FIX PVP

2»

Comments

• _M4ru_
    _M4ru_ Posts: 91 Match Maker
    greenglove wrote:
    ... while you're trying to get a measly 30 points in a win.

Tip: don't do this, use the skip button instead. Hitting anyone worth less than 43 points is a waste of time.
  • illusionist_KA
    illusionist_KA Posts: 137 Tile Toppler
    Bowgentle wrote:
    8punch wrote:
    i wonder if this works.

just write every top player his name down when you know he is a shield hopper. the moment you see him playing. wait till he leaves a weak team. destroy it and shield?

would this actually work?
    It would certainly put you on the list of known snipers, which in turn will make your PVP experience kinda unpleasant.
    Give the guys that leave easy teams 5-10 minutes before hitting, they're helping out the whole slice.

So this is what i don't get. There is a protocol that should follow when it comes to PVP. So how often should one person take on your team on PVP? the other night, i was hit by the same person ( i wish i could say there name - top alliance) 5 times, twice not shielded, 3 shielded. the retialation points were between 8 and 13. however my roster was nowhere close to taking on his team. So where does on draw the line on how many times i should be hit? When i play others, i fight them twice and don't look for another fight. its not fair.

I can get to 1300 fairly easily through shield hopping. i only have 3 champed 4*. the rest are 3*, and hardly use any 5*
  • jobob
    jobob Posts: 680 Critical Contributor
    alvinlal wrote:
    So this is what i don't get. There is a protocol that should follow when it comes to PVP. So how often should one person take on your team on PVP? the other night, i was hit by the same person ( i wish i could say there name - top alliance) 5 times, twice not shielded, 3 shielded. the retialation points were between 8 and 13. however my roster was nowhere close to taking on his team. So where does on draw the line on how many times i should be hit? When i play others, i fight them twice and don't look for another fight. its not fair.
    Well, sometimes the MMR forces you into hitting the same guy over and over, especially early on in a PVP. And, while being in a top alliance that is a family of alliance, and has truces with other alliance families can be a great thing... it narrows down your list of potential targets greatly.

So in a given PVP, I may only have 10 - 20 targets show up in my MMR that I'm not allied with or have a truce in effect.

I kind of have a list in my head of the people who are in my MMR who are just highly leveled players on random alliances that just play the game without worrying about LINE and stuff. I'll hit them 1 - 2 times but no more. Then there are guys that are members of sniper alliances that certainly know better but choose to be ****. Those I'll hit as often as I can find.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,233 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm going to piggyback on this "FIX PVP" plea to add one more thing.

Fix the tinykitty matchmaking so it isn't so PUNISHINGLY hard RIGHT FROM THE START!

I have 38 3* champions now. I opened Sentry PVP yesterday to see no seed teams at all. Great, so I have zero points, and am seeing champed Witch, champed Magneto, champed Sentry, all over the place. Sure, I can take my own champs into the fight, but all it takes is one bad cascade (and Witch is GREAT at making that happen), and the match goes sideways on you, sometimes beyond recovery.

I just lost TWO straight matches; one I bailed on when it was obviously lost; the second was a full-blown, all three characters dead, defeat. My score? 103 points. I haven't even earned the (useless to me!) 2* cover at 200 points yet, and I'm getting pummelled by the insane matchmaking.

This. Is. WRONG! I did not spend 600+ days in this increasingly frustratingly stupid game to build a roster of this strength to have to scratch & claw every stinking PVP match. Back in my 2* days it didn't feel this hard. I could hit 300, sometimes 400, before hitting that wall, and thinking, 'well when I get a lot of 3* it should get easier...' Blatant lie. The carrot is just dangling in front of the dumb horse all the time isn't it? The horse can never catch it.

If a max-3* roster can't reliably and relatively painlessly reach the 700-1000 range without getting the stuffing kicked out of it at every step along the way, then what's the damn point?!

*exhales*

The point is I need a break. DDQ and that's it for me for a while.