VIP ended..what is the verdict?

jdoe893
jdoe893 Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
edited July 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
tried but it seems like the reward should get a rework since ddq also get a rework on the rewards

all in all it was quite worthy but not that worthy,until the devs change the reward i will be keeping my ten bucks

and my two cents

Comments

• OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Depends on your position really

Do you need covers?

Yes? Then it's a pretty good deal
    No? Not a pretty good deal.

If you answered yes then after a month or 2 of VIP you'll be joining the rest of the mpqniverse in the land of depleted iso stocks and then you'll be changing that answer to no.

I need iso, I've cover maxed a lot of good 4* but I have nowhere near enough iso to level even 2 of them. So the VIP deal doesn't really help players like me, an extra 10k is nothing to a 4* or above player. Change it to 100k and I'm very likely to buy again
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Not worth it.

Iso is not enough (this is the worst one, just 10k iso in a month is ... well, like a bad joke), HP is negligible, CP is also not enough. Just the two LTs are the only thing worth it.

Oh I almost forget, the faster regen? IF I almost forget it is because I didn't notice AT ALL it was there. It is totally useless. Maybe in 2 land where the times are not that long it can make a difference, but in 3, 4 or 5 land waiting 2h or 1:30h is them same. It should have been extra health packs...

Edit: Ok forget about the poll I have just seen there is another thread with the poll. I guess these two threads should be merged...
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    the faster regen makes a difference if you play pve, since ddq vault offers less heals now. Otherwise, I see it as really paying $10 to buy LT and get some extra stuff (iso, hp, etc.) along w/ it. If you have a young roster, that's not a bad deal especially if there is no way for you to hit cp progression or join t100 alliance & get the season LT. For veteran players, it doesn't address the iso need adequately and therefore not worthwhile.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    puppychow wrote:
    the faster regen makes a difference if you play pve, since ddq vault offers less heals now. Otherwise, I see it as really paying $10 to buy LT and get some extra stuff (iso, hp, etc.) along w/ it. If you have a young roster, that's not a bad deal especially if there is no way for you to hit cp progression or join t100 alliance & get the season LT. For veteran players, it doesn't address the iso need adequately and therefore not worthwhile.
    On the flipside, if you have a young roster... you shouldn't be pulling LT's because you aren't ready for the 5 stars yet to mess with your MMR in PVP. PVE with the revamped scaling implemented this event, we'll just have to see how that works out.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    No ISO, no peace...
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    It was fun but basically worthless. We need like 10x our current ISO for anything to matter any more.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    I still say VIP needs
    Iso multiplier
    Reduce health pack regen time
    LT streak breaker

Sold
  • I purchased the VIP Package on Day 1 and it ended yesterday for me. This needs a complete overhaul to even start to pique my interest again. I'm firmly in the 5* transition and I pulled dupes for both LTs that were offered. The ISO was still scarce and the rewards as a whole weren't tantalizing enough for me to warrant buying it again.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    I need iso, I've cover maxed a lot of good 4* but I have nowhere near enough iso to level even 2 of them. So the VIP deal doesn't really help players like me, an extra 10k is nothing to a 4* or above player. Change it to 100k and I'm very likely to buy again

My position exactly. I bought the first time because I was in a super-tight ISO bind, had Ice-Man and DPXF covers in queue and was trying to max both in a season (#NeverAgain). That little bit of ISO helped. Also hadn't bought anything since HP could purchase covers directly.

But there is to little ISO to help in a typical time period, and with low-chance RNG being the only hope for 5* progression those two LT's aren't very exciting either. Unless VIP is vastly enhanced, I won't be bothered again.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've actually bought VIP cllub twice.

1st time. I bought the offer and was dropped out of the club the next day. of course they was another bug, but I did recieve all the items that were promised. so I"m satisfied with the experience.

2nd time. I'm about 1/2 through the club gift list.

Overall, VIP isn't really worth it because of the following reasons.

1. The drip drip nature makes it hard to see and use the value of the gifts.
    -- In the first situation, I got a quick pop of iso,tokens and cp. I could use that immediate infusion to make roster adjustments. p.s. got a bSSm out of the two lt.
    -- In situation 2, the gifts come too slowing to make a difference in your roster or play. specifically, getting a 1k iso reward isn't useful when your over 10k away from your target.

2. The faster regen does make a difference. Especially in LR and pve. Depending on where you are in the game. i.e. a 5* player with the faster regen has a huge advantage when it comes to iso farming when it comes to trap caking, and playing for duration.

Overall, the regen is a great feature that makes a difference in overall play, especially if your a grinder.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's a pretty bad deal, especially for anyone at or above my lroster strength (early 4* transition).

HP: 700 ap is nice, but if I really need HP I can get better value from buying it straight up. (and if I use that HP to hop for 1300, I can probably earn 2LT pulls for less than $10)

Iso: 10k is laughable. I have made many posts on this topic, but I will repeat myself here. For 4* or 5* players 10k is an insultingly small amount of iso.

2LT: are fine, but not especially high priority for me, and this us where I might be in a minority position even for vets. I don't need random 4* covers; I desperately need a few specific 4* covers (purple or green iceman please!). So I tend to stockpile LTs for long periods of time until the drop odds for OML are about to get worse. 2 for $10 over a month just doesn't move the needle.

