New Updates To Powered-Up Levels *Updated (07/14/16)

13»

Comments

• Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    I would hazard a guess that this is an attempt to;
    • close the gap between buffed 3s and unbuffed 4s
    • close the gap between buffed 4s and 5s... which won't happen
    • encourage roster diversity to level more characters to reap the buff benefits.
  • dsds
    dsds Posts: 526
    snlf25 wrote:
    dsds wrote:
    snlf25 wrote:
    I think it has something to do with player participation. Seems like everybody has their three toon team for each scenario and they might be realizing or seeing a drop in players giving a **** about new characters. Maybe they are trying to get us to use more characters instead of seeing the vast majority of them as irrelevant. When coupled with the changes to health packs in DDQ maybe they are trying to get us to go harder in PvE and buy more health packs while doing it. I know I've had absolutely no problem with placement even in the Peggy event. People are not going as hard as they used to.

I think people are going harder. I remember how easy it was to hit 1000 or 800. Now, it is so hard to do this without shields. I can lose liek 300-400 points overnight without shielding. I used to only lose up to 150 points. My roster hasn't changed much since.

I'm talking about PvE only, the most universally despised part of the game.
    Depends on your bracket. and depends if it is a new release. I joined prodigal sun 3-4 days late hoping for an easy bracket and to claim the sub rewards. Nope didn't happen. Didn't make it to top 50 once. I am trying really hard at the last sub node. I am top 50 but only because I am semi following the 8 hour schedule.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    After 2 events with new bost levels I feel like it's diminished the value of mid level 5☆s, talking about the 350-400 range. I'm still using my 390 OML but my 390 Phoenix has been benched for 280 (boosted to 377) Cyclops
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    fmftint wrote:
    After 2 events with new bost levels I feel like it's diminished the value of mid level 5☆s, talking about the 350-400 range. I'm still using my 390 OML but my 390 Phoenix has been benched for 280 (boosted to 377) Cyclops

This sounds like a very plausible goal for these revised boost levels. So much for "5*s being usable at much lower levels than other tiers." I am starting to think that soft-capping 5*s and staying at the champed 4* level is the best elder game decision to make right now.