Increase in PVE difficulty to try to stop us farming 2*s?

2»

Comments

• TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    TxMoose wrote:
    the 3-muscle node nearly requires jean/switch. 3* players would have to go with cap-40 or cap-mnmags or something and that would almost guaranteed take to long to get rolling. threaten is a 3AP power. that is just so broken for what it is. that means they start turn 2 and you'll get a yellow cd every. single. turn. if you can't do something very fast, any resolve that results in a match kills you.

I lucked into a combo that has been working well in the 2* HT Essential and the all Muscle goon nodes. I am running IM40 with Ant-Man. Requires a couple of early yellow matches, but once IM40 Recharge goes off you have enough to run Ant-Man blue. Than just steal the strike tiles that the Muscles are putting out. I have gotten to the point that after Small Time Crooks is out I try to NOT match the Muscle's yellow tiles so I can steal more strikes. In one round, I had a few purple Pym tiles out as well and was doing almost 5K damage a turn off them.

If you have a decent Ant-Man, you might give it a try.

Croaker.
    yeah, that combo is really great if you can time it right and keep the blue cds at bay. only problem is if a blue cd gets tucked in a corner or if the board starts really dry of yellow (been getting a lot of that lately). when antman works, there's little in the game that is more fun/satisfying. GR in ultron is right there too.
  • dsds
    dsds Posts: 526
    TxMoose wrote:
    TxMoose wrote:
    the 3-muscle node nearly requires jean/switch. 3* players would have to go with cap-40 or cap-mnmags or something and that would almost guaranteed take to long to get rolling. threaten is a 3AP power. that is just so broken for what it is. that means they start turn 2 and you'll get a yellow cd every. single. turn. if you can't do something very fast, any resolve that results in a match kills you.

I lucked into a combo that has been working well in the 2* HT Essential and the all Muscle goon nodes. I am running IM40 with Ant-Man. Requires a couple of early yellow matches, but once IM40 Recharge goes off you have enough to run Ant-Man blue. Than just steal the strike tiles that the Muscles are putting out. I have gotten to the point that after Small Time Crooks is out I try to NOT match the Muscle's yellow tiles so I can steal more strikes. In one round, I had a few purple Pym tiles out as well and was doing almost 5K damage a turn off them.

If you have a decent Ant-Man, you might give it a try.

Croaker.
    yeah, that combo is really great if you can time it right and keep the blue cds at bay. only problem is if a blue cd gets tucked in a corner or if the board starts really dry of yellow (been getting a lot of that lately). when antman works, there's little in the game that is more fun/satisfying. GR in ultron is right there too.

Unfortunately that happens a lot. But I just retreat before the cds go off. When I see that there are 2 yellow and 1 blue cd that are going to go off in the next 2-3 turns and there's no chance of me matching or getting enough ap to get a power off. I just retreat and try again. Even if my guys lose some health, I will still use the same guys without health packs and try again. The good thing about goons is that you don't need to face them at full health. It's either you wipe, retreat, or beat them with most of your guys untouched.