Are people popping their classic LT's today?

Vhailorx
Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
edited July 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
No word from Demiurge yet on 5* odds after Banner goes live tomorrow.

When IM40 and 5*Cap entered the pool, demiurge sneakily raised the odds for everything, so it was better to have waited (though no one had any prior notice, so I doubt many people did; I know I didn't).

Are people waiting, or cracking open their stockpiles now? Gotta maximize the chance of getting those precious OML covers. . .

Comments

• OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    If one were cynical they might conclude that perhaps the odds were increased previously as the devs knew there was another 5* incoming in a month...if one were cynical.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Moving GG to Classics will change the draw chance for any given 5* character to 3.33% again. I think this is the "magic" number that Demiurge doesn't want to dip below. I'm predicting that the 15% combined draw rate for 5*'s will remain. This means that anybody chasing OML or Goblin covers specifically will probably be better served opening the respective tokens today.

The next 5* after Banner (whomever it is) will signal the next major change for 5* tokens & draw rates.
  • Vhailorx
    I think everyone knew there was another 5* coming in just over a month. they have been more or less 1 a month since introduction.

Sept -- SS
    October -- OML
    November -- Phoenix
    December -- ??
    January -- BSS
    February -- GG
    March -- ??
    April/May-- IM46/5*Cap
    May -- ??
    June -- ??
    July -- Banner

It's not exactly clockwork, but it is easy enough to predict.

I think the cynical view is that Demiurge didn't announce the LT 5* drop rate change in advance so that people would spend all their LT's before IM46 and 5*Cap joined the pool, only to discover that they would have been 50% more likely to pull 5*s if they had just waited. People who just spent all their LTs before the odds improved are eager for more. . .
  • Vhailorx
    Mawtful wrote:
    Moving GG to Classics will change the draw chance for any given 5* character to 3.33% again. I think this is the "magic" number that Demiurge doesn't want to dip below. I'm predicting that the 15% combined draw rate for 5*'s will remain. This means that anybody chasing OML or Goblin covers specifically will probably be better served opening the respective tokens today.

The next 5* after Banner (whomever it is) will signal the next major change for 5* tokens & draw rates.

Won't a 5th 5* in the classic pool drop everyone to 3%, rather than 3.3%?
  • Mawtful
    Vhailorx wrote:
    Mawtful wrote:

I hadn't had my coffee yet. But yes, 15/5 = 3. 3 is the magic number.

I wonder if the 10th 5* would be enough to push all of them into a single token again - make the draw rate 3% per 5* character for a total of 30% chance, and the 70% remainder used to cover 4* characters.
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,610 Chairperson of the Boards
    You lose .75% chance on OML, but would later have a 6% chance at either OML or GG.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mawtful wrote:
    Vhailorx wrote:
    Mawtful wrote:

I hadn't had my coffee yet. But yes, 15/5 = 3. 3 is the magic number.

I wonder if the 10th 5* would be enough to push all of them into a single token again - make the draw rate 3% per 5* character for a total of 30% chance, and the 70% remainder used to cover 4* characters.

At which point, what? get rid of classic legends, or turn that into a 4*-only token?
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,411 Chairperson of the Boards
    You'll get your wish of a 5* only token when there are more than 33 5* in the game to warrant 33 5* in the classic token with 3.33% odds each
  • Mawtful
    DFiPL wrote:
    At which point, what? get rid of classic legends, or turn that into a 4*-only token?

Maybe? A 3-4* token would be fantastic, even though I'm already kinda past that point of progression (I still want champ levels, so it would retain a bit of usefulness).

Honestly, I don't know. Tokens are a mess. Endgame progression based on RNG is a mess. If there's a neat solution it'll be implemented in MPQ2.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    I buy a Classic LT whenever I have 20 CP or more, so this won't affect my spending one bit.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    I went through half my LTs and CPs a few days ago (I was getting close to the ISO to champion a character). Will spend the rest next time I get above 200k.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    scottee wrote:
    You lose .75% chance on OML, but would later have a 6% chance at either OML or GG.

I considered it for awhile then realized I -still- only have three covers of the only character that matters, and some folks say GG is better (yeah...maybe for the last match...the reason you will still see OML -everywhere- is true healing is now utterly broken in this game.)

So I'll just be sitting and trying to save on ISO while it switches over. Hopefully D3 does a better job in a month letting us know percentages before it goes live. Where is that laughy smilie...there it is.... icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    My pull rate on the 15% tokens is worse than it was before they upped it, so maybe if they go back to 10% I won't feel as angry over my 7% pull rate.
  • Vhailorx
    edited July 2016
    well, I suspect that upping the 5* drop rate for two 5* releases in a row is too much to expect from demiurge. So I took the risk and opened my small stockpile of 11 LTs.

icon_e_sad.gif Not exactly bad, but frustrating

2x IMHB covers (champ levels. Very solid)
    1x XFW cover (champ level)
    1x Nova yellowflag.png (9th cover for him, yay!)
    1x x-23 greenflag.png (8th cover for her, still need more red, but yay!)
    1x Pun blackflag.png (4th cover for him, yay!)
    1x Fantastic blueflag.png (technically a cover that I needed. thoroughly meh)
    1x Drax blackflag.png (first black for him, still meh)
    1x Elektra purpleflag.png (she has been 13/13 for more than a year, and is 12 in line for ISO right now, boooo!)
    1x Gwen yellowflag.png (possibly the single worst 4* power in the game not on CHulk, but technically usable for me. Booooo!)
    1x Iceman blueflag.png (heartbreaking. he's sitting at 3/5/3 icon_e_sad.gif )

So I beat my odds in terms of getting usable covers from the tokens; only 2 useless covers. But no 5*s, and that iceman really breaks my heart. Hope Demiurge doesn't pour salt in the wound by upping 5* rates later today. . .
  • LordXberk
    LordXberk Posts: 252 Mover and Shaker
    Still hoarding here. I'm definitely going to wait until Peggy is put in tokens before I consider opening my LTs / CPs.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've been opening my LTs and saving CP anyway, but if I had a bigger stockpile of LTs I'd have opened them before Hulk. Based on the early descriptions, I have no real desire to add him to the roster.
  • Vhailorx
    I've been opening my LTs and saving CP anyway, but if I had a bigger stockpile of LTs I'd have opened them before Hulk. Based on the early descriptions, I have no real desire to add him to the roster.

I would have agreed, based on the early descriptions. But with the bombshell (IMO) that Cthulhu dropped yesterday morning (i.e., that banner and Hulk both spawn at full health whenever a transformation happens), I think Banner might be a real beast. (then again, I still opened my LTs on the thinking that more IM46 or GG covers would still be more valuable to me than a single Banner cover that will languish on my bench for the next year. I am now back to hoarding LTs until the next 5* is announced)
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hulk spawns with full health. Banner comes back with the health he had before transforming.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dropped two hoping for slightly better OML odds. Got Xpool and KP. Not complaining as they are both Champed.
  • Vhailorx
    edited July 2016
    Double post. Sorry.