Special Comic-Con vault

2»

Comments

• simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    This vault is "awesome" just like ramped-up scaling is "fun"
  • djrdjr
    djrdjr Posts: 41 Just Dropped In
    Extra vault is extra vault. Was #1 last year?
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bought the 10-pack on a whim. Got two 1000s, two 500s, a Drax and some 2*s. Worth it overall, I think.
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    I got 2500 iso with my free token and bought one more to see if I could get the Drax cover for almost nothing, Ended up with a 2* and called it a day. Trying to get Doom and Squirrel Girl championed within 11 days so every little bit helps.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    It annoys me to no end that some accounts get more free tokens than others.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was in an iso crunch and thought, sure, I'll just buy out the vault since I could actually use many of the covers.

Then the free one arrived.

I can't use it. It just sits there mocking me for all time because I can never redeem it. This bothers me.
  • gravel
    gravel Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    I bought enough to get Drax, which ended up being 14 pulls, so 13 tokens. I appreciate the vault, and hope they continue to do them in the future. If you don't like them, you don't have to buy tokens, and you could even appreciate the free ones they give out.
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    pheregas wrote:
    I was in an iso crunch and thought, sure, I'll just buy out the vault since I could actually use many of the covers.

I can't use it. It just sits there mocking me for all time because I can never redeem it. This bothers me.

If you wait until the vault ends, you should be able to redeem it as a pull off of a fresh vault.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm not all that impressed with this one, I could use the SL yellowflag.png , and the Drax redflag.png , and add champ levels to my Groot, but I know with my luck, I'd pull all the star.pngstar.png and just end up pissed.

I need my HP for roster slots since we have 3 more characters just announced, and nowhere to put them. I don't even have room for the new 5* Hulk, or the 5* Cap either.

Holding off on pulling any LT's until I finish max leveling my max covered 4* so I don't waste any extra covers.

I do hope they continue these small vaults, I did spend on the Captain America one, pulled a 10 pack and got Peggy (before I realized it was the same price as pulling individually and I could have pulled one at a time and probably spent less since she came up on the 3rd pull of the 10... doh!).

One of them will interest me. Maybe an X-Men themed vault?
  • Tilesmasher
    Tilesmasher Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    pheregas wrote:

If you wait until the vault ends, you should be able to redeem it as a pull off of a fresh vault.

I did the same thing, I still have a free token, no fresh vault (or any vault) to use it in.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    pheregas wrote:

I did the same thing, I still have a free token, no fresh vault (or any vault) to use it in.

The vault timer hasn't ended yet. Mine shows 1d 7h remaining. Check again after that.
  • Kevin61
    Kevin61 Posts: 256 Mover and Shaker
    Yeah, this vault pretty much sucks. Although for my free vault token, I got a Heroic token which in turn gave me X-Force Deadpool red!! Won't be buying any other tokens from that vault.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    This vault is objectively very bad, it is a pity because Peggy's vault on the other hand was quite good. But this time around they raised the number of covers and the price to buy the vault, and I think this was a big mistake. Even with a Drax cover, if it was 2500HP for buying a 21 element vault it would have been much much better, and I would have done it for the iso.

Of course, Starlord being super low tier, and Drax being mid tier doesnt help to get anybody excited for this vault...
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    Polares wrote:
    This vault is objectively very bad, it is a pity because Peggy's vault on the other hand was quite good. But this time around they raised the number of covers and the price to buy the vault, and I think this was a big mistake. Even with a Drax cover, if it was 2500HP for buying a 21 element vault it would have been much much better, and I would have done it for the iso.

Of course, Starlord being super low tier, and Drax being mid tier doesnt help to get anybody excited for this vault...

Why is it objecively bad? Its a Guardian of the Galaxy vault who did you expect to be in there Iron Man 46?

