who is cashing in LTs before black bolt?

Vhailorx
Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
edited August 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Topic. What are people doing?
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'd cheerfully roster him but I did want a shot at IM46/Cap covers before the join the more diluted pool in Classic tokens. Thankfully, the gamble worked.
  • Norksman
    Norksman Posts: 42
    I voted no, but honestly because I can't bring myself to hoard tokens. I see that number there and ocd kicks in a bit. Much like the unread messages number on my mail icon. Gotta get rid of it!
  • Kevin61
    Kevin61 Posts: 256 Mover and Shaker
    Holding on to my LT's and CP (currently at 5 and 192, respectively) until next season starts and Wasp is added to the pool. But, yeah, I'll roster Black Bolt before I roster Bruce Banner. Just not impressed at all with Banners abilities.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    I am not 100% sure of what I am going to do.

But what it is obvious is that Devs or the community managers (I don't know who is responsible) are lazier than ever OR they don't value the people in this forum at all. We don't even have the stats for BlackBolt yet!! The same day that he goes live! And of course, we also don't know what it is going to happen with the other chars and percentages in the LTs. It would be very nice if we could do an informed decision of what is best for us, it is not that we are going to get the covers if they give us this info!

I have always thought that this pre-release info was a nice gesture to your most loyal fanbase, but it looks like they don't care anymore...
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm still hoarding until I see exactly how they are going to break out the latest legends and classic packs. The only 5*s I have any covers for are IM46, 5Cap and GG so ideally I'd like to wait until they are in the same pack before opening anything else to try and maximize my chances of getting them better covered. My greatest hope is that they split it into three packs eventually and then rotate the older 5*s between two of those packs.
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    I've given up hoarding and just cash in as I get them. If I can't use the cover, I can use the iso.

I didn't answer your poll because none of the answers reflect the fact that I just cash in anyway.
  • Figure15
    Figure15 Posts: 284 Mover and Shaker
    I want to cash in before the dilution but I don't have enough Iso to champ a 4* pulling the extra covers would result in.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    This poll needs a "No because I'm not hoarding in the first place option"
  • gravel
    gravel Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    I voted yes, but my stockpile is two LTs, one from Crash yesterday, and one from champing Quake. For me, it's less about better or worse odds at a 5*, since one more cover for IM (1/0/3) or Cap (1/1/0) won't matter at this point, and more about wanting to have at least one cover of the new character.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Polares wrote:
    But what it is obvious is that Devs or the community managers (I don't know who is responsible) are lazier than ever OR they don't value the people in this forum at all.
    We're like the bacteria in their digestive tract. We keep everything running, but they'd prefer not to have to think about us...
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm hoarding everything (tokens, iso, cp) until at least the anniversary. It's not like a handful of LTs would make a difference anyway.
  • LordXberk
    LordXberk Posts: 252 Mover and Shaker
    Didn't vote bcs I'm not sure. As Polares pointed out above (and I posted on the actual Black Bolt character page last night), we still don't have Black Bolt's numbers!!! The yellow power is **** (optimist in me is hoping he's delayed as they re-work that power, but unlikely), but depending on the damage of the green and black powers, he could still be salvaged. Sitting on 75 LTs and 3k CP and I'm ready to open something, but would prefer to have more information before making that decision. I expect I'll get it when things go live and not one second before...
  • Fightmastermpq
    Fightmastermpq Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    Polares wrote:
    I am not 100% sure of what I am going to do.

But what it is obvious is that Devs or the community managers (I don't know who is responsible) are lazier than ever OR they don't value the people in this forum at all. We don't even have the stats for BlackBolt yet!! The same day that he goes live! And of course, we also don't know what it is going to happen with the other chars and percentages in the LTs. It would be very nice if we could do an informed decision of what is best for us, it is not that we are going to get the covers if they give us this info!

I have always thought that this pre-release info was a nice gesture to your most loyal fanbase, but it looks like they don't care anymore...
    Sometimes the lack of a statement can make the loudest statement of all.
  • Jabrony_Geoff
    Jabrony_Geoff Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    I'm hoarding everything (tokens, iso, cp) until at least the anniversary. It's not like a handful of LTs would make a difference anyway.

Why, what happens at anniversary?
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards

Why, what happens at anniversary?

Nothing specific that I know of.

There's just really nothing on my roster right now that I feel is worth adding or dumping resources into, either because the characters aren't great (4*) or because they'll murder my MMR/scaling (5*). It's 2 months away, so seems like a good amount of time to hoard. At current rates that's about 1-1.2M iso, 1000 or so CP, and another stack of other tokens. I could easily hoard past that time also, that's just where I've set my next inflection point.
  • jobob
    jobob Posts: 680 Critical Contributor
    I've been hoarding for awhile now. I have around 50 LT and a little over 7k CP. I didn't make a run for Banner... was going to try to cover him and BB at the same time, but now that BB looks so bad, I'm considering hoarding for the next 5 and maybe I can cover all 3 at once.
  • Fightmastermpq
    jobob wrote:
    I've been hoarding for awhile now. I have around 50 LT and a little over 7k CP. I didn't make a run for Banner... was going to try to cover him and BB at the same time, but now that BB looks so bad, I'm considering hoarding for the next 5 and maybe I can cover all 3 at once.
    That's awesome. This is my plan as well - it takes 260 pulls (given stated draw rates and even distribution) or 6500 CP to max all the Latest characters, so whenever there are 3 good ones in there you could cash everything in and likely max all 3 at once!
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    pulled my 39. 2 5tark, 2 5teve, 1 bruce. some needed drax, wm, and kate. some levels. some iso. about where its supposed to be.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    jobob wrote:
    That's awesome. This is my plan as well - it takes 260 pulls (given stated draw rates and even distribution) or 6500 CP to max all the Latest characters, so whenever there are 3 good ones in there you could cash everything in and likely max all 3 at once!

I would guess that the likely outcome is to over cover at least 1 of the 3 but not get 13/13 on more than 1. RNG is a jerk that way.

Best not to open a hoard like that with 1mil+ iso on hand too, so that strong characters can be champed to utilize otherwise useless covers.
  • Fightmastermpq
    Vhailorx wrote:
    jobob wrote:

I would guess that the likely outcome is to over cover at least 1 of the 3 but not get 13/13 on more than 1. RNG is a jerk that way.

Best not to open a hoard like that with 1mil+ iso on hand too, so that strong characters can be champed to utilize otherwise useless covers.
    I'll probably make a thread in the next week or so. But the preview is I'll be saving up for about 9 months including 1.6 million ISO to max three 5*s and probably another million or so to champ some 4*s as well. I haven't done all the math yet, but I'm thinking 4* champ rewards might generate enough LTs/CP to make up for any trolling RNGesus does. I can also try to keep 720/1440 CP in reserve to buy covers outright if that makes sense.