Poll: Will you grind a 1 point Trivial node in PVE?

JVReal
JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
edited July 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Been reading a lot of comments about the new PVE format and people talking about those players that will grind a 1 point trivial node for 24 hours for #1 placement... and I was hoping we could find out if those players are on this forum.

This forum seems to consist of the more committed players, represents the top 10% of the gaming population so if these 1 point grinders exist, this would be the place to find them.

Simple question:

Will you grind a 1 point Trivial node in PVE for hours on end for placement?
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• mckauhu
    mckauhu Posts: 740 Critical Contributor
    Definitely not wasting my time for that
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hell no. No, no, no! Ain't nobody got time for that, etc....
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    Magic wrote:
    Hell no. No, no, no! Ain't nobody got time for that, etc....

At least a few people do.

That makes me sad.
  • No, No and thrice No.
    Grinding is demoralising, painfully boring, hard work.
    Grinding 1 point repeatedly ? Lunacy. A pursuit best left to those who actively seek solitary confinement.
  • Amsha3gar
    Amsha3gar Posts: 18 Just Dropped In
    Maybe in new char releases, if i'm really desperate for points. Otherwise, i will never bother
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was a T5 PvE player, but I said no because I'm no longer going to play competitively under the new system. I'm not interested in having to play 5 hours a row, and I know that there are players who WILL grind 1 point nodes. We're well past the point where the effort required isn't worth it to me.
  • gravel
    gravel Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    simonsez wrote:
    I was a T5 PvE player, but I said no because I'm no longer going to play competitively under the new system. I'm not interested in having to play 5 hours a row, and I know that there are players who WILL grind 1 point nodes. We're well past the point where the effort required isn't worth it to me.

I'm usually top 10 to top 20 on new releases, and these are my thoughts as well. These were my thoughts and many others when they ran these tests, and with the exception of the test with a finite amount of points (which surprisingly led to ties), the developers haven't done anything to change them.
  • Ruinate
    Ruinate Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    I've hit T10 for nearly every new release until Peggy. The competition was way fierce and I didn't make the cut. That night I realized I was okay with that.

After these changes? Yeah, I'm way more than okay with that.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    voted no, but I'm sure I could dream up a scenario where I would. say if they added a 1000 iso reward as an 8th reward after the node hits 1 pt. I'd do as many of those as I could. current structure, not just no but hell no.
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've done it once or twice under the old system in order to get the CP or 500 iso, but with the new system and hitting for 1 is also hitting for no additional rewards you'd have to be paying me substantially to get me to do that.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    I will probably get all the rewards on trivial and 4 clears on the others. New character releases will get full clears on all. I don't know if that will be down to 1 point or not. My hope is not
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Absolutely not. If my choices are grinding that much for t10 or not making t10 I'll make my peace with being a t50 player instead.

My time is way more valuable to me than digital prizes with no actual value. I enjoy playing and I do enjoy winning prizes but if I had to choose between the 2 I will take enjoying playing and leaving prizes to the mentally unstable people in the t10%
  • Mitchjewitz
    Mitchjewitz Posts: 84 Match Maker
    Not sure if this has already been said but the 1 point grind was in the old system too. People are making too much of a big deal about this.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Not sure if this has already been said but the 1 point grind was in the old system too. People are making too much of a big deal about this.

The 1 pt grind is functionally different on 8hr refreshes than 24 hr refreshes. In the 8hr refreshes, the "return of investment" (for lack of a better term) for an extreme grind is much reduced, because the node will have two full point clears before the final grind begins. In the 24hr refreshes, the nodes will never get back to full points in a 24hr sub, so repeatedly hitting the most trivial node for 1pt between your first 4 clears and your final grind will almost definitely yield more points than letting it recharge and grinding the last few hours. That being said, this is literally only an issue to the Top 10, at best, in PVE, so the other 99% will not care in the slightest.

Personally, I could never see myself grinding the 1pt node, short of somehow missing the 25 CP progression by ~5pts and not wanting to waste effort on a harder node...which is a next-to-impossible scenario. I voted a resounding "no".
  • Akari
    Akari Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    Due to slight burnout, I haven't even been grinding any nodes to 1 in PvE lately, though I'm still placing within t10 most of the time. I barely did the 20 pt grind last time, I won't do the 1 pt grind this time.
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    Rewards per time spent are pathetic so i dont have a reason to do more than DDQ, PvE to 25CP tier (dont care about placement reward tbh... i dont need to stress myself about when and if someone pull me down in ladder), and sometimes PvP (300pts at most).
    Rewards per node are not so bad, but they are limited... and no reward in final placement change the fact that doing drained node is waste of time.

What would change it? This viewtopic.php?f=8&t=45364
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Three yes votes now...that'll be Ducky, Bowgentle, and...some troll voting yes just because. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    I worry about anyone who cares about a cover enough to grind 1 point nodes. The game is meant to be enjoyable, imagine doing that for every single PVE event. Sounds like absolute hell. No cover is worth that.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    simonsez wrote:

same new pve = maybe i play just to cp and that is it.. make it too high i just play for daily cp and quit.....

pvp has no seed nodes now so that is almost a quit

like to thank D3 for making a wonderful game and it lasted me almost 2 years putting around 50 or so real cash into the game but finding better games to play seems its almost time to say bye bye to this game
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    Lots of "no" as could be expected. But the thing is that you only need 10 players saying "yes". No matter if it's 10 among 20, 100 or 1000. Those 10 will get the good rewards. Perhaps fine in most cases, but what about a PVP releasing a clearly top-rate new character (such as Peggy)? If you really, really want it and notice you are off the top 10 by, say, 20 points... would you consider it?