Simulator Story Event Changes

David [Hi-Fi] Moore
David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
edited August 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Hi,

Some small adjustments have been made to the upcoming Simulator Story event (8/18/16). Here are details from Anthony at Demiurge:
    "• The last mission of each sub-chapter (Simulation 07) can only be played once. Progression rewards have been adjusted accordingly. • The reward from Simulation 07 is 3,500 Iso-8 (up from 2,000 Iso-8)."

Thank you.

Comments

• thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    Very nice. Few people are capable of grinding that node. Another good change. You guys are on a roll.

I'm scared something bad must be on the way to even it out though! icon_e_smile.gif
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    excellent changes. anyone who has ground those sim07 nodes before should be very appreciative.
  • Akari
    Akari Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    I've usually only grinded the final node 3-4x per sub before running out of packs, so this is a lovely and welcome change - however, what is the scaling going to look like? Is it going to start at the max, or the min, or what? Starting at max seems to make the most sense for a 1 time node, but also the most painful.

Still have nightmares about the px jg 4cyc node from the last sim...
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    My ISO starved 4s thank you.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Oh thank God...I'd thought the last time we did Simulator that that rock hard node at the end should be a one off. It's designed to be deliberately challenging, but I really don't like having to grind it.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Timeo Danaos et dona ferentes

What difficulty will this 1×, increased iso pay out node be set to?
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Less play-time and more ISO?

5c514680b497feb52be18568efa9386bca4fbc3c96f40a54641410a16edf63d7.jpg
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    LnKWsCQ.jpg
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Truly awesome change. D3 is on a roll lately.
  • Eichen
    Eichen Posts: 176 Tile Toppler
    The last mission of each sub-chapter (Simulation 07) can only be played once. Progression rewards have been adjusted accordingly

This should mean that the final progression has been lowered since there is less grinding available. Instead the progression is now 40K which is 12K higher than it was last time. We now have less nodes available to grind (even though the last node sucked it was still worth a lot of points) and have to come up with an extra 12K in points.
  • Koffitok
    Koffitok Posts: 87
    Eichen wrote:
    The last mission of each sub-chapter (Simulation 07) can only be played once. Progression rewards have been adjusted accordingly

This should mean that the final progression has been lowered since there is less grinding available. Instead the progression is now 40K which is 12K higher than it was last time. We now have less nodes available to grind (even though the last node sucked it was still worth a lot of points) and have to come up with an extra 12K in points.
    This run is being treated as a new character release for Howard, which usually have higher score thresholds.
  • Sluggo
    Sluggo Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    I somehow missed this yesterday. Hooray!

This is like one of those small and simple "they should really do XYZ" things, and then lo and behold, they did it! Grinding that last node was rough enough, especially for no rewards. Higher ISO and no grinding = double win.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Koffitok wrote:
    Eichen wrote:

This run is being treated as a new character release for Howard, which usually have higher score thresholds.

I never really realized that--has there been a new character under the new PVE run yet? They are the only ones I've hit progression on forever.

I ran everything the 4x and all easy ones 6x and only have 10K of the 40K needed...what will be needed for progression in this? 3x all nodes obviously won't do it...
  • Philly79
    Philly79 Posts: 422 Mover and Shaker
    3,500 iso and no need to grind that mission! sign me up for sure! always hated having to grind that one out...thanks d3.
  • Koffitok
    Koffitok Posts: 87
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    Koffitok wrote:
    Eichen wrote:

I never really realized that--has there been a new character under the new PVE run yet? They are the only ones I've hit progression on forever.

I ran everything the 4x and all easy ones 6x and only have 10K of the 40K needed...what will be needed for progression in this? 3x all nodes obviously won't do it...
    I think Wasp was the first one? With hearts of darkness a while back
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    They've publically committed to pegging the lt progression to a 3X clear of all nodes in all subs. I wouldn't sweat it until the points for the the 3rd sub are unveiled.
  • Piro_plock
    Piro_plock Posts: 287 Mover and Shaker
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    On 3-day events available points usually look like this:
    day 1 - X points
    day 2 - 1.5*X points
    day 3 - 2*X points
    If there are wave nodes the distribution changes a bit, but later subs are always worth more points, with the last sub containing about 2x the points of the first one.
  • MrTrix
    MrTrix Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    "• The last mission of each sub-chapter (Simulation 07) can only be played once. Progression rewards have been adjusted accordingly.

No idea how I am even supposed to get anywhere near that mission. With my low level 2*/3* roster, combos like Rocket&Groot + Cyclops + Punisher, Scarlet Witch + Drax + Hulk or Daken + Moon Knight + Luke Cage are lethal even at their lowest level. Shouldn't the earlier "easy" versions of these missions actually be beatable, even with a low level roster like mine!?! icon_rolleyes.gif

Previous events already robbed me of the chance to get any of the top (~T100) rewards, looks like this event is taking away the progression rewards as well.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    MrTrix wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    "• The last mission of each sub-chapter (Simulation 07) can only be played once. Progression rewards have been adjusted accordingly.

No idea how I am even supposed to get anywhere near that mission. With my low level 2*/3* roster, combos like Rocket&Groot + Cyclops + Punisher, Scarlet Witch + Drax + Hulk or Daken + Moon Knight + Luke Cage are lethal even at their lowest level. Shouldn't the earlier "easy" versions of these missions actually be beatable, even with a low level roster like mine!?! icon_rolleyes.gif

Previous events already robbed me of the chance to get any of the top (~T100) rewards, looks like this event is taking away the progression rewards as well.
    Simulator is one of the hardest PVEs thanks to the unlimited possible wickedness of the nodes.
    Everyone is struggling.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    if you can hide him, hood is your friend here to slow the opposition down. been mainly using oml/rulk with either hood or im40.

edit: also inserted 4thor for oml on some nodes, but unboosted, she's kinda squishy compared to a boosted or oml.