My maxed champion 2*s still sell for 17500 ISO

juff
juff Posts: 4
edited February 2017 in MPQ Bugs and Technical Issues
My maxed champion 2*s are still selling for the pre-buffed price of 17.5k instead of 65k. It's not just a display bug; I've tried selling one already.

I've already written in to support and they said they'll compensate me the difference, and to write in every time I want to sell another 2*. Still, I think it's an issue worth reporting.

Edit: just to update support gave me the 47.5k ISO. It took a couple of days, but I assume that's just the weekend.

Comments

• I just noticed this too on a Storm I had ready to sell.

Is it maybe the second time you try to sell a fully championed character? I'll know for sure when my Daken is up for grabs again.

CW.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    One of my Alliance buddies mentioned this issue too. He had contacted CS and they said nothing was wrong, so I guess they have acknowledged the issue now...
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    Weird, you can definitely resell and farm out 2*s again and again for the correct 65000 price (or whatever it is) as I've done it a few times now.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    madsalad wrote:
    Weird, you can definitely resell and farm out 2*s again and again for the correct 65000 price (or whatever it is) as I've done it a few times now.

I have too for some characters, but now my Thor is maxed again and I can only sell him for 17,500.

So the OP is from months ago and I've never had any problems until now. How the heck did they break this again? So weird.
  • Orion
    Actually, he's only selling for 17,400 which is the same as a level 143 character would sell for. So the game isn't recognizing that last level.
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    Today i sold 144 level Moonstone for 2nd time and i got 65K ISO as before.
  • Orion
    veny wrote:
    Today i sold 144 level Moonstone for 2nd time and i got 65K ISO as before.

I have 2 level 144 characters right now. Storm will sell for 65000 ISO and 125 HP, but Thor will sell for 17400 ISO and 100 HP.
  • Orion
    Still no resolution on the ticket I sent in for this last week. At least it only seems to be affecting Thor. I sold Storm for 65k and now I have Hawkeye at 144 and he'll sell for 65k. But Thor is also 144 and he will sell for only 17400 ISO.
  • spghttihead
    spghttihead Posts: 74 Match Maker
    I have an OBW that is only showing as 17.5k. I put in a ticket today.
  • spghttihead
    spghttihead Posts: 74 Match Maker
    Anyone hear back from CS on this? I still haven't and I've got two more 2*s close to max. Hoping to sell them (for the correct price)
  • trat73
    trat73 Posts: 79 Match Maker
    Looks like this is still an issue for some 2*'s. Is the bug back or has it never gone away?
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    It doesn't seem particular to any one or set of 2*s. Some people report getting the reduced sale price, while others get the full value. I haven't seen anything indicating a fix is coming soon. Customer Service will send you the difference if you send them screenshots of the problem before you sell the character. I haven't had to do this yet, so I would urge anyone going this route to follow the instructions you get from CS carefully.
  • Ayasugi-san
    Ayasugi-san Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    I've got that problem now, too, after the last several 2 star.png s all sold for the correct amounts. How do we contact CS correctly? Is there a way to do it in-game that'll also let you send a screenshot?
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just champed Torch tonight, and noticed the same price was way lower than it should be. Only 17,400 ISO.

Screenshot_20161207_225506.png

Compare to Storm, who I've had champed for a while, art 65,000 ISO.
    Screenshot_20161207_225516.png
  • firethorne
    Wait, this bug has been around since JULY and it still isn't fixed?!

icon_eek.gif
  • BlackSheep101
    It doesn't happen every time to every person. Might be they're having trouble identifying the root cause.
  • firethorne
    It doesn't happen every time to every person. Might be they're having trouble identifying the root cause.

Honestly, I find that equally troubling from the perspective of how this thing must have been designed. If we have different results across different players and their characters, it would almost have to mean that the selling prices aren't coming from one database table or one specific function in the code, but are being stored separately for each character each person has. That sounds needlessly complicated.
  • BlackSheep101
    It does, and while I often like to speculate about the underlying causes of problems, I'm really at a loss for this one. Why there would ever be multiple options for something like this is beyond me.
  • hopper1979
    hopper1979 Posts: 565 Critical Contributor
    Just championed somebody a few minutes ago only going for 17500, I think I will wait until it is fixed
  • BlackSheep101
    If you open a support ticket and provide them with screenshots, they will tell you to sell the character and provide you with the missing currency.