I guess my confusion is whether the next
    Spider vault
    Thor Vault
    IM Vault
    Hulk Vault
    Fantastic Four vault
    Avengers Vault
    Xmen Vault
    Thor Vault
    Defenders vault.
    All new Xmen vault.
    All new teen avengers vault
    Shield vault

will also be **** because not all players have all those covers?
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    I did hear back from CS yesterday that a legacy vault would be spawned. I get a 1/80 chance of a StarLord! (but I'll just be happy with some more iso. Nova is hungry for it!)
  • irwando
    irwando Posts: 263 Mover and Shaker
    Phumade wrote:
    Why is it objecively bad? Its a Guardian of the Galaxy vault who did you expect to be in there Iron Man 46?

I guess my confusion is whether the next
    Spider vault
    Thor Vault
    IM Vault
    Hulk Vault
    Fantastic Four vault
    Avengers Vault
    Xmen Vault
    Thor Vault
    Defenders vault.
    All new Xmen vault.
    All new teen avengers vault
    Shield vault

will also be **** because not all players have all those covers?

GotG characters, unfortunately, tend toward the mid-low tier of play so none are highly desirable. Gamora/SL/R&G have been out for a long time and many of us already have them max'd and are not characters we'd generally invest in heavily. Drax is relatively new so lots of folks need him, but there was only a single cover. They could have improved this by:

- More Drax Covers
    - Add a Legendary Token
    - Up the ISO you could receive
    - Special GotG tokens that favor 3/4* tier over hte Heroics which are likely to provide 2*

Other vaults will be highly dependent on the characters. An IM vault could provide 3/4/5(?)* Ironman who are all top tier characters. A Spider-man vault, unless it provided 5* Spidey, would probably rank close to the GotG one on usefulness. Fantastic Four would probably be awful given The Thing is really the only desirable one.

If you want to spend on the vault go for it, but anyone who has already filled out most/all of a 3* roster had very little to look forward to here.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    I understand the use of the name "Totally Awesome Vault Volume 2" because of the mixed tape from the movie.

But the mixed tape was pretty awesome. These characters are adequate. By all means include them in the vault since it is GotG themed... but add the other items that would make it truly Awesome. Add a couple High Tier 4* covers, add an LT, Add 10K iso.

They have a bunch of 2* that are not GotG, why not add some non GotG 4*'s to actually make it awesome?

I think people have a problem with it being called Awesome, while not really being awesome, and also more expensive than the last vault... for less awesome stuff.

Hopefully they won't have an "Incredible Vault" and have 5 Cho covers in it and a bunch of 2*'s and overpriced tokens with no other way to earn the tokens except a free token (maybe) and buying with HP.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    irwando wrote:

- More Drax Covers
    - Add a Legendary Token
    - Up the ISO you could receive
    - Special GotG tokens that favor 3/4* tier over hte Heroics which are likely to provide 2*

Other vaults will be highly dependent on the characters. An IM vault could provide 3/4/5(?)* Ironman who are all top tier characters. A Spider-man vault, unless it provided 5* Spidey, would probably rank close to the GotG one on usefulness. Fantastic Four would probably be awful given The Thing is really the only desirable one.

If you want to spend on the vault go for it, but anyone who has already filled out most/all of a 3* roster had very little to look forward to here.

I'm not really gonna argue the point on the drax and LT covers. At some level, they've predetermined that their will be 2 4*, Y 3*, Z 2* and a sampling of iso.

However, I am gonna ask where would these GotG tokens drop from?
    --- In these special vaults, they set the precedent that they give you 1 free token and the rest have to be bought.

Significantly, I would argue that the most advanced rosters are the ones who benefit the most from this style vault. Spefically, there is a rather significant portion who have 90% of the 3* champed and all 2* recycling on the champ train.

For those players, this was the easiest iso ever earned. In my situation, the 2* covers recylced 2 two star champs.

My Gamorra and groot were already 200+ so their champ levels took advantage of the fact that the champion level loot begins to scale after 50 covers. (i.e. I got a lt 5k iso, and 6cp out of 6 3* covers)

I'm happy to to 4k hp for these vaults all day long, because I'm easily seeing a 2x multiple on return irregardless of its actual theme composition