Multiple crashes with latest release

onthebrink
onthebrink Posts: 31
I just updated the app on my iPhone 6 Plus w/iOS 8.3. I've had the app crash twice within the last hour during the Eight is Enough PVP event. The first time was on starting a match, and the second was after beating 2 out of 3 foes and a commanding lead in another match. In both instances, it appears as though the game treated the crashes as retreating, so I lost health & experience in the event. icon_evil.gif

Comments

• DaSal
    DaSal Posts: 76 Match Maker
    Same here. 2 crashes in 10 minutes
  • I have the same problem as well. 3 crashes in 10 minutes and all to easy opponents in the juggernaut story mod. How can a 200+ team lose to a 20 team 3 times!! Pure bull!!
  • cg2912
    cg2912 Posts: 77 Match Maker
    Same here. Drop shield to fight cc and game crashes. Never happened to me before update, at least 5 times since update.
  • MPQ_Daywalker
    MPQ_Daywalker Posts: 384 Mover and Shaker
    Same here. iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 9.3.2. I've had multiple crashes. One was while the game was still loading up (just after the loading screen completed). The most recent and annoying one was in my first match after breaking my shield in the Doc Ock Vs. I had done about 3 moves and the app went away, causing a Vs. loss.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    1 crash beginning shield sim match last night. apparently it crashed before the match officially began because I kept my node and my health. this is why I resist updates.

edit: iphone 6+ running 8.1.2 (yes, I resist updates)
  • fanghoul
    fanghoul Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    edited July 2016
    I've also had the game crashing a lot more for me since the new patch. 5 times in the last couple days, and I haven't even been playing that much. Twice during PvP the 8 is enough PvP matches, 2 times while trying to complete parts of DDQ, and one running a Prodigal Sun mission.

I'm running iOS 9.3.2 on an 5 year old iPad2, which I thought might be the problem, but it sounds there's people with newer devices with the same problem.

Edit: Restarted my iPad, and I haven't actually had any issue with this today.
  • StevO-J
    StevO-J Posts: 751 Critical Contributor
    I have also been having a lot of crashes the since about a day, I think since about the time the update hit. Game almost never used to have a crash at all, now I've had 5 within 24 hours. I'm on an iPhone 4s with iOS 8.4.1.

2 times the crashes were when starting a match, no negative effects aside from restarting the app. Other times were during a match, so that's about 3-6 health packs that could have been saved (and some time that and thus points during the end grind on Juggs Heroic). I think most crashes happened when I got a notification from another app on screen, but that could have been a coincidence.
  • Annoyance
    Annoyance Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
    Add me to the "crashes now" list. Several times in a match, which means I'm losing points in PVP.
  • alphabeta
    alphabeta Posts: 469 Mover and Shaker
    Regular but random crashes also on iphone
  • supergarv
    supergarv Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    +1 on the crash front. Started the App about 10 times today, 4 of those crashed.
  • Spektyrmobile
    Spektyrmobile Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    My install was exhibiting the mismatched hint bug. Now after the update the loader crashes before I can even get into the game. Why, oh why can't there be a roll-back-update feature in the play store. I don't use Facebook so I can't reinstall. Now I'll lose my place in my alliance, and miss out on everything until the next posted update. manacrystal.pngicon_evil.gifmanacrystal.png
  • Windreaver
    Windreaver Posts: 29 Just Dropped In
    edited July 2016
    same here, 3 times launching app and two of them where crash, even before entering in game (was loading on peggy image), and then other two times while doing pvp....

iphone 4s
    iOS 9.3.2
  • TheRealJRad
    TheRealJRad Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    Mine's been crashing as well, but not during the game. If I load the game up, it crashes as soon as the loading hits 100%. If I launch again, it's fine.

This only happens on my iPad, my Galaxy S5 has been fine.

iOS 9.3.2 on a 4G 32Gb Air 2.
  • Laernu
    Laernu Posts: 1
    Oath of the Gatewatch crashed/freezes multiple times while fighting inverter of Truth with OB. Of course after downloading update. So it seems will not be able to complete event because this issue. (Using Samsung Android OS).
  • Varg138
    Varg138 Posts: 128 Tile Toppler
    Same here, iOS, iPad only, though I haven't updated it on my iPhone yet
  • Googlywaa
    Googlywaa Posts: 4
    Hi,

R104 updated today, I've had random crashes in the last couple of updates but it's taken today for me to register and notify you of the user experience I've witnessed today on my iPhone.

I've had 6 crashes in total trying to complete 'The Big Enchilada' in Deadpool's daily, ironically, whilst I just fired up the app to make a note of the specific mission I've been having the problem with, whilst I was trying to navigate Deadpool's Daily menu the app froze and crashed.

Burning through my health packs hurts.

Do you guys need any additional information?

Question, is there an optimal recommend space the app needs to function?

Kind Regards
    Googlywaa
  • Kaazz
    Kaazz Posts: 229 Tile Toppler
    Yep. The game is crashing about once per session. Often in a match, and this morning while I was opening a token. EXTREMELY irritating to "lose" a match against lvl 1 team!!!

iOS 9.3.1 on iPad.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    The new update makes the App crash A LOT. I have never suffered from crashes with this app but now it crashes at least once every time I play. I have suffered crashes after the load screen, boosts screen, opening a token, etc. At least for now the only time I am safe is while fighting, so at least it has not costed me any health pack yet.

iOs user, both in my iPhone 6 Plus and iPad air
  • CoffigDarkGravity
    CoffigDarkGravity Posts: 37 Just Dropped In
    I'm getting tons of crashes since the update as well, I'm using a 2nd generation iPad mini, never had a problem with crashing before until the Peggy update.

Cost me a shield hop during the end of Doc Ock pvp (I updated during a 24-hr shield), and trying to climb for the Beast pvp I've crashed four times now, and I'm only at 300 points with 10 hrs left to go.

Very disappointing considering how much I've spent on this game.
  • Annoyance
    Annoyance Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
    I'm tired of crashing so often in the middle of match. Time to hang this season or maybe even the entire game due to the amount of crashes. If I had to guess, I have a suspicion that it is exhausting memory (either via a leak or just bad cache allocation) since it seems to be crashing for people in different locations, on different devices and configurations, and usually after playing for random amounts of time.
This discussion has been closed.