Add a 5* to the weekly buffs?

Mitchjewitz
Mitchjewitz Posts: 84 Match Maker
edited August 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
There are now more 5* characters than 1* characters (who buff 2 per week). They have been buffed in various events so it isn't unheard of. The main reason I would want this is to be able to use at least one 5* in heroic pves. Thoughts?
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's bad enough when they are boosted in off-season events. No thanks.
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Not a fan. In fact one of the only things I like about Heroics is the lack of 5*s. Makes it a little more even of a playing field when the top of the food chain can't use the shiniest of toys.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2016
    Edit: I changed my mind, NO for everything.

I just read and I agree, scaling in this last Heroic is much better withouyt any 5s, 'just' with IMHB and Iceman as my top guys (both champed).

Scaling for 5s is still much worse in PvE, so having some buffed 5s would just make it worse.
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Because Balance of Power wasn't annoying enough with level 550 enemies, let's make that level 700.
  • kenshohmer2
    kenshohmer2 Posts: 35 Just Dropped In
    I voted no and I have 3 champ 5 star.png .
    On a personal Level, with the broken MMR, I already face only champ 5 star.png in PvP and the fights take for ever. Boosted will mean double health so even longer fights. For smaller roster (4/3 star.png ) an undercovered boosted 5 star.png will break their MMR and will not make any difference against a maxed 5 star.png Team.
    For PvE it's the same, I face over scaled teams on boring , long and unfair fights. I don't want to face lv 600+ dark avengers. For smaller roster boosted 5 star.png will be more punishing than fun.
    On a side note, for me , the difficulty is way better scaled on this heroic event than on a regular PvE. Even with champ Iceboy ( 402 boosted) and Hulkbuster(415 boosted) the opponent are manageable. I would enjoy PvE more if I had the option to lock my 5 star.png and having a 4 star.png scaling.
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    No. The 5* tier of play still sucks and any respite from it ought to be welcome.
  • Smudge
    Smudge Posts: 562 Critical Contributor
    No. We already have massive scaling problems across the board. Please don't make it worse!
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Should've had "**** no!" as an option...
  • amusingfoo1
    amusingfoo1 Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    I think it's inevitable, but I'm in no hurry to get there.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    I voted in the distance future. A future where we've got like 30 5*s and 6*s are a thing. They way they are rolling out new characters that might be 6 months from now icon_eek.gif
  • We_are_Venom
    We_are_Venom Posts: 308 Mover and Shaker
    No thanks. Not at all interested in seeing a level 600+ 5*.
  • Fightmastermpq
    Fightmastermpq Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    No. Boosted characters are a tool to promote roster diversity, and have characters that normally don't get much play see a little action. This diversity doesn't exist in the 5* tier. Outside of SS, most players don't have 5* characters that could be boosted to a level that would make them useful.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Never. 5*'s should -never- be boosted. 5*'s are already like 7*'s, boosted 4*'s don't even come close to competing.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    I voted no for the reasons already stated. Now, adding 4*'s to the heroic event reinforcements...
  • amusingfoo1

Just wait until Nefarious Foes (less than a week away), for boosted Goblin.
  • amusingfoo1
    No. Boosted characters are a tool to promote roster diversity, and have characters that normally don't get much play see a little action. This diversity doesn't exist in the 5* tier. Outside of SS, most players don't have 5* characters that could be boosted to a level that would make them useful.

I wonder if a boost would make 5Cap worth playing...
  • Fightmastermpq

I wonder if a boost would make 5Cap worth playing...
    I think your answer is here....

Just wait until Nefarious Foes (less than a week away), for boosted Goblin.
    I doubt you will really see much difference. People don't often soft cap their 5*s. Either you have the covers and you level them, or you don't and they sit at 255 until you do. So the guys that have playable GGs will do better, but I think most will keep using their SS/OML/Phx teams. The same would be true of 5Cap - either you have him usable or not, a boost week wouldn't likely make much difference.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    simonsez wrote:
    Should've had "tinykitty no!" as an option...

I in fact said, "No, tinykitty no," when I read the question.

(I'm sad to say I didn't think of actually saying "tinykitty," instead I said a word of uncertain Etymology, but is frequently used as an intensifier in English.)
  • rbdragon
    rbdragon Posts: 479 Mover and Shaker

*sniff sniff* My SS is useful...
  • Fightmastermpq
    rbdragon wrote:

*sniff sniff* My SS is useful...
    I used both my boosted IMHB and Iceman instead of my champed SS during the Patch event. icon_neutral.gif

He does get a ton of use in PvE though - mainly as a 47k HP sponge to conserve health packs.