 3-day PvEs back-to-back in the usual Thursday-Thursday format? I think everyone got so wrapped up over Howard's return and how it would work, no one noticed the potential scheduling oddity.

I'd love a re-run of Cho's event, since his Crash is coming up, getting an extra cover (on purpose) wouldn't hurt.
  • UNC_Samurai
    UNC_Samurai Posts: 402 Mover and Shaker
    What alternate universe have I fallen into that people are asking to use Cho?
  • The Herald

One day without PvE and the playerbase goes insane... :p
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm personally loving the day off, for me it will be tomorrow since I am in slice 5. With Category 5 ending for me in two hours and then Simulator ending at 2AM I won't have to do anything but DDQ tomorrow.

I'd totally be in favor of doing this every season, have the season end with a 3 day PVE event and then don't start the next 3 day with a day of rest in between.
  • shadowyoshi
    shadowyoshi Posts: 153 Tile Toppler
    Anything for a Legendary Token

Why? Said Token is just going to be another Cho.
  • The Herald
    Anything for a Legendary Token

Why? Said Token is just going to be another Cho.

One day they will finally get around to rebalancing Cho, and the people who have him fully covered will get the last laugh :p
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have a hard time seeing forgetfulness ("Oh, whoops, we don't have PVE running for a day?")
    When instead I see so much deviousness ("Oh...how can we make sure Howard rewards and Season end at the same time?")
  • The Herald
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    I have a hard time seeing forgetfulness ("Oh, whoops, we don't have PVE running for a day?")
    When instead I see so much deviousness ("Oh...how can we make sure Howard rewards and Season end at the same time?")

Less "better fire the intern" and more "close enough, I'm going home for the weekend" with matching up the schedule, then? :p
  • Quebbster
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    Back in March, I asked Hi-Fi if Wolverine was indeed going to be essential in Enemy of the State as the rewards preview showed. He looked into it an confirmed the in-game display was in error and when the event started Ghost Rider was the 4* reward and then the Essential in Enemy of the State. Then Wolverine was essential in Venom Bomb after EOTS.
    Personally I think no one realized that Wolverine was locked out of the first half of Enemy of the State until I pointed it out, so they did a quick fix and swapped in the next character on the schedule instead. Ghost Rider in Venom Bomb has lots of appeal.

Tl:dr version: I absolutely think the devs screw up from time to time. Not a lot, but every now and then.