Duck Season

2»

Comments

• SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Here's the current plan (subject to change) for Howard the Duck's return:

Simulator
    o Howard will be earnable * ** ***

*If you can individually T100
    **Or find a T100 Team
    ***Oh, by the way, it ends around the same time the season ends. So you'll also need to find a team to get you the reward that matters (the CP, since 4*'s are irrelevant).

WHY MUST THE NEW/RARE CHARACTER EVENTS END THE SAME TIME AS OTHER EVENTS?!?
  • Eichen
    Eichen Posts: 176 Tile Toppler
    I'd love to see another run of any of the so far one time PVEs. I didn't get to play Growth Industries when it was first run nor the Cho PVE. My dream would be a whole month long of just those events although I know that means no new characters so not even a remote possibility.

They should run a one time PVE event everytime there is a PVE with a 48 sub. That will give us something to play on our "off day" while we are waiting for the nodes to refresh.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Here's the current plan (subject to change) for Howard the Duck's return:

Simulator
    o Howard will be earnable * ** ***

*If you can individually T100
    **Or find a T100 Team
    ***Oh, by the way, it ends around the same time the season ends. So you'll also need to find a team to get you the reward that matters (the CP, since 4*'s are irrelevant).

Wait, are you saying that in order to acquire these rare rewards... we need to /play/ the game? In the same way we do for all other PVE rewards? OUTRAAAAGE!
  • SnowcaTT
    Pylgrim wrote:
    SnowcaTT wrote:

Wait, are you saying that in order to acquire these rare rewards... we need to /play/ the game? In the same way we do for all other PVE rewards? OUTRAAAAGE!

I'm saying that it isn't the easiest thing in the world to find 20 people willing to full-out hit every event in the game at the same time.

But also "Earnable" wouldn't be able to be debated if ALL PVE REWARDS WERE PROGRESSION (like many have asked for a long, long time now).
  • evade420
    evade420 Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    Sweet! I've got him at 2/4/2 currently
    Looks like I might have a chance to get him maxed out after these events.
    Would be cool to see him in the ddq again in the future icon_e_wink.gif
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    Pylgrim wrote:
    SnowcaTT wrote:

I'm saying that it isn't the easiest thing in the world to find 20 people willing to full-out hit every event in the game at the same time.

But also "Earnable" wouldn't be able to be debated if ALL PVE REWARDS WERE PROGRESSION (like many have asked for a long, long time now).

But... that's not what "earnable" means. Olympic medals may be earned. in fact, the only way of obtaining one is earning them. Obviously not everybody can, but that doesn't change the meaning of the word. I think you may be mixing it with "guaranteed".
  • a 4 star.png as an alliance t100 PVE reward - should be a new standard now.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    a 4 star.png as an alliance t100 PVE reward - should be a new standard now.
    It is the standard. Simulator uses the new character release scheme with Howard covers for top 100.
    The in-game prompt confirmed this is Another temporary visit FWIW.
  • I mean, not only for the new character releases but for old ones too.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
      o Howard will be in simulator Comic Packs

With a 0.1% draw rate, even in the 40 packs. Huzzah! icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    firethorne wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
      o Howard will be in simulator Comic Packs

With a 0.1% draw rate, even in the 40 packs. Huzzah! icon_rolleyes.gif
    His PVP will have higher odds.
    It's like a regular new character release.

Which is odd, but it is what it is.
  • Philly79
    Philly79 Posts: 422 Mover and Shaker
    can't wait to add more covers to my champion ducky...I actually like him a lot...situational yes but I enjoy using him when I do.
  • The Herald
    The Herald Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    I wonder if this is a test run for more 4* content?

A joke character is a pretty safe test run, and if the game doesn't go into melt down then maybe (hopefully) they will start reintroducing other older 4*s into similar circulation?
  • Sluggo
    Sluggo Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    The Herald wrote:

A joke character is a pretty safe test run, and if the game doesn't go into melt down then maybe (hopefully) they will start reintroducing other older 4*s into similar circulation?
    This is a pretty cool idea. Once a month, run a PVE like a new character release, except instead of introducing a new character, use (newer) existing characters like Moon Knight or War Machine. Sort of like a "second chance" PVE to get 4* covers for top 100s instead of top 10s.

That would certainly be a way to help players catch up on newer 4*s, instead of feeling like that Spider-Woman cover that will be released soon will sit around collecting dust for a while.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sluggo wrote:
    The Herald wrote:

This is a pretty cool idea. Once a month, run a PVE like a new character release, except instead of introducing a new character, use (newer) existing characters like Moon Knight or War Machine. Sort of like a "second chance" PVE to get 4* covers for top 100s instead of top 10s.

That would certainly be a way to help players catch up on newer 4*s, instead of feeling like that Spider-Woman cover that will be released soon will sit around collecting dust for a while.

At this point in the game, I'm sort of astounded that it isn't this way for ever event. The game has moved on to a 5* meta, but they think a 4* reward for only the top 2% on a standard event makes sense somehow. It's been over a year since they made the last 3*, but they still haven't adjusted placement awards to reflect that.
  • The Herald
    The Herald Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    Hell, I would love a Hulkbuster one. I only have 4 covers and want to move into them for my transition from a 3* scrublord icon_neutral.gif
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm excited to get more chances to win Howard. Although it would be nice if Sim PVE didn't end the same night as PVP Season... because I don't want to need to choose.. right now it looks like I'll win an alliance LT but not a top 100 PVE alliance howard. Oh well!
  • SnowcaTT
    Incredibly disappointing. Why are you FEATURING an ESSENTIAL 4* that IS NOT AVAILABLE except in these events?

Oh, and in this event you....didn't make a special vault to be able to get him more easily, make more tokens in the events to be able to get him there, make him available as alliance rewards anywhere....

I pulled the two characters "easily" available in these events, the 1K and the PVE node. I bought one token ever day but at the ridiculously low rates of course I never pulled another one in either PVP or PVE.

Perhaps most disappointing? Not even having a DDQ Clash of the Titans with Howard rewarding Howard - at least make it possible for folks to get another one there!!!

And yet everyone is forced to use in in PVP again? Again - why put him as an essential if you aren't going to make him more available for the vast majority of players to get more covers for him?

If you are going to re-run your PVE event with Howard - put Howard in packs. Otherwise, only re-run it as a full "Duck season", with DDQ and more tokens with higher drop rates!
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I got five more duckys this season, so I'm happy.