Poll: how long does it take for you to max cover a new 4*?

2»

Comments

• carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    Have never max covered a 4*, but am maybe approaching that milestone. I got my first Nick Fury cover as an alliance season reward back when he was brand new, and picked up his 11th a couple days ago. My IW is also on 10 covers. Interestingly, my next most covered 4* (at 9 covers I think) is Ghost Rider, who I think came out in December?

I think I probably won't get around to leveling them anytime soon, so it's just there to be a milestone, but it's one I'll be satisfied to have accomplished, finally.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    I picked 4 months as a guess - it's not as though I've specifically kept track. I will say that since the first Crash of the Titans reset back to XF Wolverine, by the time a new character's Crash rolls around I've always had enough covers to at least beat it with heavy boosts.
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    As a free player i have 7 covers in Kingpin (got him in roster in 7/2015) and 12 covers in Spider Gwen - obtained 2/2016 (and i sold like 3 others).
    So yeah, hard to say exact time... varies from 6 to 20 months (not kidding - my Nick Fury is not even completed and i got him as soon as he was released, on the other side, wolverine 4* waits for being championed + 2 of his covers pending in 3* collosus and 3* wolverine icon_e_biggrin.gif )
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    atomzed wrote:
    Wow, seems that the variance can be really huge. Vhailorx experience with 4cyc and rulk is especially surprising.... Since they are the older 4*, I would expect it to be covered earlier. It may also be that vhailorx don't reach 1300 consistently so you weren't able to tap on the LT when the odds were less diluted.

Hmm, let me see if I can recall the details.

I remember getting 1/1/1 for both Cyc and Rulk in their release events. It's possible I got a 4th cover for cyc.

I then went more or less ddq-only from second anniversary through champion day in January 2016 (so yes, I didn't get very many LT pulls in fall 2015 when the 4* pool was much smaller. I think that's a huge built-in advantage for vets who could hit 1300 when LTs and 5*s went live. Another example of rich get richer). I did hit 1k in PVP for a few covers during that time, but I think it was just Iceman and JG and maybe xpool. I don't track my individual token pulls, so it's possible I pulled one or the other from an LT during that time, but I don't think so. That means I think I hit champion day with 3 or 4 covers for both cyclops and Rulk.

Since that time, I have added the following:

For Cyc:
    3 covers from release events
    7 rng covers (direct or indirect via 3* cyc covers)
    1 1k pvp cover (the red one in June)
    1 taco vault cover (mined with 94 tacos)
    Current Build: 5/3/4

For Rulk:
    3 covers from release events
    2 RNG covers (all direct, i have not yet received a champ reward cover for him)
    2 1k pvp cover (red this past offseason, and green before that)
    Current build: 2/3/2.

And as a quirky additional example RNG weirdness:
    For Nova:
    1 cover from release events
    2 1k pvp covers
    7 RNG covers
    Current Build: 4/2/4

So like I said, I have done a little bit to bend the curve by targeting Cyclops covers when they became available. But I only did that because RNG had already put him at 8 or 9 covers (and I chased red covers because I felt that going from 3 to 5 red covers would let me beat his ddq without much trouble). Rulk was (and is) still languishing very few covers, so it's much harder to justify spending hard-earned consumable resources on him. Instead I will try to hit every 1k cover I can and hope for some lucky LT pulls to put me over the top before the end of the year.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    I know my answer is all over the place, mainly because I hoard and open in big bundles. it would be interesting to know what the answer would be if I just opened everything consistently, but that would be way more wasteful to me.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    I chose 3 months but then I compared my roster to the newest releases and it's closer to 5-6.

The variance is in fact a monster however, Drax (late April) I've already sold multiple covers for, but Punisher (late March) has only 7 covers.

I'm not really close on any of the releases since May 1st. Peggy and Winter Soldier (6 each) are the highest.
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Variance is a huge factor for me and I really don't know how to answer because of this. I don't remember all the release dates, but my number of covers is all over the place. Miles has been max-covered for probably 3 months now, but Gwen only got a 9th cover recently (yet I've sold like 3 of her red covers). Venom is max-covered (also for a couple months), Quake is close with 12, but all the other new-ish characters are at 10 or fewer covers with release date only marginally tied to number of covers. For instance I have just 3 winter soldier covers but I have 8 war machine covers and 7 moon knight covers. For reference, I play nearly all pve to max progression and PvP to 1300+ as well so I'm opening lots of LTs.
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've been playing ~ 2.5 yr. I've only got one cover-maxed 4* - IW - which came ~ 2 years.

I do have three characters @ 12 covers, all will make 13 covers w/in a round of 3* DDQ covers. If that holds my average is ~ 6 mo. Just for covers, though. Not for championing.
  • MrCroaker64
    MrCroaker64 Posts: 70 Match Maker
    Day 840 - No max covered 4* - picked over 24 months (LOL)

Croaker.