event report: R&G

2»

Comments

• OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanks for all the extra input, in particular the poster who said they followed same method as me in slice 4.

What I've learned then is that using this method you could perhaps secure t10 in s1.

For finality I finished 9th in s1 with a final score of 66,702

I did not grind any sub at all.

Sub 1 - cleared all nodes apart from 1 6 times. No grind

Sub 2 - cleared all nodes 7 times. No grind

Sub 3 - cleared all nodes 6 times except 2 (which were both cleared 5) no grind.

All clears were sub optimal.

Was it lucky slice? Maybe. I'd be interested for people to provide t10 cut off score for their slices so I can see where my score might have finished in a other "more difficult " slice.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    s5v here. In sub 2 I hit every node 4 times early on the first day, once more 24 hours later, and 4 more times near the end. I also ground down the trivials to 1 point. I was 3rd with 2.5 hours to go and had to go to bed. Woke up to learn I had finished in the top 50. Yay!

If you're seriously finishing top 10 every sub just by taking things to 7/7 and playing whenever, I need to try s1. I bailed on s4 when going 7/7 barely got me into the top 100.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2016
    I didn't do barely any of the first sub, then I did some of the second sub, some of the third sub and realized I was actually decently close to hitting 25 cp, so I did a bit of a push and made it... won a token_legendary.png ! ( icon_silversurfer.png )

I have to say, hitting top progression isn't too terrible.

I may even need to give some begrudging icon_e_biggrin.gif to the devs icon_lol.gif Go team!
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    mpqr7 wrote:
    If the 25CP target had always been set this low, there would've been way fewer people complaining about timers in the first place.
  • DTStump
    DTStump Posts: 273 Mover and Shaker
    simonsez wrote:
    mpqr7 wrote:
    If the 25CP target had always been set this low, there would've been way fewer people complaining about timers in the first place.

Precisely. People are associating the new system with the exceptionally low 25CP target and assuming the new system makes it easier to make top progression.

I sincerely hope this lowered 25CP point target is a part of the set of changes in the PvE system, but for some reason I remain skeptical...
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,299 Chairperson of the Boards
    Here is my issue:

I did 4 full clears in sub 1 (may have done 1 extra clear in for trivials too)
    I did 6 full clears in sub 2 (not all were optimal)
    I did 4 full clears in sub 3 (cleared trivial nodes 2 extra times)

I cleared all of the repeatable nodes in the event (not optimally of course)

This morning with a little over 3 hours left, I was rank 84 and will certainly fall out of the top 100.

I used to easily hit top 100 in the old format and sometime top 50 with 3 full clears and no grinding. I played more in this new format for less placement and sub-event rewards.
  • OneLastGambit
    During reading the feedback from my personal test I've seen the same point made by people repeatedly...

If it's possible that I caught a lucky slice in this first test isn't it also possible that others caught an unlucky one?

Secondly people say they placed better in old system, isn't it also possible again that you were simply unlucky this time?

After checking scores from other slices I can concede that s1 is a little less competitive than other slices however my score (playing lazily) would still make t50 in the other slices (3,4,5) that I checked, I'd still say that's pretty good since the last time I played lazy in the old system I finished 251st
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Maybe you were unlucky when you played under the old system?
  • OneLastGambit
    Maybe you were unlucky when you played under the old system?

That could also true on that occasion when I played lazy.

I've been a t10 player for about 4 or 5 months. The amount of effort that went into becoming and maintaining a t10 pve player is pretty insane, I dunno how t2 does it. This first event in New system has been far far less work for me than all previous pve. If it was just luck and in the next one I'll be getting t250 with max progression +50% like other people are saying then I'll be happy to admit defeat say I was wrong and quit competitive pve...I suspect however that won't be the case
  • thanos8587
    thanos8587 Posts: 653
    OJSP wrote:
    I've been a t10 player for about 4 or 5 months. The amount of effort that went into becoming and maintaining a t10 pve player is pretty insane, I dunno how t2 does it. This first event in New system has been far far less work for me than all previous pve. If it was just luck and in the next one I'll be getting t250 with max progression +50% like other people are saying then I'll be happy to admit defeat say I was wrong and quit competitive pve...I suspect however that won't be the case
    The irony is.. if most players quit, then it would become relatively even easier to place in events..

