Who plans to renew VIP?

El Satanno
El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
edited July 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
My first poll was an interesting time and a lot of people seem to think this will be similarly illuminating. Obviously we will never really know how successful the VIP system is in the eyes of the devs/pubs, but it's fun to talk about it, isn't it? Off you go, then!
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Eventually, maybe. I don't know.

I look at it as basically the same as 2x the $4.99 HP purchase, but with a couple of legendary tokens in place of some of the HP.

I wouldn't say I definitely won't re-up later but I wouldn't say I definitely will, either, and there's not a poll option for that!
  • action711
    action711 Posts: 129 Tile Toppler
    I won't renew unless they improve it a bit:

Change the 500 ISO to 1000 ISO

Add another LT at the 28th day

500 ISO is just being cheap, it's supposed to be a paid reward right, just give us 1000 and a smile. And an LT at the end to remind us why we went VIP in the first place!

Or, if you want us to continually re-buy, multiply up the rewards each successive time we buy it...

Otherwise I'm not bothered
  • Kevin61
    Kevin61 Posts: 256 Mover and Shaker
    Not right away. Not really seeing the benefits other than the guaranteed LT's.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mine expired yesterday and I haven't renewed it. The novelty factor has worn off. I don't necessarily see it as a bad deal but I don't need 3 or 4* covers I need iso and it simply doesn't provide enough of it.
  • Lukoil
    Lukoil Posts: 266 Mover and Shaker
    Nope. planning to stop playing the game after changes to pve. Well i even missed 3 days of current VIP because i can't stand the changes made to the game. The game become too challenging (aka not fun at all)
  • MarcusGraves
    MarcusGraves Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    -HP regen is 100% worthless, should be scrapped and switched to increased ISO earned.

-ISO rewards are too low, should honestly be 20K over 28 days at least.

-Too many Heroic tokens, switch over a few to ISO and add another LT to have 3 total in the package.

Overall a very stingy feature, spent the $$$ just to try it, won't be buying again till the above happens.
  • Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    I probably will. Maybe it's just me.

Just off of nothing but cost efficiency, it gives me more than it costs so I'll just get it for that reason.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    I just did.

I like the trickle of rewards, and it's 38 cents per day.

Only thing that really needs to go are the 500 ISO days, those are an insult.

Heroics, at the worst, fuel my 2* champs, CP are always needed, extra 1K ISO doesn't hurt, 2 LT are awesome.
    HP, yeah, there's some there as well *shrug*

Overall it's an OK package.
  • gravel
    gravel Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    I wasn't planning on renewing it, but I did. I pulled a 5* from the first VIP LT, so I figured I would push my luck. I don't know if I'll renew after the second month, and I agree the faster healing is pretty much worthless, but the rewards are better than the general cost of buying things, and the added HP has been nice with the event vaults.
  • nwman
    nwman Posts: 331 Mover and Shaker
    If it's about the legendary tokens then there should be one on the last day. Otherwise I just felt disappointed each day after we got the 2nd legendary token.

If it's not about the legendary tokens, then 3-5x more ISO is needed. The health regen needs to be changed to an increase in health packs to 15 regenerating over the standard 10 regenerating
  • BlackIC
    BlackIC Posts: 65 Match Maker
    I would suggest the following, but I still renewed:
      Allow separate banks for health packs, one for the 10 that renews and the other for the excess. We can choose which bank to expend. Have better draw odds across the board. There is no expiration timer for drawn covers. Drawn covers can be changed to accommodate for different character powers.
  • TarjanVK
    TarjanVK Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    I'm a bit late into the VIP stuff, so I've still got about two weeks to go with mine before it ends, but as a mainly 3* player who's still building my roster, I've been enjoying the extra rewards and opportunities that the VIP stuff has given me. I agree though, the 500 ISO days are really meh, but I haven't minded the heroic tokens (doesn't hurt that I pulled PX from today's heroic, either), CP, and HP at all. I've even found the regen to be helpful, though I know that many/most vets of the game haven't.

For someone in my position and playtime, I think it's a decent deal personally, and I'll be renewing once it's up.
  • TheRealJRad
    TheRealJRad Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    I most did, but I remember what a bummer the iso days were. I feel like re-upping is just encouraging the bummer days.
  • cozmo1682
    cozmo1682 Posts: 135 Tile Toppler
    -HP regen is 100% worthless, should be scrapped and switched to increased ISO earned.

-ISO rewards are too low, should honestly be 20K over 28 days at least.

-Too many Heroic tokens, switch over a few to ISO and add another LT to have 3 total in the package.

Overall a very stingy feature, spent the $$$ just to try it, won't be buying again till the above happens.

This!
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    I got to enjoy the healing for 3-4 days before mine messed up and I got the bundle of rewards from CS. I actually got 2 bundles, b/c I tried to sign up again, the purchase failed, but I was charged. I hadn't completely ruled it out because I got a 5* IM with my 4th or 5th LT. My overall 5* pull rate is abysmal. I think with my other 3 LTs I got at the same time, I pulled one of each of the Fantastic 4 4*. I should get a reward for that.

The HP, CP and LTs are nice, but I hate RNG. $10 is a trivial amount to me, but I am also not a fan of D3's sporadic communication. When they do make announcements, it's usually about stuff that's not important to me, and the stuff I do want to hear about never gets addressed. So I guess I've talked myself in to not renewing, because I'll let my $ talk for me.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Don't have the google survey money left to renew. Not in a rush, as the rewards are so low as to basically be un-noticeable. The health renewal is beyond laughable, and you barely get any ISO, which is really all that matters.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mine's a nope if you're talking the second it expires (so, today). I probably will again at some point, but dunno when that'll be.

I did it the first time because my HP stock was getting low from all the new releases, so I figured why not. The 700 came in handy while I was building back up.

Now that I'm pretty self-sufficient again, the other rewards aren't enough of an enticement to keep throwing money in.
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    I hope that there is a big enough drop from the initial amount of VIPs and the amount of renewals, to make them reconsider the VIP rewards. I doubt there will be, but it'd be a nice incentive to sign up again.
  • huktonfonix
    huktonfonix Posts: 214 Tile Toppler
    The interesting thing for me is that the VIP rewards seem much more tailored to mid-game rosters than end-game. I understand why that is from a business perspective (much larger subscriber base), but when I see "VIP" my first thought goes to a program intended for people whaling 5*s and running the table in PVP, not a semi-casual 3* transitioner like myself.

For me the rewards are pretty good, although some are approaching obsolescence. Even the health regen, which I had originally written off as complete garbage, is somewhat useful as I have a couple dozen champed 3's that I can cycle between while waiting for my A team to heal if health packs are low. For players firmly in 4* land, who don't have the ISO to level more than their top tier characters, or players in 5* land where there are only a few characters to choose from, the health regen is completely useless.

I still probably won't bother re-upping though, as I can progress decently without paying anything.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    I probably will. I agree that the ISO and CP rewards should be higher, but since HP became dramatically less useful I basically don't spend on the game anymore - I don't mind dropping 10 bucks a month to get a couple LTs and a smattering of other stuff if it supports the game.