Who plans to renew VIP?

2»

Comments

• SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bought it month one, will not buy again.

If there were some HUGE changes (much more ISO, much less price, much more LT/CP, better (or no!) RNG chance for 5*'s)....then I'd think about it again.
  • Kojubat
    Kojubat Posts: 142 Tile Toppler
    I'll renew. It's not the best deal ever, but I look at it like my Netflix subscription when there's nothing I want to particularly watch. Low cost enough to keep it active, even if not particularly relevant when it's a 500 ISO day. I don't consciously recognize the benefit of the recovery acceleration, but it is something hard to quantify. (Where is the line of Health Pack/No Health Pack for a particular character, and would waiting X minutes versus Y minutes mean anything?) For example, in the new PvE environment, it may be useful for a casual player getting to use their A Team more often, but it is mostly useless for a competitive player grinding at each sub end/start for hours straight.

But I agree, at least one LT needs to be in the last three days. In fact, I would swap days 12 & 13 and days 27 & 28, to give a "punch" at the end to encourage renewal.

Here's the entire current sequence for reference:

VIP Rewards List:
    Day 00: Legendary Token
    Day 01: 1000 Iso
    Day 02: 100 Hero Points
    Day 03: Heroic Token
    Day 04: 3 Command Points
    Day 05: 1000 Iso
    Day 06: 100 Hero Points
    Day 07: Heroic Token
    Day 08: 1000 Iso
    Day 09: 500 Iso
    Day 10: 100 Hero Points
    Day 11: 500 Iso
    Day 12: 3 Command Points
    Day 13: Legendary Token
    Day 14: 100 Hero Points
    Day 15: Heroic Token
    Day 16: 1000 Iso
    Day 17: 500 Iso
    Day 18: 100 Hero Points
    Day 19: Heroic Token
    Day 20: 3 Command Points
    Day 21: 1000 Iso
    Day 22: 100 Hero Points
    Day 23: Heroic Token
    Day 24: 1000 Iso
    Day 25: 1000 Iso
    Day 26: 100 Hero Points
    Day 27: Heroic Token
    Day 28: 1500 Iso
  • Taganov
    Taganov Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    Nah. Scrap health regen, which I found laughable as a 2 star transitioner, and put in a roster slot and another LT. Also, there should never be a day with less than 1000 ISO. Seriously. Never. These are very small changes.
    Alternately, I'd buy as is at $5/month.

To be honest, I can spend the money and I'm more than happy to support the game; I just don't want to feel dirty for doing it.
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm not renewing immediately but I may down the road. The package price is OK when compared to other packages available for ISO and HP but really don't feel that the value is commensurate with what you get. If they added more ISO I would probably consider coming back but outside of the 2 legendary tokens I don't think it is worth it.
  • rbdragon
    rbdragon Posts: 479 Mover and Shaker
    I renewed right away mainly because despite a few hiccups, it's an inexpensive way for me to support the game while getting a couple legendary tokens. However, I really do wish they hadn't called it VIP since the rest of what you get still doesn't necessarily feel "VIPish".....

Now if they threw in an ISO multiplier, that would make it feel worthy of the name....
  • billsrule7
    billsrule7 Posts: 46
    Until some changes are made to it, I am not planning on renewing. There are lots of great suggestions here for how to add more value to it. If ISO was increased, or there was an ISO multiplier, I would buy again in a heartbeat. As it stands now, there really isn't anything "VIP" about it.

IGN: Foster
    Alliance: BestPains
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    rbdragon wrote:
    I renewed right away mainly because despite a few hiccups, it's an inexpensive way for me to support the game while getting a couple legendary tokens. However, I really do wish they hadn't called it VIP since the rest of what you get still doesn't necessarily feel "VIPish".....

And for all of those who didn't buy the first time or won't buy again - you are a VUP (Unimportant).
  • TheVulture
    TheVulture Posts: 439 Mover and Shaker
    "I didn't buy into VIP in the first place!" - I'm not averse to supporting any games I play financially, but literally all I'm interested in right now is:

a] Large amounts of ISO to max 3 stars I never got around to.
    b] Steady supply of roster slots to house the endless 1st covers of 4 star releases I missed.

As the subscription provides neither, not a good fit for me.
  • TimGunn
    TimGunn Posts: 257 Mover and Shaker
    Taganov wrote:

To be honest, I can spend the money and I'm more than happy to support the game; I just don't want to feel dirty for doing it.

i agree!
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm more than a little surprised that there are as many "yup" votes as we see now. Not invested one way or the other, mind you, but judging from the general response around here I was anticipating maybe 10 at most. However it isn't surprising to see that the "didn't buy" tally is highest.

I'm curious to hear more from those of you who did vote "yup." Some have already mentioned that the generally low price point makes it a "why not" option. That's not exactly a ringing endorsement but it still counts. It also sounds like the few newer players are happy with the extra boost at their level of play, while us long-term and/or hardcore players turn up our collective noses at the paltry offering.

Using this poll as an admittedly lopsided barometer, I'm going to guess that D3 is looking at this as a win. I think it's fairly safe to say that the target audience was newer players and it does seem to be proving true. That said, I'm going to predict that we'll see some higher grade of VIP program within the next 6 months. This will be precipitated by two major events: The four-star tier finally reaching parity with the three-stars, and the number of available five-stars blooming to the point where the pitchforks really come out. Once the individual pull rate for a given 5* character in the classic tokens hits something abominable like 2.5%, the VIP+ will have some measure to mollify us grumpy jerks at the high end. It won't be anything that us entitled a-holes would call "good," but it could be not-that-****. Maybe something like access to a special LT store with options that contain only certain 5* characters. So you'd be able to choose between the Latest LT, the extant Classic LT, Doesn't Have Logan LT ver. A, Doesn't Have Logan LT ver. B, and Has Logan LT, for example. Then you can choose to spend all your CP on that last option in addition to whatever else they put in there for $20 a month.
  • Smudge
    Smudge Posts: 562 Critical Contributor
    Weighed my options and decided to put my 9.99 in Google Opinion Rewards into Baldur's Gate instead, then spent a little more to get a premium app for D&D live play character tracking, and I will never invest in VIP in the future either.

I have purchased HP on a few occasions in the $5 and $20 increments, but the reward structure of VIP coupled with how much fun I just had while not playing the game for about 5 days makes me happy with my decision. I've supported the game both financially and with longevity of play, but I still feel VIP is an insult that earns ever more ire each time I see the stupid pop-up.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    1: guranteed 5* pull with your bonus legendary
    2: replace the health regen with an increase in health pack limits 20-30 ish, that regenerate 50% faster
    3: iso multiplier based on how often you purchace vip (up to a 50%) bonus
    4: slight increase in the totals given for daily rewards (cp/iso/hp) + a bonus amount of cp for alliance members

sign me up. until then my participation in the program will be limited. but knowing the general stinginess of d3 none of those things will ever come close to happening.
  • PeeOne
    PeeOne Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Could the Nope be changed to "not on your life"

Absolute sham and a waste
  • TheAlphateam
    TheAlphateam Posts: 25 Just Dropped In
    I'm not renewing. I'd like more ISO or change the health regen to 25% in ISO increase instead.