How do the players feel about the game?

13»

Comments

• mpqq
    mpqq Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    jobob wrote:
    mpqq wrote:
    If you're not a whale, you're expendable.
    I just want to point out... it isn't like D3 listens to the whales either. They are typically treated as being just as expendable as free players. I've been in lots of LINE chats among whales, and they make a lot of the same complaints as every other player, and feel just about as important to D3.

Sorry, if it seemed that I implied that whales were privileged customers who got their way. I suppose "criticism from whales" might as well be lumped together with criticism from everyone else. The developer can pick and choose what they want to hear, then ignore the rest. However, I would disagree that whales are not treated as expendable. Whales speak with money. Words (criticism) from whales may ring on deaf ears, but when whales rush for that new character(s), the flow of cash is nice and steady. "When something is done right, no one notices". So, the developers continue their current trend. Only when something is significantly wrong, there will be changes. In the end, I suppose even whales can be replaced, but certainly not as easily as everyone else.
  • hurcules
    hurcules Posts: 519
    mpqq wrote:
    Sorry, if it seemed that I implied that whales were privileged customers who got their way. I suppose "criticism from whales" might as well be lumped together with criticism from everyone else. The developer can pick and choose what they want to hear, then ignore the rest. However, I would disagree that whales are not treated as expendable. Whales speak with money. Words (criticism) from whales may ring on deaf ears, but when whales rush for that new character(s), the flow of cash is nice and steady. "When something is done right, no one notices". So, the developers continue their current trend. Only when something is significantly wrong, there will be changes. In the end, I suppose even whales can be replaced, but certainly not as easily as everyone else.

Anyone remembers token-reroll-gate?

what was supposed to be outright ban became case-by-case consideration...
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,233 Chairperson of the Boards
    I feel MPQ has gone beyond stale.

There's a new update dropping in Future Fight in a week or so that's popping 6 more characters into the game along with actual new content. New Special Missions from the sound of the preview. And the game design there ensures I'll have a good shot at getting most or even all of those characters onto my roster (chances are they will paywall one, I'd think), and the new missions will likely have great drop rates for goodies, at least at first.

Meanwhile the only new characters MPQ spits out are reserved to the heavily addicted or whales, and new content is thin to nonexistent. Grind against Dark Avengers. Hit the PVP wall. Rinse & repeat.

It's no contest which game gets a few bucks from me every month. Not even close.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    hurcules wrote:
    mpqq wrote:

Anyone remembers token-reroll-gate?

what was supposed to be outright ban became case-by-case consideration...

Where the consideration was, "Have you bought in app purchases?" Rightly or not, it did give a bit of a feeling that money was more important than integrity. They've made a few such moves to tarnish their reputation with players from which they've never fully recovered.

They could fix it. But, I just doubt they will. To do so they'd need to focus more on their overall direction... They may have fixed the mechanics of how people were cheating tokens, but they refuse to make any changes to the aspects of the game that compelled so many people to cheat in the first place, that progress was so stilted they needed to break the rules to move forward.