MPQ At Marvel.com: The Hulk (Bruce Banner) - Smash!

David [Hi-Fi] Moore
David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
edited July 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
MPQ fans!

We are very pleased to rip the veil of secrecy off and reveal our latest 5-Star character - The Hulk (Bruce Banner)!

Leap over to Marvel.com right now for first look screenshots, ability details, and more in a chat with D3 Go!'s Josh Austin.

You can FIND IT HERE.

Quote:
"Josh Austin: Dr. Banner will be a huge threat when he’s unleashed in Marvel Puzzle Quest' this week. It’s awesome when Bruce transforms into The Hulk and starts rampaging across the board doing massive damage, and the bits that makes Bruce a 5-star will make him a relentless threat to his opposition."

Comments

• IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    I like how he's unpredictable. Describes the Hulk pretty well. Looks like he's going to fun. But when the Hulk is downed and returns to Banner, does that mean he can become Hulk again? Would he just keep going back and forth or is transforming a one time thing per match?
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Agreed.

It reads like once Hulk is defeated, he reverts back to Banner. But does Banner retain the hit points he had before turning into the hulk?

And can Banner turn back into hulk more than once?

Am I reading it right that the player gets a AI controlled extra move at the start of every turn?

Nitpicking time... Banner is Purple, Green, black... But Hulk appears to only have green and red. Does he have a third color passive/ability?
  • SolidQ
    SolidQ Posts: 247 Tile Toppler
    pheregas wrote:
    Does he have a third color passive/ability?
    I think 3rd - When the Hulk is downed, he returns to Banner form. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • justplainchips
    justplainchips Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    pheregas wrote:
    Nitpicking time... Banner is Purple, Green, black... But Hulk appears to only have green and red. Does he have a third color passive/ability?
    From the pictures in the article, no.

57852dd802c1e.jpg

One question I have is can you have Bruce Banner (The Hulk) and The Hulk (Indestructible) on the same team? (not that they'd necessarily work well or not, just curious) Don't the characters that can't be together generally have the non-parenthetical names match?

I love the transformation back and forth!
  • FaustianDeal
    FaustianDeal Posts: 760 Critical Contributor
    Hitting banner should either: create green tiles, or reduce the transform countdown. (or both)
  • FaustianDeal
    FaustianDeal Posts: 760 Critical Contributor
    Better question: Hulk goes into Latest Legends. Does he join Cap/IM/Goblin or does he bump goblin into the Classic legends?
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    One question I have is can you have Bruce Banner (The Hulk) and The Hulk (Indestructible) on the same team? (not that they'd necessarily work well or not, just curious) Don't the characters that can't be together generally have the non-parenthetical names match?
    His title in the screenshots is The Hulk, so he'll probably be The Hulk (Bruce Banner), which would exclude him from being used with 3* Hulk and Cho.
  • justplainchips
    justplainchips Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    edited July 2016
    His title in the screenshots is The Hulk, so he'll probably be The Hulk (Bruce Banner), which would exclude him from being used with 3* Hulk and Cho.
    You're right. Thanks for pointing that out.
    I was going off of the last question/answer in the article.
    EDIT: And the title to this thread.
    Marvel.com: When do we get to unleash our inner monsters with the new 5-star Hulk?

Josh Austin: Bruce Banner (The Hulk) is available this week on July 14. We also will have a Dark Avengers: Heroic Event and a Colossus PVP event going out this week with plenty of Iso-8, Command Points, a Nova comic cover and more!
  • woopie
    woopie Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    So what's the release like? Is it just 'surprise he's in latest LTs!' ?
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    That's pretty much it. Apart from Cap and IM46, 5*s haven't gotten any sort of release event.
  • woopie
    woopie Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    Bummer, I get not having events for 4*s because of the speed of releases, but if 5*s are supposed to be special, give them each a tough Growth Industry type event to launch.
  • an1979
    an1979 Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    Another variant! Yay!

So when 1* Hulk/Captain America/etc.? icon_mrgreen.gif

Yelena got kicked for a reason.
  • PeterGibbons316
    PeterGibbons316 Posts: 1,063
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]MPQ fans!

We are very pleased to rip the veil of secrecy off and reveal our latest 5-Star character - Bruce Banner (The Hulk)!

Leap over to Marvel.com right now for first look screenshots, ability details, and more in a chat with D3 Go!'s Josh Austin.

You can FIND IT HERE.

Quote:
    "Josh Austin: Dr. Banner will be a huge threat when he’s unleashed in Marvel Puzzle Quest' this week. It’s awesome when Bruce transforms into The Hulk and starts rampaging across the board doing massive damage, and the bits that makes Bruce a 5-star will make him a relentless threat to his opposition."

Awesome! How do we get him?
  • rkd80
    rkd80 Posts: 376
    $$$$$$ of course.
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,411 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ironman and cap had the civil war event, one can hope they rerun ultron or galatus for hulk. However, the sneak peak already has meet rocket and groot and dark avengers heroics for upcoming pve events. Seem unlikely
  • Cunneryn
    Cunneryn Posts: 112
    Yay! Another 5* I'll ever get because rng hates me...(3 58 since christmas (with a lot of tokens opened))
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Great! He can keep these guys company
    ryFLz5i.jpg?1
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Cunneryn wrote:
    Yay! Another 5* I'll never get because rng hates me...(3 58 since christmas (with a lot of tokens opened))

I'll get it, RNG loves to make sure I pay for every roster slot.

It also loves to make sure I don't get many more covers...it can join my seven other 255's with three covers or less. Horray, another 5* that is impossible to cover.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Demiurge's love affair with whales continues while the rest of us plebs can just watch and feel left out.

Throw us a **** bone, guys. Come on. Focus on ONE thing other than new characters for a second...just a second!
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Demiurge's love affair with whales continues while the rest of us plebs can just watch and feel left out.

Throw us a tinykitty bone, guys. Come on. Focus on ONE thing other than new characters for a second...just a second!

They literally just updated the graphics on the ISO/HP store page!