You have 100 CP -- 4 Latest or 5 Classic?

jackstar0
jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
edited August 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Choose wisely. Then explain yourself if you want to do so.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2016
    Classics, possibly pulling BB, Banner or IM won't have any effect on my roster. No reason to spend 5 extra comps/draw for zero potential gain
  • The Herald
    The Herald Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    I'm a 3* player, I need 4* covers.
  • mikepro
    mikepro Posts: 95 Match Maker
    I have mostly all 4* almost all covered and I'm needing 5* covers. And I'm sitting on 500 cp and 6lt right now. Um I think I'll take my chances at getting the 5* I need like phx and oml and remaining covers through 20 cp pulls since I've got 31 pulls
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    The only way Latest tokens would be preferable is if you stood to gain more from opening a new 5 than an old 5. Which is basically the same thing as saying you either have OML completely covered or else you really really want IM, since Black Bolt and Banner kinda seem to suck.
  • The Herald
    The Herald Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    The only way Latest tokens would be preferable is if you stood to gain more from opening a new 5 than an old 5. Which is basically the same thing as saying you either have OML completely covered or else you really really want IM, since Black Bolt and Banner kinda seem to suck.

Banner is a Demon beast on defence! I do NOT want to see banner/OML/PHX. I'm only a 3* scrub anyway, but I would seriously cry.

There may be a case for him being the worst of that unholy trifecta, but he DOES fill out the team of it's-pointless-to-attack-any-of-us-first 5* nightmares.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mostly classics, though I spent on latest when cap and im46 were both in still.
  • Smudge
    Smudge Posts: 562 Critical Contributor
    Unless you're already firmly in the 5* transition with the classics ~mostly covered, pulling fewer latest tokens doesn't make as much sense.

I'm a 3-4* transitioner and do not have BB or Banner on my roster yet. I need 4*s; my classic 5s are better covered, but none quite halfway.

Getting a single BB or Banner power will have zero benefit to me at this point, and I suspect many people in the same boat would agree. I would rather have more purples for my 1/1/4 Phoenix if I am not going to get a 4* from the deal.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,728 Chairperson of the Boards
    Your odds are still much greater of getting a 4* than anything else. Might as well get cheaper ones....
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Classics, every time. Whether 20CP or 20 million CP; every time.
  • Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    Save it for when something better than OML comes out.
  • Kevin61
    Kevin61 Posts: 256 Mover and Shaker
    Simple - one extra cover.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Unless you're aiming for a new 5* in particular - or - you have all 4* covered it makes little sense to spend 5cp extra for a miniscule chance at pulling a specific 5*. Classics all the way
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    5 chances at OML, PH, Spidey GG vs 4 chances at IM46 or BB. And I have more covered the old ones, so there is a bigger chance pulling a 5 in classic is going to make a difference.
  • thanos8587
    thanos8587 Posts: 653
    classics can only be obtained with cp. for some reason all instances of leg tokens havent been replaced with 25 cp. champing, vaults, ddq are all still dropping latest so youre going to get a fair share of them whether you want them or not.

and yes 5>4. and no i still dont have an oml yellow. classics all the way.
  • chamber44
    chamber44 Posts: 324 Mover and Shaker
    there's only 9 total 4* covers that i don't need (TWO of which are sitting in my sell bin -- **** you RNG), so i'd take 5 classic every time.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Unless you're mega humpback status and trying to fully cover 5*s as soon as they're released, I can't really think of a reason why you'd want to take Latest over Classic.
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    The Herald wrote:
    I'm a 3* player, I need 4* covers.
    i gave two 4*s maxed.
    i rather buy specific covers for my best/most covered 4*s.

i rather have one hilariously overpriced cover than 10 covers for low tier characters i dont play in the first place.

i bought the last cover for rulk and imhb, the next is iceman, fury or antman

TLDR - with 100cp im40 still missing 20
  • LordXberk
    LordXberk Posts: 252 Mover and Shaker
    My situation is perhaps a bit unique (or I've been foolish w/ my hoard, ha ha); however, I chose the 4 Latest LT option. As background, for the 5*s in the Classics, I have 13 covers on OML, 10 on PHX (2/3/5), 7 on SS (5/2/0), 2 on GG, 4 on Cap, 0 on BSSM. As I just opened 75 Latest LTs using LTs and probably another 50 using CPs, I have built an 8 cover BB (1/5/2), 6 cover Hulk (3/1/2) and 7 cover IM46 (3/2/2).

The odds of me pulling a meaningful cover that I can apply to a top character I can use sooner v. later are greater for the Latest v. Classics since I'm chasing BB and IM46 v. just PHX. With the odds of each specific color cover at 1.7% in Latest (3 characters at 3 covers w/ 15% chance = 15% / 9 = 1.7%) v. 0.8% in Classics, I've got 5 covers to chase in Latest (have 5 on BB black) and just 2 in Classics (5 PHX red), so 8.5% v. 1.6%.

Sure, the 4*s mean something (side note: do they, though?) and I'm giving up my shot at GG and BSSM which I'll want in the long-term, but in creating another character I can use sometime in the next couple of months, it seems like it's better to chase IM46 and BB before the odds of getting them are diluted even further. Furthermore, I think it is more likely the devs do something to improve the odds of getting older 5*s before they do anything for the newer releases - this could come in the form of breaking up the characters offered in the Classics into Classic 1 and Classic 2, rotating characters in and out, or something else. So, I'll wait and chase PHX, GG, and BSSM once the odds are higher (or costs lower).
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Always going for more tokens. Also, where is The Only Character That Matters? Pick the token that has him in it.
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    Cost efficiency, mostly. I expect a 4* cover, and I'd rather have 5 than 4.

Added benefit - you might draw more OML covers.

The only people who should buy latest tokens are whales who already have the older 5*'s fully covered. At least until a 5* emerges that beats out OML for both utility and competitiveness.