If MPQ started over, would you play? (Poll)

2»

Comments

• DTStump
    DTStump Posts: 273 Mover and Shaker
    Yes, I would. I like building and collecting stuff.

And I do realize that one day I will abandon the roster I have been building for one year. And then I will find another game like this one and spend hours and hours collecting more useless things.

If I could have it back
    All of the time we wasted
    I would only waste it again
    Waste it again and again and again
  • IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    The only way I would start over is if I got back all the iso/hp that I've bought since January of 2014. The 2+ years is no big deal. I've enjoyed playing, so I consider it time well spent. But I've spent enough $$ to buy a nice new car. To have to slowly re-level everyone and repurchase my 137 roster slots would be very unpleasant. If I got to start with all that iso/hp again, then yeah, starting over would be kind of interesting.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    No. While I do think the scenario is interesting losing the value of both time and money I've invested into my roster would be painful (and I'm only 145 days in, I can't imagine how the 900+ would feel...). I would be interested in creating a second alternate universe roster where we all were granted a second roster to start from scratch if we wished. However if they did this I would want it to be f2p only in the alternate universe so we were all on level ground and no one was wasting money on an alternate roster.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,233 Chairperson of the Boards
    Taking away my sunk cost fallacy would be a good way to get me to move on.
    This is my answer. And my sunk cost is only... $30? $50? The poster a couple spots above me says he spent enough for a car. I just can't grasp that. Anyway. The game is extremely stale, has grown way past its design parameters, and seems to be just limping along while spitting out 4* & 5* to drive token sales, i.e. encourage compulsive-gambling behaviour. Future Fight lures me more & more away from MPQ every day now.
  • Ulizeus
    Ulizeus Posts: 35
    When games have "money" involved this will rarelly happen, Heartstone in the beta phase did this, every rest they gave back the value of the money already expended, or that's what they said, I still have 1 card that I got back in the open beta, dunno if there was a reset after that but if your are going to reset (they already have a seasson kinda thing, but your rooster did not reset, only your rank) they need to give value back to all those people that already bought stuff.

Other games have "leagues", 1 that always reset and another 1 that gets everything transfered when the first resets, that way you don't feel like a big loose and keep the challenge at the same level for everyone, but this games usually need several hour of play per day, cel games are designed to be played on your free time, brake from job, somewhere between your home and your destination, etc.

Anyway, I really don't know, maybe I will play another game because I already know the it will take a lot of time to build my rooster again, games that reset have a faster rate to level, build or grow, that way you can play 1 month to have lots of leveled chars and feel OP again, they will need to change that too, right now ISO hunger is the big problem.

Edit: I say no if the game is slow; if they make it go faster on leveling and cover revenue, you can skip any seasons as you like if you feel tired and get back and play again whenever you want when a seasson starts.
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nope. I'm already on the fence about quitting, and while this game is fun and all I wouldn't want to start over. Now if there were an MPQ2 coming out, that's a different story. But I wouldn't want to get into this again, knowing where it's heading...or isn't heading, depending on your attitude.
  • I would love to know why this is a question they are asking us.

Aside from that, the WWE card game did something similar to this. Not a hard reset, but made a variation of the game that you gradually moved into. Converting your old cards to new ones. After everything was said and done, I dropped the game. Fix what is stale. Install a couple new ideas to tie to a stick like a carrot so we can chase them around. But do not make us start over. In the end I think it will piss off more people than please.
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would love to know why this is a question they are asking us.

"They" aren't asking us anything at all. It's a question from another player.

Silly goose.