Heroic tokens: a little extra iso or a few champ covers are fine, but not worth real cash.

Cp: 9 cp is nice, but not even 1/2 of a classic LT pull isn't enough. 1/3 of a cp per day for real cash?

At 5 or 10x the iso I might be tempted, or if we got an extra 3-5 recharging healthpacks (the healing rate is meaningless to me; whobwaits for characters to heal?) As is, the package of a bit of everything, and not nearly enough of anything to catch my attention.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    The more I read here and elsewhere, the more I wonder WHO VIP WAS EVEN INTENDED FOR.

New folks: "LT's give me to many covers, the HP doesn't pay to roster those covers".
    Old folks: "LT's unlikely to give a worthwhile cover, the ISO doesn't pay to max those characters".

It's almost like they did no marketing research outside of decide a price-point they wanted to try, and threw darts to decide reward structure.
  • Vhailorx
    edited July 2016
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    The more I read here and elsewhere, the more I wonder WHO VIP WAS EVEN INTENDED FOR.

New folks: "LT's give me to many covers, the HP doesn't pay to roster those covers".
    Old folks: "LT's unlikely to give a worthwhile cover, the ISO doesn't pay to max those characters".

It's almost like they did no marketing research outside of decide a price-point they wanted to try, and threw darts to decide reward structure.

I was struck that the player polling they did was purely about price point. They had already settled on the quantities of resources.

Furthermore, they took a very different tack that many other mobile games with quasi subscription models.

They made a grab bag of everything, trying to appeal to all lkayers. Lots of other game offer $5-10 packages of individual resources distributed over time at much lower prices than standard bundles. That lets players target their own high priority resources and Incentivizes continued play. And since some players will buy packages for multiple resourcrs, the game could make more than $10 per month from some people.

They should have done something like 3.5k hp over 28 days for $10, or 200k iso over 28 days for $10. Or 75cps over 28 days for $15. And every player can buy 1 of those bundles every 28 days. (yes, these are all crazy good 'deals' relative to normal pricing, especially iso. That's the point.)

As is, the only people who should even consider VIP are newer players. The healing time boost means More for 1*s and 2*s, 700HP is useful when it can actually buy roster slots, and tokens and 10k iso are useful at the beginning (but stockpile those LTs!).
  • dsds
    dsds Posts: 526
    SnowcaTT wrote:

depends on how you define new players. The ones who are just completing the tutorial will find it useful. Their roster slots costs much less so the hp is useful. But then again, you can probably earn the hp since they would likely be in a newbie bracket so pretty easy.
  • Vhailorx
    I purchased the VIP Package on Day 1 and it ended yesterday for me. This needs a complete overhaul to even start to pique my interest again. I'm firmly in the 5* transition and I pulled dupes for both LTs that were offered. The ISO was still scarce and the rewards as a whole weren't tantalizing enough for me to warrant buying it again.

Would it be totally worth it if you'd had super sweet pulls?

I agree with aesth. Why do players frame their opinion about VIP using their personal LT pulls? I don't like RNG only 5*s when I pull OML and hate it when I pull duplicate elektras; I just dislike it because it means that equal dedication to the game can result in wildly different roster outcomes with no corrective options available to players.
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    I bought in after release. Maybe 2 weeks in. It hasn't made any noticeable impact on my gameplay. I'm sure if the LT had yielded something amazing that added to my roster I'd be singing a different tune, but I got an IW cover I couldn't use for the LT pull. The rest of the rewards - same slow dribble as regular gameplay, I just paid for it. Expedited heal means nothing to me. Other than that, pithy automatic bonus, not much better than the free SHIELD drop.

Will not re-up.
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    I was decidedly unimpressed. I'm reupping for one more go-round, because I need the LTs, but that's probably it.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I purchased the VIP Package on Day 1 and it ended yesterday for me. This needs a complete overhaul to even start to pique my interest again. I'm firmly in the 5* transition and I pulled dupes for both LTs that were offered. The ISO was still scarce and the rewards as a whole weren't tantalizing enough for me to warrant buying it again.

I won a 5* from one of my LTs. Still not worth it. Happy about the 5*, but no thanks. It was cap'n, I believe. So now I have 3 covers, which doesn't do much.
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vhailorx wrote:

I agree with aesth. Why do players frame their opinion about VIP using their personal LT pulls? I don't like RNG only 5*s when I pull OML and hate it when I pull duplicate elektras; I just dislike it because it means that equal dedication to the game can result in wildly different roster outcomes with no corrective option available to players.

Yes, it would. Players frame their opinion based on their pulls because they're spending their money. Should we frame our opinions based on other people's pulls? It's all relative, so everyone's experiences are gonna differ. Everyone is subjected to RNG, but some people get favorable results and some don't.
  • Vhailorx
    mpqr7 wrote:

I won a 5* from one of my LTs. Still not worth it. Happy about the 5*, but no thanks. It was cap'n, I believe. So now I have 3 covers, which doesn't do much.

But isn't the larger point that it isn't worthwhile no matter what cover you pull? Beating the odds by getting a good pull on one LT doesn't mean that your should immediately join a buyer's club to open more LTs. Buying VIP or any other token in this game is buying a lottery ticket. The only way to judge the value is by looking at the odds, not individual outcomes!