Poll: MPQ experience demographic

OneLastGambit
OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
edited July 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
So I'm curious about how the level of experience is distributed among the user base.

Simple poll pick one option to signify how long you have been playing.

I got curious about this when reading a quizzical comment about whether changes are designed for vets or not so let's see how many vets we have and that might tell us whom changes are aimed at.

Note* this poll can never be fully representative of the full user base due to the fact that this forum is not the full user base.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• IFORANI
    IFORANI Posts: 91
    17 votes and no under 300. Data lends more for forum users demographic or at a minimum people with active logins for forum.
  • deadtaco
    deadtaco Posts: 409 Mover and Shaker
    Sub 100 checking in! <looks for someone to high five> guys?

829099266.gif
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    I'm a month from breaking 900 days.

Steam seems to think I've been playing for 12,000+ hours, though. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif Gotta get those seed teams!
  • PeeOne
    PeeOne Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    IFORANI wrote:
    17 votes and no under 300. Data lends more for forum users demographic or at a minimum people with active logins for forum.

Indeed I was well into my 508 days before I found the forums
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    OJSP wrote:
    DuckyV wrote:
    I'm a month from breaking 900 days.

Steam seems to think I've been playing for 12,000+ hours, though. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif Gotta get those seed teams!
    An average of more 13 hours a day? Wow..

I am really happy I play on iOs and I can't get that statistic, I would probably cry or get depressed icon_razz.gif

Today is day 985 (Nova yellow), I am coming day 1000 !!!
  • Dninot
    Dninot Posts: 214
    619. I guess I'd be almost at 900 if I didn't take most of a year break?
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    832 here. Keep on chuggin'!
  • Houtro
    Houtro Posts: 464 Mover and Shaker
    icon_e_biggrin.gif 790 days of play here! 7000 hours by Steam count.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    wow. I feel so young (in game anyway). almost to 600. 596 today. and I'm with polares - glad I don't have access to hours played.

edit: those steam numbers are 10-13 hrs a day??? is that just how long the game is open/running? can't be playing that much...
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    655 days today... my roster will be complete and I'm finally competitive with my yellowflag.pngicon_squirrelgirl.png I got today...
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    You had to make this poll 6 days before I got 700, huh? Now I look like a total n00b in the 601-700 category. Shameful!

(serves me right for missing about 30 days over the past 2 years)
  • mckauhu
    mckauhu Posts: 740 Critical Contributor
    Vhailorx wrote:
    You had to make this poll 6 days before I got 700, huh? Now I look like a total n00b in the 601-700 category. Shameful!

Wait for 6 days and post again icon_e_biggrin.gif I don't remember mine atm something 500+ I check. Tomorrow getting Elektras black color so according to wikiapages it's... 609 days atm icon_e_surprised.gif
  • MarvelMan
    MarvelMan Posts: 1,350
    Dont make the mistake of conflating days with vet/noob. There are casuals who are close to 1k days, and hardcore players who are fairly new (looking at you sleet).

Day 991 here....cant wait for that sweet 5* at 1k.
  • mckauhu
    OJSP wrote:
    mckauhu wrote:
    Vhailorx wrote:

Wait for 6 days and post again icon_e_biggrin.gif I don't remember mine atm something 500+ I check. Tomorrow getting Elektras black color so according to wikiapages it's... 609 days atm icon_e_surprised.gif
    I was going to suggest that, but the poll only runs for another 4 days..

Well maybe he could then cheat a little and put that 601-700 category anyway since it's that close icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • metallion
    metallion Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    MarvelMan wrote:
    Dont make the mistake of conflating days with vet/noob. There are casuals who are close to 1k days, and hardcore players who are fairly new (looking at you sleet).

I represent that group of casuals. Self proclaimed casual at day 988. Can't wait for that BSS at day 1k, then I'd just be missing only IM out of all my 5*s
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanks for all the input guys.

I think the poll is showing that this forum mainly consists of vets.

I get what people are saying about equating days played with vet status the poll is the only took at my disposal I'd love to use other factors too (player level, engagament, alliance level, experience etc) but sadly I have only a spade with which to conduct my autopsy.

I expected the majority to be centred around my length of play (day 342) so am surprised to see the largest demographic is much higher
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,189 Chairperson of the Boards
    Resupply day says I am on day 610 so that's what I selected.

But reality is I'm somewhere around day 300 because the first 300+ days consisted of me doing the prologue followed by my 7 year old repeating prologue missions for months on end when I stopped playing (loves him some super heroes). It was only this past September during the games 2 year anniversary date that I started the game again (with a starting bonus of a years worth of resupply tokens/ISO thanks to my kid).

KGB
  • HaywireII
    HaywireII Posts: 568 Critical Contributor
    242 checking in. I'm betting people under day 100 aren't very likely to be active on the forums which will skew the results.

This poll made me think of another subject that I haven't seen discussed yet and that's player churn or turnover. There are always people leaving the game and always new ones coming in. Anyone have any insight or speculation on what those numbers are like? If it weren't for newer players I'd never be playing a team weaker than myself in versus mode and the experience would be a lot more harsh than it already is.
  • mckauhu
    KGB wrote:
    Resupply day says I am on day 610 so that's what I selected.

So you are just one day ahead of me! You got already Elektras blacktile.png right?
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    wonder how many forumites actually quit the game but are still engaged on the forum or line....