Comments

• Jacklag
    Jacklag Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Is this thread closed?
  • Jacklag
    Options
    It appears not. Any new information regarding MMR? I had a really hard time when I championed my 3* IM40 and Strange to lvls 167-168 while the rest of my roster was still lurking around lvl 120. Damn, that was a tough mounth. But as the rest of my roster leveled, PvP became fun again.

Now I'm slowly entering 4* land with Captains Worthty and Marvel at around level 190, while dreading the day I'll be forced to roster Hela (1/4/2), Gladiathor(3/0/0) and BRB(0/1/4), which I got from the Worthy Challenger vault, all at level 255, at least.
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,194 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2019
    Options
    @Jacklag
    This thread wasn't closed, but it's considered "necro'd".  Basically if something is dormant for a  month or so, just leave it be and start a new thread.  Exceptions to this are character specific discussions and other things like that.

To answer your question though, MMR is roughly the avg of your top 3 characters, including the weekly boosts.  If you pulled those 3 5* characters, you have to roster them or lose the covers in two weeks. MMR also takes into account undercovered/underleveled characters (so, don't level up your 5*...)

If you need any more help/advice/etc., post in the subforum "MPQ Tips and Guides -> Roster and Level Help".  Read some of the threads and you might see something that mirrors your current roster state.  If you do post, just be sure you post what your roster looks like and what you want to know. 
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Matchmaking Rating on MPQ is not the best...
    For anyone still ineterested,
    From my observations, it scales based on solely on the strength of your roster, yet (this is theimporant bit) does not scale to your opponents roster.
    So you only see teams based on the strength on your top characters. The teams you get matched up against will be of a similar level to the those characters. So you won't get matched with anyone else using weaker teams even if their roster strength is the same - this situation is unlikely however as they would see the same opponents making the use of lower level characters very difficult.

This is why PvP can become quite tedious and detrimental to your enjoyment of the game.  You can have hundreds of characters on your roster but you're basically forced to use only a handful.  It's a shame, especially considering the rate at which they release new characters - which essentially will never get used.
    There's pretty minimal chance they're going to adjust the formula for PvP MMR though so our rosters will just forever be collecting "trophies" or for whenever they're required for PvE. 
  • Jacklag
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Thanks for your responses. Just one more thing before we are done here. Are we absolutely sure that weekly boosts are added to your character's level to calculate MMR? Because I don't feel that the enemy teams become any stronger when one of my top 3 is boosted. What seems to make it tougher is that fact that one of my top 3 is boosted, every other player is using the same team as I.
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The boosts do not affect MMR, the rating is based on their base level from your roster. 
  • Jacklag
    Options
    Thank you.