So, I skipped 50 times in a row in shield simulator..

2»

Comments

• simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    firethorne wrote:
    So, I skipped 50 times in a row in shield simulator, and every team presented to me had Old Man Logan. Every. Single. Team.
    I agree that this is a **** situation, but did you really need to spend all that skip tax ISO to confirm what we already know?
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    I decided to come out of hiding to give some advice. 1600+ is absolute suicide to stop playing Sim and waste shields! The best way to reach 2000 early is to climb to around 1300-1400 (1500 at most) with your best team. Normally at this point you will not be attacked or attacked that often. Then wait for the perfect opportunity to climb to 2000 in one-go.

My method was to wait until the last day of a PVE or PVP, this approach works better when both events are ending around the same time. I find it best to do this during New Character releases. The point is, not many players will retaliate during this time because they are too busy securing their placement in PVE/PVP on the last day and they know they can simply climb back up their Sim if needed. My sneaky approach has never failed me in the Sim.

Back to my retirement cave. Enjoy! icon_e_biggrin.gif

P.S. My reputation is at 1980, help me hit the 2000 milestone. Thanks icon_lol.gif

- Punisher Out
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    firethorne wrote:
    I'm fielding 182 Magneto, 178 Iron Fist, 178 Luke Cage. Currently shielded at 1791 points.

This sounds delicious, thank you for seeding the points pool for me.
  • cyineedsn
    cyineedsn Posts: 361 Mover and Shaker
    Not that you are wrong about how much everyone uses him, but it is really, really, really early to be up that high in shield sim with a 3* roster. As soon as your shield drops not just 5*, but 4* players will be very quickly attacking and dragging you down.
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    If there's a design flaw associated with the OP's complaint, it's that it's a pretty feel-bad moment realizing that you're trying to play at a level where literally everybody has an advantage you lack, and that it isn't going to change. That can make it feel like you're being punished for playing, which sucks. So I sympathize.

That said, everything in this game is about tempering your expectations. If you're seeing nothing but OML, and you don't have him at a playable level, then you have a choice between beating your head against the wall, fruitlessly, or else backing off and trying for a more level-appropriate strategy. The game is not forgiving of ambition.
  • BumpoTheClown
    BumpoTheClown Posts: 74 Match Maker
    Between this and I got cho-les thread, idk what to say, meanwhile a 1000 kids died in Africa due to starvation while op made this thread.

We can't do anything about that. But our complaining MIGHT fix this game! =D

....And then the genie says, "Hmmm. Lemme look at that map of Africa again..."
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,610 Chairperson of the Boards
    You don't need to skip so much, as he's not hard to beat. Deny black and leave him for last.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    scottee wrote:
    You don't need to skip so much, as he's not hard to beat. Deny black and leave him for last.

I know. Just finished my climb. And while there is a bit of me questioning the unbalanced nature of matchmaking for those us us stuck without viable 5*s by the whims of the RNG gods and the need for different ranked brackets, this is more of a statement about how stale the game feels right now. 50 teams in a row, all variations on the same theme.. yawn. I didn't have to skip, but I was curious how many I'd have to get by to see something different. At 50 (and I realize there were some dupes) I resigned myself to the fact I wasn't going to see anything else.

At any rate, just got my Peggy, so if you see my name, fire away.
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Between this and I got cho-les thread, idk what to say, meanwhile a 1000 kids died in Africa due to starvation while op made this thread.

We can't do anything about that. But our complaining MIGHT fix this game! =D

....And then the genie says, "Hmmm. Lemme look at that map of Africa again..."

That is one of my favorite jokes sir. Gilbert Godfried did a fantastic version of it on one of his specials. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • jobob
    jobob Posts: 680 Critical Contributor
    OP, you can hit me if you like. I don't have OML in my SSIM team.
  • Sim is this long so we can climb, fall and repeat to accumulate as many 70 iso rewards as possible. Shorten it to a week... good sir, have you gone mad?