maybe. each bracket would still be 1000 people, there would just be fewer filled brackets.
  • Lopan15
    Lopan15 Posts: 225 Tile Toppler
    Slice 2. 73343 pts finished 7th. Top spot had over 75k. Missed top 5 by less than 500 pts. Had to final grind the 48 hr sub 4 hours early (got called into work) so I'm sure I could have top fived if I could have hit that grind with a little more optimal timing. There was no way to make those points up even grinding the 1 pt a lot.
  • Ulizeus
    Ulizeus Posts: 35
    edited July 2016
    S5 just finished, got 60k points, placed 33 so your slice was a lot easier than mine (you said that you didn't miss any required char so), no xfdp or I should ranked top 10 for sure.

Dunno whats better, play 3-5 hours with the sub event between that grind (4 clears at the start of each sub and 4 before sub ends) or playing each 8 hours (I placed a lot better on this system by the way, easy top 20) and with a lower scalling maybe the clears would been faster.

Anyway, the only good thing is that you get your precious faster, you stop if your health packs run out and try a couple of hours after with almost not losing points, if you are able to play 2-3 hours non-stop then you can easily hit max prog or go 2-3 clears at the start and go for one last clear anytime, but top20 is a little far if you miss any essential wich it's not the case on the old system due to easier brackets on later days.
    Unless they lowered a lot the cp progression then everyone will get his/her shinies.

Edit: Another good thing is that you have 12-14 hours free to do whatever you want icon_razz.gif, like sleeping more for example icon_e_biggrin.gif or not worry that you need to save hp for that pvp climb (not the case now with Ultron up by the way).

Edit2: Just read that you got 66k, and I was in the same bracket that revskip so kinda low for your rank.
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Slice 5 cutoff for top 10 was 70695 in my bracket. I played not at all optimally partially because of Ultron running concurrently and needing healthpacks for that event more than this one and partially because I got out of work a little too late to finish my sub 2 grind and ended #23 with 62620. If I had been able to finish my sub 2 grind I was strongly considering doing an optimal round 3 to try and hit top 10 since up until then I was on pace for it despite only clearing the Jugs/Muscle/Muscle node in sub 1 four times.

Basically playing a little less optimally than I usually would in the old system with a couple of nodes not being fully cleared got me slightly better placement than usual. Of course this is just one of many brackets and YMMV but was about what I expected.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    DTStump wrote:
    simonsez wrote:
    mpqr7 wrote:

Precisely. People are associating the new system with the exceptionally low 25CP target and assuming the new system makes it easier to make top progression.

I sincerely hope this lowered 25CP point target is a part of the set of changes in the PvE system, but for some reason I remain skeptical...

EXACTLY.

Progression for this event has been always very easy to get (maybe because first sub is usually very hard), so people has the wrong impression that the new system is much better because with just three clears and 6 or 7 for the easy nodes you can easily get the progression in this event. Everything is going to be much much 'fun' when we have one of those Heroics where you need to do 4-5 clears to get the progression (extra difficulty, limited roster, high progression levels? This is going to be SUPER FUN)
    During reading the feedback from my personal test I've seen the same point made by people repeatedly...

If it's possible that I caught a lucky slice in this first test isn't it also possible that others caught an unlucky one?

Secondly people say they placed better in old system, isn't it also possible again that you were simply unlucky this time?

After checking scores from other slices I can concede that s1 is a little less competitive than other slices however my score (playing lazily) would still make t50 in the other slices (3,4,5) that I checked, I'd still say that's pretty good since the last time I played lazy in the old system I finished 251st

I had almost your same score(66k+) in S3 and I finished 33, top10 cut off was 73k. So for now, this is more or less the same position than in the old system. We will see next week with the new release.