Bag-Man has been dethroned

2»

Comments

• StevO-J
    StevO-J Posts: 751 Critical Contributor
    Calnexin wrote:
    StevO-J wrote:
    STOP ENEMIES GETTING FED FREE AP maybe...!? icon_e_surprised.gif

I really hate those nodes, but I also think it adds to the "puzzle" element of the game. There are tools to mitigate some of the more onerous mechanics. Your own personal roster and scaling can throw that totally out of whack, but feeders boosting characters seems more like a design mechanic than a cheat, to me. I don't see that as lazy programming, I see it as clever gaming (against the players).

If we're all exposed to it we all suffer the same difficulty. The people willing or able to craft a team that can take those nodes down deserve to rank higher than me.

I think I know what you mean, it doesn't strictly speaking have to lead to matches that are nearly impossible to win. And while this is theoretically true the fact of the matter is that when enemy (board moving) characters are given free AP each turn in their ability colors they almost always use it to speed up those abilities and NOT use it for the respective goon countdown abilities. Especially cheap abilities since the AI can save up AP for the more expensive moves, but has a % probability to use a cheaper ability while saving (when it has enough to fire the most expensive ability in a certain color it will always use that most expensive one). So while stealing or other things could in theory add a certain puzzle element indeed it unfortunately doesn't work that way in practice (in my personal experience).

And get enough games where you get a Debilitating/Adamantium Slash every 2-3 turns, or Infiltration every 1-2 turns (just to name a few) and you tend to get very sick and tired of this mechanic very quickly... just saying. icon_rolleyes.gif
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    I can't believe you guys are missing this. First it was Yelena leaving tokens. Now it's Venom getting a nerf from out of the blue.

It's a run-up to the ultimate nerf: MBW.

And then, life will suck a lot more.