Marvel NOW! Poll Winner: Medusa!

2»

Comments

• TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    fmftint wrote:
    I hilariously don't even remember who the other 3 possible choices were icon_e_biggrin.gif

But, this is awesome news -- she's been a major player in the comics for years now. Looking forward to finally having some Inhumans in the game! (And I hope the newly redesigned Karnak is the third!)
    America Chavez (Ms America), Silk, Riri Williams (girl Ironman)

Not sure why y'all have a bee in your bonnet about the choices.....I mean, I DO, but I don't want to get banned.....but, the choices were perfectly fine, as far as representation goes.

Also, "girl Ironman"? So messy.
  • Bohica666
    Bohica666 Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    Labeling her the winner is misleading since she was the least **** choice in the toilet bowl that was that poll.

I didn't vote since I didn't know (any?) of the characters. Any chance of having some FAQ/breakdown of who this is?

A bit of reading on her here.

In short, she's the wife of King Black Bolt, the Inhuman Queen of Attilan (and of recently, the Kree Empire), and her signature power is Trichokinesis (the power to manipulate hair of oneself or others).
  • Dark Nova
    Dark Nova Posts: 56 Match Maker
    I guess some sort of board manipulation power is a given, but please don't let her become just a female Doc Ock. Maybe she could move enemy tiles to the middle two rows, so that Black Bolt could take them out? Or maybe she could use her hair to disarm any traps and replace them with a charged tile? Not only is that further synergy with Black Bolt, but she'd be the first character to actively counter those annoying traps! (Caltrops, anyone?)

And, as Stochasticism has already suggested, let's make her Red/Black/Purple...!

icon_e_smile.gif
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Koffitok wrote:
    No doubt she'll have a stun skill...because that's obvious.
    I think you're thinking of the wrong Medusa...

No they'll just say "Medusa wraps someone uyp in her hair and stuns them for 2 turns" or something. Because it's obvious =P
  • bcas76
    bcas76 Posts: 81 Match Maker
    I would like to see the full poll results, if the powers that be could be so kind. I agree Medusa was the obvious choice against America Chavez and Silk, who are still being fleshed out as characters, and Riri, who's barely even been introduced. Still, I wouldn't mind seeing the vote numbers.

And for the love of God, please don't have her wearing a mask. When is the last time she's worn a mask in a comic? Why would she? She's a queen, and has really long hair that moves. What secret identity could she possibly have or hide?
  • Peej13
    Peej13 Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    She was the only non-iron man/spiderman/captain america variant. I don't see how we wouldn't want another variant of one of those...
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    I don't know how many times people have to say that America Chavez isn't a Captain America variant for people to figure it out.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    fmftint wrote:
    I hilariously don't even remember who the other 3 possible choices were icon_e_biggrin.gif

But, this is awesome news -- she's been a major player in the comics for years now. Looking forward to finally having some Inhumans in the game! (And I hope the newly redesigned Karnak is the third!)
    America Chavez (Ms America), Silk, Riri Williams (girl Ironman)

Those...actually aren't that bad. I'm most familiar with Medusa's story so I would have gone with her anyway, but I like the character designs of the other 3.

BTW Medusa would be the 3rd Inhuman. Kamala was the first icon_e_biggrin.gif

Don't forget Quake. By my count, that's four: Kamala Khan, Quake, Black Bolt (upcoming) and Medusa (upcoming).
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't know how many times people have to say that America Chavez isn't a Captain America variant for people to figure it out.

Probably at least as many times as you need to say that Spider-Woman isn't a Spider-Man variant.

As for the poll, well, I'm glad to see that common sense won the day - Medusa was the only logical choice. I am curious as to whether she ends up joining MPQ as a 4* or 5*, and if she has Fantastic Four as one of the affiliations in her bio.
  • fnedude
    fnedude Posts: 383 Mover and Shaker
    So if Blackbolt and Medusa are the new heroes incoming....

Can we get some of their opponents added too? There aren't enough "bad guys" in the game. I know nothing of their opponents, but something new (as in enemy team/alliance/group) would be a good think in my opinion....
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    fnedude wrote:
    So if Blackbolt and Medusa are the new heroes incoming....

Can we get some of their opponents added too? There aren't enough "bad guys" in the game. I know nothing of their opponents, but something new (as in enemy team/alliance/group) would be a good think in my opinion....

Maximus would be SWEET!
  • Wolarsen
    Wolarsen Posts: 326 Mover and Shaker
    Ronan the accuser! Gray character between villain and hero, related to a lot of current characters (FF, Guardians of the galaxy, Nova, SSurfer, Inhumans, Avengers and XMen alike!!)
    Not too iconic, but perfect for a 5*