who is cashing in LTs before black bolt?

2»

Comments

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vhailorx wrote:
    jobob wrote:
    I've been hoarding for awhile now. I have around 50 LT and a little over 7k CP. I didn't make a run for Banner... was going to try to cover him and BB at the same time, but now that BB looks so bad, I'm considering hoarding for the next 5 and maybe I can cover all 3 at once.
    That's awesome. This is my plan as well - it takes 260 pulls (given stated draw rates and even distribution) or 6500 CP to max all the Latest characters, so whenever there are 3 good ones in there you could cash everything in and likely max all 3 at once!

I would guess that the likely outcome is to over cover at least 1 of the 3 but not get 13/13 on more than 1. RNG is a jerk that way.

Best not to open a hoard like that with 1mil+ iso on hand too, so that strong characters can be champed to utilize otherwise useless covers.
    I'll probably make a thread in the next week or so. But the preview is I'll be saving up for about 9 months including 1.6 million ISO to max three 5*s and probably another million or so to champ some 4*s as well. I haven't done all the math yet, but I'm thinking 4* champ rewards might generate enough LTs/CP to make up for any trolling RNGesus does. I can also try to keep 720/1440 CP in reserve to buy covers outright if that makes sense.

I look forward to it. hoarding for 9 months is an impressive achievement. I would love to do a controlled experiment where both players get exactly the same rewards and play exactly the same number of matches, but one hoards LTs and CP while the other opens everything immediately. Obviously not a practical experiment that is likely to happen any time soon, but it's the only way we could really ever answer the question of whether or not hoarding to maximize the efficiency of RNG resources outweighs the opportunity costs of having a better roster right now.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    I generally hoard CP when I am building up ISO to champion a character. I had been waiting to get enough ISO to champion Pun then get an extra 100k to pull my cp points but since the 5* could get diluted further I decided to use 180 CP on latest and got my 13th OML and 2 Phoenix covers. I now have to decide to max OML or take pheonix, SS, BSSM to level 350-375 first. Either way I will probably wait to get around 300k ISO before I pull and LT again. At this point I have 13 championed 4* and I don't love any of my 13 cover 4*.

Although DPDQ might start getting to the new characters soon in the crash of the titians so I will peobsbly need to add som ISO to the 9 4* I have at level 70
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,411 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vhailorx wrote:
    I look forward to it. hoarding for 9 months is an impressive achievement. I would love to do a controlled experiment where both players get exactly the same rewards and play exactly the same number of matches, but one hoards LTs and CP while the other opens everything immediately. Obviously not a practical experiment that is likely to happen any time soon, but it's the only way we could really ever answer the question of whether or not hoarding to maximize the efficiency of RNG resources outweighs the opportunity costs of having a better roster right now.

Do you have two sandbox accounts? Give them the same amount of command points so that one can open daily while the other open them all at the end.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    I did. Cashed out 85 pulls and am done. Hooray!

Now that's how you do a quitting post. Just sneak it in there and poof! Gone.
  • amusingfoo1
    amusingfoo1 Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    I saved for a couple weeks before (only tokens; still spent all my cp). Ended up with 11. Worked out; got a icon_blackbolt.pngblackflag.png and token_legendary.pngicon_ironman.pngblueflag.png . Very pleased, even if neither is anywhere near playable.