PvE Ranking under new system

2»

Comments

• revskip
    revskip Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    I play slice 5 (2am EST) since it allows me to do all of my clears after getting home from work and just before bed. I almost always wait to sign up until noon the day the event starts which allows me to not worry about healthpacks on my final grind in the preceding PVE event. After I sign up I try to hit the 4 clears pretty quickly and then go back to finish whatever grinding I am going to do at around 12:30-1am.

I usually shoot for 5 clears of board movers on the hard and hardest nodes, 6 clears on the 4* essential and 7 clears on any other node or if a node is just goons. If a node is particularly painful and might eat up healthpacks sometimes I won't wait for the end time grind and hit it earlier in the afternoon or evening to give my healthpacks a chance to recharge, especially if it is a node that drops 250+ ISO. On two day subs I do 4 clears of every node day 1, then hit it once on day 2 when the timer reset and finally hit it the final two times at around 12pm. Two day subs are the only ones I take to check marks everywhere.

I have not finished outside the top 20 doing this.
  • DTStump
    DTStump Posts: 273 Mover and Shaker
    You can divide players into two categories: those who couldn't take advantage of the timing requirements of the old PvE style, for whatever reason, and those who could.

You can still divide into two categories: those who can't take advantage of the timing requirements of the new PvE style, for whatever reason, and those who can.

Certainly true, but it's pretty trivial to look at scoreboards and see that the number of people interested in placing who are now able to compete for it is much larger, which is a good thing, and not a bad thing.

I disagree. The number of people able to make top 50 will always be exactly 50. What has changed now is that everybody (top 10, 50, 100, 200...) has to work more for it.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    slice :1 (sometimes 5 for new releases)

Fresh or prejoin? Sometimes I'll prejoin sometimes I'll wait for a flip or two.

Previous experience: Consistently a t10 pve player over the last 6 months.

Tactics: as the old system is gone there's no use debating my new tactics vs old so here's what I do now.
    Do 4 clears randomly throughout the day. Come back next day and do 2 more without waiting for points to refresh. Do not grind.

Results : 9th in Meet Rocket and Groot
    Currently 31st in Thick as Thieves

*note : as I only need iso and cp from thick as thieves I have only done 4 clears per sub and will not do more than that.
  • loslupus77
    loslupus77 Posts: 38 Just Dropped In
    As expected more playing is needed for same rewards. In the old system I cleared all nodes (full points) and played cp-nodes in the end until I got cp. That got me to top 50, maybe even to top 20. This was in slice 1 after two or three flips. Now it would get me nowhere. Even clearing all nodes 4 times won't get me top100 as everyone doing that will have exactly same points no matter when they played.

So I have played hardest and 4-star essential nodes 6 times and easy nodes maybe one or two times extra on top of that 4 clears. Other hard and essential (well, currently they are basically the same as hard nodes). Doing extra clears on harder nodes just isn't worth the time, trouble or health packs when I know that reward is either 100 or standard token.

Now is the time to pull the plug on placement on PVE. I don't know how long I have the motivation to put in the extra effort when I get no reward for it (compared to previous system). At least give a 500 or 1000 iso for every x thousand points earned after 25 cp award, so there would some incentive to continue playing after it.