PvP Bracket: WTH

Jwhitmire36
Jwhitmire36 Posts: 52 Match Maker
edited August 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
I don't have a full 3* roster yet, no useable 4* chars yet, and have never scored more than 800(once). The top 3 in my tex-mex all have over 3000 points!! What the hell did I do to deserve being in this PvP bracket??? See people with champed 5*'s, seems like I'm pretty evenly matched.........

Comments

• ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm in a very similar one and I never get big points either. Leader with over 3K. Ridiculous.

I've got 20+ champed 3*s but no real useable 4*s, I've just started levelling my 5/4/3 Nick Fury out of boredom. Can't remember the last time I hit 800 and I even skipped all of last season.

Cool system, guys. I really REALLY hope the upcoming SHIELD Rank malarkey means the death of bollocks like this.
  • Alsmir
    Alsmir Posts: 508 Critical Contributor
    Choose a different time slice next time, it makes a massive difference.
  • Jwhitmire36
    Alsmir wrote:
    Same slice I pick all the time, never seen this bad before
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Alsmir wrote:
    Same slice I pick all the time, never seen this bad before
    You probably graduated to the big boy brackets then. Can't have the players doing too well for too long...
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    You also have to remember that 3 star deadpool + Switch + stored up deadpool points means you can win just about any battle short of maxed 5 stars in a couple minutes.
  • MrCrowley
    MrCrowley Posts: 81 Match Maker
    Obviously you must be in the same pool of players competing for the same prizes now, as otherwise the advanced rosters would be penalized.
    The mix has to have all players in. In reality you wont meet those powerful rosters in battle before you get to X points (for me the point break is at around 800). The super rosters will take any of the top rank prizes, but what did you expect to get? Cant assume you can compete for 1st place for the same prize as someone who has played for 2 years and have the same chance of winning it.
    If you want to compete with your peers only, then you would have to compete for lesser prizes.

There is something in development to fix the disparity in roster strenght vs rewards. Hopefully it means the top rosters have more prizes available and there remains some prizes that the 3s rosters can get to which will actually help them to progress.

I think the perfect system would allow you to always play for meaningful prizes (3s covers for starter 3s roster, or 4s covers for an advanced 3s roster etc.) so that you feel you can progress. I dont mind if the top 1 prize is a 5s that I cant win, if I have some hope of getting forward with what I have now.
  • Fightmastermpq
    Fightmastermpq Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    Alsmir wrote:
    Terrible advice. Those massive scores will make it far easier for you to hit your progression rewards during the event. Welcome to the big leagues OP, enjoy your progression rewards, placement rewards aren't meant for you.
  • Alsmir
    Alsmir wrote:
    Terrible advice. Those massive scores will make it far easier for you to hit your progression rewards during the event. Welcome to the big leagues OP, enjoy your progression rewards, placement rewards aren't meant for you.

Works for me.

1. I'm able to hit top 5 in slice 5, while in slice 4 entire top 10 is running champed OMLs. (I don't have a single 3* champ).

2. I can easily hit 600 points in slice 5, and 800 with some hard work. In slice 4 I wasted my healthpacks hitting 300 points, got clubbed back to 200 points. Then used another 10 healthpacks just to grind to 500, and over night I got clubbed to 196 points.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Alsmir wrote:
    Alsmir wrote:

Works for me.

1. I'm able to hit top 5 in slice 5, while in slice 4 entire top 10 is running champed OMLs. (I don't have a single 3* champ).

2. I can easily hit 600 points in slice 5, and 800 with some hard work. In slice 4 I wasted my healthpacks hitting 300 points, got clubbed back to 200 points. Then used another 10 healthpacks just to grind to 500, and over night I got clubbed to 196 points.
    You'll have the same experience in every PVP now.
    With your roster you have no business hitting T5 after your initial 60 days of noob brackets icon_e_smile.gif
  • MarvelMan
    MarvelMan Posts: 1,350
    Alsmir wrote:
    Alsmir wrote:

Works for me.

For anyone with champed 3* starting to work on 4*, S4 is *MUCH* better as its far easier to hit 1k and then it just takes some HP to get to 1.3k for the cp.
  • Jwhitmire36
    I get that obviously the difficulty will increase as my roster improves, but this was a sudden and massive jump which certainly doesn't match how fast my roster improves. It really zaps the motivation level.

In lethal intent with almost 2 days left in my slice there's already someone with 1k and my starting nodes are almost all level 250+, yippee.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    I get that obviously the difficulty will increase as my roster improves, but this was a sudden and massive jump which certainly doesn't match how fast my roster improves. It really zaps the motivation level.

In lethal intent with almost 2 days left in my slice there's already someone with 1k and my starting nodes are almost all level 250+, yippee.
    I certainly hope the new Clearance Level system helps with this rather Jarring transition.
    As for difficult fights, that's what the skip button is for. It does get old when you skip and skip and nothing worthwhile shows up though...
  • MarvelMan

The jarring "transition" is a result of the limited (two) bracket options, with nothing in between to smooth it out. MMR does that for individual battles, but the brackets are pretty much just N or V.
  • Fightmastermpq
    Fightmastermpq Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    Alsmir wrote:
    Alsmir wrote:

Works for me.

You are in a n00b bracket too then. I'm currently 6th in my S5 bracket at 1462, which is pretty typical for S5 vet brackets.
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor

I have nothing but sympathy for people going through what you're going through. This is the downside to the artificial difficulty of newbie brackets. The transition to regular brackets sucks. You can't keep drawing the bracket lines so that everybody can be in the top 5 forever.

It's your turn in the barrel. You'll be there for a while.

It's the downside of the developers absurd attachment to ranking awards. It means almost everyone loses, by definition. Welcome to the club!
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    we've all gone through that stage and that was about the time I pulled back from pvp and played pve for a while until my roster improved to the point of being able to perform there. be content with the 10-pk for several seasons and then see where you stand.
  • MarvelMan
    You are in a n00b bracket too then. I'm currently 6th in my S5 bracket at 1462, which is pretty typical for S5 vet brackets.

Thats a n00b bracket in S4....I missed T50 with 1800. =(
  • Wobby
    Wobby Posts: 286 Mover and Shaker
    MarvelMan wrote:

Thats a n00b bracket in S4....I missed T50 with 1800. =(

You missed top 50 because my 2225 points only gave me 30th place.
  • Alsmir
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Alsmir wrote:
    Alsmir wrote:

Works for me.

You'll have the same experience in every PVP now.
    With your roster you have no business hitting T5 after your initial 60 days of noob brackets icon_e_smile.gif

I'm around day 100.

I'm back at slice 5, already looks way more civil.

Moreover, I love the design that a guy transitioning into 3* has no business getting 3* covers.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Alsmir wrote:
    I'm around day 100.

I'm back at slice 5, already looks way more civil.

Moreover, I love the design that a guy transitioning into 3* has no business getting 3* covers.
    I didn't say that, but T5 really shouldn't be reachable by someone running 2* champs.