Duck Season

evade420
evade420 Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
edited August 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
I think it's almost time for another Duck Season.
I loved the PVE it had a great story line and a nice mix of enemies, and Howard's Crash of Titans is (/could be) just around the corner.
I'd be a great to try it out with the new system and would be a good way to delay another new character release (feeling inundated).

What Ya'll think?

Comments

• Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    I just didn't care for Duck Season. What's the point of a character who is only available at certain times and isn't all that good to begin with?
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    To counter that counter: Duck season was FUN.

Bring on more fun.
  • evade420
    He's for sure not a top character but I think that fully covered and leveled he can be an awesome support character.
    He's got invisibility, stun, Special tile control, green control/shake up.
    His invisibility can be pretty deadly, I learnt early on in his pvp to get rid of him first even if he was the loaner for that very reason.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    and if you needed a break, duck season provided it since Howie would never be essential or required for anything meaningful, and wasn't a great, overpowering character.
  • Eichen
    Eichen Posts: 176 Tile Toppler
    What's the point of a character who is only available at certain times and isn't all that good to begin with?

Aren't they all kind of only available at a certain time? Yes there is rng but really the only reliable way to get a specific characters cover is if it is given as a reward for something. With close to 40 4*s now that sometimes means months before that specific reward comes up. Plus probably a third of the characters are not all that good to begin with. I would rather have another Howard cover than a TAH, Elektra, Punisher, Reed, Kate Bishop, Winter Soldier, etc; not to mention all the other good characters where rng gives me a 6th of a specific color that does me no good.

We play the same things over and over again why not put his event back into rotation.

Or why not have 2 events going on at the same time. The other day PVE had a 48 hour sub and I hardly played for a whole day. I hit PVP a few times but that was it. When that happens why not put 2 events on at the same time? Especially with the new PVP timer set up. I bet even without the 48hr sub if there were two events at the same time I could run Slice 2 in one and Slice 4 in the other and hit max progression in both.

OK I'll be quite now since I turned your one comment into a rant about something else all together...
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well, October is coming - it's almost Dino Season.

I suppose duck season will be six months after that....
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    I hope they deduct all iso from the event then I have zero reason to play it.

Glad others like it but along with venom bomb it's the only other pve I will always skip.
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Webbed Wonder was just added to the Sneak Peak. Hopefully that means Duck Season is impending.
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    Webbed Wonder was just added to the Sneak Peak. Hopefully that means Duck Season is impending.

More Duck is always needed!
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Rabbit season.
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    Rabbit season.
    Dammit I was just about to post this.
  • evade420
    Waaaauuugh! hi-if just posted this in sneak peak:

"Howard the Duck confirmed as returning in Story and shortly after, Versus. Not technically Duck Season as there will not be an overarching Vault and there won't be a Howard DDQ.
    (*Disclaimer: At least, that is the plan as of today.)"
  • The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Orion wrote:
    I just didn't care for Duck Season. What's the point of a character who is only available at certain times and isn't all that good to begin with?

Ever been up against him when you're in a hurry? Yes, yes, Jean Grey, but he ain't terrible.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    What is funny is their "Joke" characters are some of the first ones on my to-do:champ list since they apparently are the only ones that will see repeat use as PVP essentials.

(4* PVP now!)
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Orion wrote:

I use him every day in the DDQ. He's pretty damn fun to play with.

I'd love to see another run of any of the so far one time PVEs. I didn't get to play Growth Industries when it was first run nor the Cho PVE. My dream would be a whole month long of just those events although I know that means no new characters so not even a remote possibility.
  • amusingfoo1
    amusingfoo1 Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    Orion wrote:

Ever been up against him when you're in a hurry? Yes, yes, Jean Grey, but he ain't terrible.

War Machine says hi. But I'd agree; he isn't terrible.
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 628 Critical Contributor
    revskip wrote:
    He's pretty damn fun to play with.

Agreed -- And the PVE introducing him was hilarious! I don't think I'd ever LLOL'd ("literally laughed out loud") that much at MPQ-dialogue before that. (I believe I read at the time that Howard's comic writer Chip Zdarsky contributed?)
  • Fightmastermpq
    Fightmastermpq Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    Rabbit season.
    Dammit I was just about to post this.
    There is still time to sneak in a Wabbit Season though!
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    Here's the current plan (subject to change) for Howard the Duck's return:

Current Plan:

Story Events

Simulator
      o Howard will be in simulator Comic Packs o Howard will be earnable

Webbed Wonder
      o Howard will be the Webbed Wonder Vault o There will be a mission that rewards Howard

Versus Event

Fowl Play
      o Howard will be in Fowl Play Comic Packs o Howard will be the 1k Progression reward
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    fowl play will be in season?