You have 100 CP -- 4 Latest or 5 Classic?

2»

Comments

• alaeth
    alaeth Posts: 446 Mover and Shaker
    I'm currently sitting on just over 400 CP, and 12 LTs... (embargo on opening them until I reach 500k ISO... just in case).

My plan is to use the CP on Classics... I need to finish off Jean, and that's the only way to do it.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    I really think it's a judgement call at this point.

The Classic LTs are so diluted with 5*s that if you get lucky enough to actually pull one, there are literally 15 different options of which one the RNG gives you. Not good odds if you want a specific character, but okay you're not looking for someone in general.

I have my maxed OML, Surfer is 3/4/3, and my next closest is Phoenix at 1/1/5. After pulling 2 dupe phoenix reds, I decided that maybe Latest might be a better investment.

And with no Black Bolt, one cover on Hulk, and IM46 at 2/4/3. So for an extra 5 CP, if I can get lucky, I'll get something I need.

It really just depends on what you are looking to pull. I'm still concentrating on maxing the 4s I want before I put any more iso into 5s (OML excluded). I have like maybe two or three 4*s I care about left to go and two of those are recent releases, so it'll be a while there.
  • illusionist_KA
    illusionist_KA Posts: 137 Tile Toppler
    I would take the classics anytime. Having one extra cover is better than no cover at all. It would be a complete waste of one. I still would like the DEV's to consider this idea i put a few months ago. viewtopic.php?f=8&t=45111

I would like to see another option for the legendary tokens. The third option, would be to add a 15cp token pull where there are no 5* in it. Let the people decide if they want a 5* for there roster or stick to building 4*'s
  • Zombionicdoom
    Zombionicdoom Posts: 98 Match Maker
    I definitely need more 4* covers than 5* so I voted for 5 classic. In fact I think there should be a 15CP option for just 4* characters.

Edit - Haha, holy ****, apologies for not reading the post above. I absolutely agree with the very sensible previous poster for their 15CP suggestion icon_e_wink.gif
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    You should never buy Latest if your Old Man Logan and Phoenix aren't maxed. Mine aren't so Classics all the way.
  • Sluggo
    Sluggo Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    This is a pretty straightforward call for most people, I imagine. If you're still in 3* territory or the 3->4* transition and need 4*s, you need volume. 5 LTs > 4 LTs. If you've got a maxed-out OML / Surfer / Phoenix and need the newest 5*s, then you go for Latest.

Personally, as someone who still needs all the 4*s he can get, I'm scared every time I get a Latest LT from Crash of the Titans, because I'm afraid I'm going to get a new 5* that I really have no use for. I still only have 3-5 covers for most of the original 5*s, I need more of those, I don't need a single Banner or Black Bolt.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dunno why anyone would vote for the latest when OML (literally the only character you NEED right now) is only in the classics.
  • LordXberk
    LordXberk Posts: 252 Mover and Shaker
    Dunno why anyone would vote for the latest when OML (literally the only character you NEED right now) is only in the classics.

For specific situations it makes sense, even for non-whales. For example (see my post above for details), I have a max-covered, soft-capped OML and am only interested in 2 of the 3 PHX covers (2/3/5 build) and would soft-cap her, too. Also, have only 2 GG and 0 BSSM. This compares to 8 IM46 and 8 BB, so the odds of me pulling a cover of a 5* that is usable in the near-term (next 3-6mos) is much higher from the Latests v. Classics. The dilution of the classics in that any specific 5* cover has only an 0.8% chance of showing up is a BIG problem when you're sitting at unbalanced builds (5/5/0 being the most extreme) and 5* pulls that are very tough to get anyways then become worthless.

But, I agree that for the majority of players the Classics are the better deal.