does anyone else find themselves skipping some 1k rewards?

2»

Comments

• mckauhu
    mckauhu Posts: 740 Critical Contributor
    Yep, I skip them all until I have strong enough roster for it
  • Druss
    Druss Posts: 368 Mover and Shaker
    very rarely hit 1000 - i have the roster to do it (12 champed 4*) but find the time required too much of a drag.

Last couple of seasons I start a PvP with 40 mins to go then rush (well un-rush - never boost or use Health packs) to 700 odd. I skip some PvP's altogether as I just cant be bothered.

Normally need to add 1000 ish on last couple of days via shield just to get the 10 pack (dont know why I bother - last 5 10 packs have had 5 x 3* & 45 x 2*)
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've "skipped" all of them. I think the highest I've ever gotten in PvP is 650. I earn my 4* covers the old-fashioned way - by grinding PvE for CP until I hate the game and downshift to DDQ-only for several months. Like the settlers did.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    at the end of the previous season, and the start of the last, i was regularly hitting 1000. but didn't hit 1000 from the middle to end of last season.

not sure what changed, but the end of my main jump ended up going from 900-950, down to 800-850. the last 2 events it's been 700-750. i can't jump from 800-1000 without getting hit multiple times, let alone 700...

playing vortex, i started hitting unbeatable teams at 450.

i thought i had 'gotten over the hump' so to speak, but regressed somehow/things changed in matchmaking.
  • The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    I do, and it's usually great because then I just play to 800 and call it a game. I only push to 1300 if I went for 1K in the first place. Slows progress but saves HP and hair.
  • The Herald
    The Herald Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    No Champion, or even fully covered, 4*s.

No Old Man Logan.

I aim for 300. That's about it icon_neutral.gif

I can get badly maimed for daring to creep over 500 so 1000 is pretty much off the table.

I'm meandering my way to all 3* Champions before trying to make the transition. It keeps me engaged (as opposed to frustrated) and will eventually lead to the point where every cover I'm likely to see on a daily basis is working towards something.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've been skipping more and more. Even the ones I actually wanted like nova black and pun blue I would start climbing and get bored around 650-800 and go do something else.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,233 Chairperson of the Boards
    The Herald wrote:
    No Champion, or even fully covered, 4*s.

No Old Man Logan.

I aim for 300. That's about it icon_neutral.gif

I can get badly maimed for daring to creep over 500 so 1000 is pretty much off the table.
    I'm in the same boat. No 13-cover 4*, only two 5* covers total. I used to aim for 575, sometimes 725, but lately I tend to throw in the towel at 400. The matchmaking is awful, quite bluntly. I've tried slice 4, I've tried whatever slice I choose. Each event goes straight from "3 seeds" (sometimes!) to "champed 3* or better". Some events, it's a bloodbath getting to 200 for me now.

And I've got 37 3* champs. PVP shouldn't be such a frustrating chore below 500 points or so for me now, but it is. I don't understand why and frankly I've largely stopped caring.
    I'm meandering my way to all 3* Champions before trying to make the transition. It keeps me engaged (as opposed to frustrated) and will eventually lead to the point where every cover I'm likely to see on a daily basis is working towards something.
    Yeah, but... it still takes more covers than you realize just to squeeze those first 4* covers out of the champion rewards. I've still only gotten 2 covers that way, and I've only got 2 more champions at level 182 (so that their next cover spits out the 4*). Too slow. Just too slow.

I'm kind of resigned to imminent retirement barring some wholesale change to speed up the 3* -> 4* transition. I'm just sticking around to see if I can get all 40 3* champed, I think.
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    I will be skipping the BoP Rulk 1k even though I would like it because I can't handle that kind of torture.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Are there any slices that are notably better for off season events? Or is it the same rule of thumb for season events?
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    Optimus & The Herald I'd love to take your accounts for a spin for a couple season PvPs to see what it would take to hit 1k or if I can.

I don't doubt your experiences or the issues you guys are having but I think a robust 3* roster should be able to hit 1k on a regular basis during season.

Reason I believe that, we've got a guy with underleveled 3*s hitting 700, 800 and even saw him at 900 with zero outside help. Some random guy we picked up. I also queue 70 point 'muffins" when I'm above 1k which are a 3* transitioners A team. Now those guys do use coordination and truces above 1k. However, to get to 1k coordination on queues doesn't help and that's solo.
  • The Herald
    The Herald Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    Optimus & The Herald I'd love to take your accounts for a spin for a couple season PvPs to see what it would take to hit 1k or if I can.

I don't doubt your experiences or the issues you guys are having but I think a robust 3* roster should be able to hit 1k on a regular basis during season.

Reason I believe that, we've got a guy with underleveled 3*s hitting 700, 800 and even saw him at 900 with zero outside help. Some random guy we picked up. I also queue 70 point 'muffins" when I'm above 1k which are a 3* transitioners A team. Now those guys do use coordination and truces above 1k. However, to get to 1k coordination on queues doesn't help and that's solo.

But how much of that comes down to the fact they're underlevelled?

600 used to be a really safe float point for me until.my roster got a bit better. I think myself and Optimus have drifted into the bottom of a competitive bracket, we're worth juicy amounts of points and keep popping up in people's radars but we have no game on defence.

As I've said in the poll, if I soar too close to the sun I Icarus damn hard thanks to server lag. I get chewed to bits for being a soft target before the system realises I'm an easy mark and stops paying out tempting points for me X_X
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,233 Chairperson of the Boards
    The Herald wrote:
    600 used to be a really safe float point for me until.my roster got a bit better. I think myself and Optimus have drifted into the bottom of a competitive bracket, we're worth juicy amounts of points and keep popping up in people's radars but we have no game on defence.
    Yeah, probably this. I've started seeing players sporting champion Rulks hitting me, for example. Nothing, and I mean nothing, that I have in the 3* realm is worth taking up against that guy. Even if I win, it's probably at the cost of 3 health packs, several minutes of time (lotta health to chew through on those 4* champs), and a spoonful of ISO is the only reward besides the points. Not worth it. Just not worth it.
  • CoffigDarkGravity
    CoffigDarkGravity Posts: 37 Just Dropped In
    I haven't missed any 1k rewards until this season, thanks to the devs new amazing crash the game instability difficulty setting that I seem to have been been blessed with.