Poll: Will you grind a 1 point Trivial node in PVE?

2»

Comments

• revskip
    revskip Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pylgrim wrote:
    Lots of "no" as could be expected. But the thing is that you only need 10 players saying "yes". No matter if it's 10 among 20, 100 or 1000. Those 10 will get the good rewards. Perhaps fine in most cases, but what about a PVP releasing a clearly top-rate new character (such as Peggy)? If you really, really want it and notice you are off the top 10 by, say, 20 points... would you consider it?

Probably not since the person in 10th place would also notice and would be grinding it too. I have made a top 10 exactly once (finished third) and the amount of time spent vs. reward earned was just atrocious. I broke open a bunch of tacos just to stay in the grinding race and spent an extra 2 hours per day in that event for what? Two extra 4* covers?

I'd much rather spend about a quarter of the amount of time it takes to hit top ten and hit top 50 for non new releases or top 100 for new releases. The 4* covers given out at the very top are nice but I'll get there eventually with CP and legendary draws, I had MPQ nightmares during that event I grinded for top placement and that is neither healthy nor fun.