Comments

• Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I use 4 on a daily basis:

PVP essential
    PVE essential
    DDQ essential
    Scarlet Witch to accelarate Phoenix in PVE.

When either of these overlap I use less.

When Thoress is boosted, I sometimes use IM.

I have all 2,3,4 and 5 stars rostered. I use maybe 10 characters of my 101 slot roster per day.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Most days in Ddq I use Deadpool, Witch + essential and LThor, Rocket&Groot and GSBW for BE.
    In pvp, it's normally essential plus Scarlet Witch and Teen Jean for climbing.
    Story is normally IM40, Scarlet Witch alonside Teen Jean.
    Throw in Iron Fist for trivial nodes and the occasional other character when I'm bored of mindless grinding (or when the likes of Bullseye is boosted for the fun).

I really don't use my roster that much it would appear.
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If you're not running true-healers, a diverse 3* cast allows you to finish PvE nodes without spending health packs. Assuming they're not made completely irrelevant by your personal scaling.
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Up to 3 daily: 1 for essential PVE, 1 for essential PVP, and 3* Deadpool in "Dat Required Character" (as long as he's available) in order to build up my whales. Now, I don't play PVP every day, just usually on the day the slice ends so 3/7 days a week. Sometimes there is overlap in who is required in either PVP or PVE, or sometimes that is 3* DP so, on average, I probably play two 3*s a day, but I answered three.
  • metallion
    metallion Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    My usual setup on a typical day goes
    DDQ: Required, 3*DP, Patch
    TBE: 3* Bullseye, Cage, Panther
    PVP: Required, IF
    PVE (Only for new releases): Essential, and mainly IM40 only, sometimes changed to SW+GSBW

Total of at least 8 different 3*s used per day, with anywhere between an additional 2 to 4 more for new release PVEs
  • mckauhu
    mckauhu Posts: 740 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Today grinded like never before so used almost everyone of my 30 3*s
  • amusingfoo1
    amusingfoo1 Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I said three. DDQ, PvE essential, and I usually do PvE clears with Scarlet Witch. I guess LRs get me to use others. And I do use IM40 on occasion.

Edit: I forgot that I use DP3 every day to accumulate whale points as well. Also, someone mentioned using more 3*s than 4*s. I think that's true of me as well. I occasionally use one as a third in Sim. I sometimes use a boosted 4* for PvE clears. Plus the essential 4*. With OML locked out of Sharp Dressed, I've used Hulkbuster (he's pretty fun, when buffed. 50k point one-shots are quite awesome) the last couple days. And I use Iceman as my third for DDQ; I should start using all 4* teams for that, maybe. So I use 1-3 4*s daily. That's pretty sad.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Mostly just IM40 and for DDQ.
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Just 3. Logan + Phoenix + whatever 3* I have to, all day, for everything. Viva variety. icon_cry.gif
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,141 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My four year old daughter likes to choose my characters, so I let her pick for easy nodes. She's picked out about a dozen different ones so far. She likes picking the girl teams. Captain Marvel and Scarlet Witch are her two favorites.

For the Deadpool daily, it's usually the required one, Deadpool (Whale points!) and someone who fills in the color gaps. The Big Enchilada is Cyclops, 3-star Cap, and Kamala Khan. Today in the event and PvP, I've used Doc Ock, Patch, Loki, Iron Fist, Cage, She Hulk, Beast, Scarlet Witch... So well over a dozen or so today.
  • Norksman
    Norksman Posts: 42
    Options
    Answered based on today -

DDQ - Rags, DP, IM40
    Big Enchilada - GSBW, BP, 3Cap
    Essential - Colussus
    Extra PVE - IF, LC, She Hulk
    Shield Sim - KK, Patch, Daken, Loki

This isn't uncommon for me, if I put in a big session to Shield Sim, I'll often use every champed 3* I have (21) plus Loki.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Let's see, who was DDQ today? Oh, right, KK.

So, I ran 6 x 3* characters, since I'm in a DDQ-only mode at present.

KK, Daken, Cyclops for Dat Essential. Easy as pie.

Patch, DD, Cage for TBE. Almost lost. Again. Stupid random waves. The Patch green+DD purple combo gets completely fouled up by special tile generators, in today's case, the 2* Wolvie and Doombots in wave 1 who spat out some strikes & attacks on me. That made me waste my first 10 purple cleaning those up, essentially, slowed the whole thing down and I entered wave 4 without enough stored AP to nuke everybody. Ate a Thor green instead which almost took out Cage. Sheesh.

And that's it for today. It does feel refreshing in the evenings, not playing this game.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I guess Heroic would effect who I use...but this time it was Fist/Cage boosted so....

DDQ essential: Fist/Cage/KK (3)
    DDQ big enchilada: DP/Thor/Hood (+3 = 6)
    PVP: DP (+0 = 6)
    PVE: Fist/Cage/She-Hulk (!) (+1 =7)
    PVE essential: 4*/4*/BP (+1=8)

Eight of forty, and again because I have stuck to my old-school guns to run the enchilada with 3*'s and didn't care to use the 4*'s as a tag-along in PVE or it would have been four or five...1/8th or 1/10th of characters in that tier are all that I probably should have used.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Just think, next year around this time we will have a post discussion about how irrelevant 4* characters are because 5* and the new 6* are more useful.

Seriously, we had a similar post about this with 2*'s last year and we joked about 5*'s coming.. then they came.

Remember this "joke" post from last August: https://d3go.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=32258&hilit=+drax
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Just think, next year around this time we will have a post discussion about how irrelevant 4* characters are because 5* and the new 6* are more useful.

Seriously, we had a similar post about this with 2*'s last year and we joked about 5*'s coming.. then they came.

Remember this "joke" post from last August: https://d3go.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=32258&hilit=+drax

If you read that thread, many of the ha-ha's we made were actually accurate. "Haha, 17k AoE! Joke joke!" No. Fact.

Where's a facepalm emoticon when I need one?