TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
edited July 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
My choices were

Silk
RiRi Williams
Medusa
America Chavez

I chose Ri, Queen, and America.

My students ask me on a weekly basis why none of the superheroes look like them, ESPECIALLY my girls........

Comments

• Bruinsfan17
    Bruinsfan17 Posts: 132 Tile Toppler
    Just saw it as well. I chose Medusa only because she doesn't seem like another variant of some other hero. The other 3 are basically just female versions of Spiderman, iron man and captain America by the looks of it. I'm all for new characters but I want them to actually be new!! Enough with the variations of existing heroes.
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    I went with Medusa as I haven't read anything with Silk and don't care for Miss America.

How Riri Williams could be anyone's favorite is baffling. She's been in like 9 pages. She's not even a character at this point.
  • Insert25c
    Insert25c Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    I saw this and quickly submitted mine with none chosen. when we were all talking about characters we were clamoring about characters we'd like to see; please point out where ANY of these 4 were. MAYBE you'd have seen Medusa, but for tinykitty's sake even if you were avoiding X-characters like they had Zika, there is still a HUGE catalogue of heroes, villains, and such that you could choose from.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    my only concern with Riri is my Stark (1) getting locked out of the 1* DDQ fight if she's the opponent because Iron Man >.<

But otherwise, sure, bring 'em on. Beats Y.A.H.O.W.
  • Esheris
    Esheris Posts: 216 Tile Toppler
    I voted for Medusa, as others have mentioned just because she's not another variant.

I personally want to see new events and more updates to the game, not new characters that will take me forever to actually use.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's a tired old drum but I'll keep banging it...

I chose a write-in answer of Captain Moratorium. Main power, stops new character releases for a couple of months.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ultimately, I would have liked a larger selection to choose from.

I chose Medusa since I feel that, if MPQ is going to be ignoring mutants (whether by design or direction), they should at least be bringing more Inhumans into the forefront. Medusa should also have Fantastic Four affiliation, and it would be great to see that small group getting some better in-game characters.
  • brisashi
    brisashi Posts: 418 Mover and Shaker
    I went with Silk.

I know we have an abundance of spiders, but I think she is one of the coolest characters introduced recently.
  • Jabrony_Geoff
    Jabrony_Geoff Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    I voted for Medusa because wherever she goes Blackbolt and Crystal are sure to follow.
    ....and other members of the Royal Family.
    #nuffsaid
  • Wolarsen
    Wolarsen Posts: 326 Mover and Shaker
    It is probably not, but the poll looks terribly rigged: a sole classic charácter vs 3 variants (that are less than 2 years old)? I bet all my OM... well, all my Phoenix covers that Medusa wins by landslide.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    This Pop up came really too early, I have almost no experience with most of the new chars, they should have waited after CW2 so we get to know those chars before we chose one of them...

I don't have any problems with Medusa, but getting her before Black Bolt is really discouraging.

PS: Also, why not adding to the list The Unworthy Thor ?
  • Ryudoz
    Ryudoz Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    I chose none.

Don't know the characters.
    Don't care.
    #GetOffMahLawn
  • Phaentom
    Phaentom Posts: 111 Tile Toppler
    I left this blank and submitted 0. Let's add heroes people want instead of ones probably most people never heard of before or don't care for. D3 it's time to grow a set and tell Marvel the real heroes people want in this game.
  • Mebert
    Mebert Posts: 1
    I went with America Chavez.
    She's not just a Captain America, far from it. More like a FISS[1] hero with the ability to make dimensional portals https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miss_Amer ... vel_Comics).
    And I like her attitude.

[1] flight-invulnerability-speed-strength (http://ps238.wikia.com/wiki/FISS)
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    I selected nothing and hit submit.

Tone it down with the new releases, and if you refuse, then how about doing one of the characters people have been asking for, literally for years at this point, such as Gambit (and yes, yes, I know, Disney is actively working to destroy IP where Fox still has movie rights).
  • Konman
    Konman Posts: 410 Mover and Shaker
    I voted for "none of the above". I didn't read their preview magazine and know nothing or next to nothing about the characters.

Even though Medusa is an older character, the art they used in the poll leads me to believe that it's somehow an "All New!" young Avengers version or some such.

Disappointing.
  • Houtro
    Houtro Posts: 464 Mover and Shaker
    New... Medusa. We already got a pack of Spider's and Cap's.
  • chamber44
    chamber44 Posts: 324 Mover and Shaker
    Mebert wrote:
    I went with America Chavez.
    She's not just a Captain America, far from it. More like a FISS[1] hero with the ability to make dimensional portals https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miss_Amer ... vel_Comics).
    And I like her attitude.

[1] flight-invulnerability-speed-strength (http://ps238.wikia.com/wiki/FISS)
    this - America Chavez isn't a Cap retread.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    I didn't vote because I have no tinykittying idea who any of them are. I've just resigned myself to dozens of variants, most of whom I've never heard of.
  • illusionist_KA
    illusionist_KA Posts: 137 Tile Toppler
    i picked Medusa as well. I need more evil people and something that wasn't warmed up in the microwave.

I knew this kind of **** would be coming since Disney bought Marvel. This is corporate trying to influence a female audience in the comic book world. I do not like Riri and didn't know of America Chavez until now. So i need to go look that up. They need to branch off side stories, instead of replacing icons in this world.