I haven't played for a day and I did not miss it!

2»

Comments

• Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm pretty sure my raison de jouer is a combination of stockholm syndrome and circumstance.

For the former - I've been playing for two years. I've spent more money on the game than I would a AAA console title o two. For awhile I was keeping up with releases and managing to roster every new character, with enough HP to buy the slot. New shinies. Can't stop.

That's the carrot.

There's not really a stick, so much as an apathetic bit of dirt. I play on a portable device because that's what I have available. My kids dominate the computer, tv, and consoles. I've got a Game of Thrones book set I've been meaning to get into, but after a day of work, cooking dinner, and bathing children it's hard to focus on dense reading, so I grab the pad and match 3.
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have greatly slowed down. The first couple of story events after the difficulty + progression change, I made sure to hit them enough to get the CP. Now, though.. ugh. I just can't do it. 7 days of Dark Avengers

If it helps, in the Hulk PvE they really toned down the progression requirement. I started ~ 3 hr after the last slice started and had the CP by Sunday afternoon. I don't know if it'll stay that way, but this one clearly delineates placement from progression. Progression could have been easily achieved on a very casual schedule. Placement is a nightmare, as always.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,233 Chairperson of the Boards
    Way too late now. I slacked off big time the first 2-3 days. I ended up getting the DD cover (and the Hulk cover of course), the next ISO haul, and the next HP haul after that, but with that I'm tapping out.