Should the Daily Resupply reward scheme be changed?

2»

Comments

• Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pylgrim wrote:
    Yeah this is a really good idea, though it seems to me that the 5* level starts a bit too early for real-time progression? Especially since there were no 5*s at the 2-year mark. I'd put that leap around day 850 or so myself.

New players can progress much faster, if they really dive in and get going. And, of course, if they spend, haha. I know my noob account is way ahead of my vet account at same days played .... and I barely touch the noob account!

No 5*s at 2 year mark? They were announced in early Sept 2015 and Surfer dropped 9/10/15, if creaky memory serves, 1 month before the 2nd anniversary.

I know, I know, Surfer isn't a "real" 5* and the advent of OML is all that matters icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif He dropped 10/5/15, 1 week before the 2yr mark.According to the calendar anyway .... the 2nd anniversary was held a week early, again, if aged memory serves.

Hrrm then it is my memory the one which is creaky. And yeah, I guess that with VIP giving legendary tokens to everybody, regardless of progression, new players will have amassed 5*s already well beyond that point. Can't say I like it, but that's how it is.
  • fanghoul
    fanghoul Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    Replacing the Standard Tokens with Heroic ones in the random grab bag seems like it could be a good idea. Even at 100 days of playing, Standard tokens are almost always worthless to me, let alone the 1,000 days some people are at now. Getting what's probably a 2*, that can at least be used towards pushing a champion up the ranks, would feel a lot better than getting the opportunity to hit a bunch more buttons open the pack, then the roster, then sell a cover for 100 iso.
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Boy, I sure wish some handsome, cultured, intelligent, clever, good-smelling individual had taken the time to post something very on-topic somewhere else...
    El Satanno wrote:
    (Please just pretend my name is red)

Hey guys! It's been a long time since we took a serious look at how the daily resupply reflects the status of the game. Between the rapid expansion of higher-tier characters, the introduction of Command Points, the narrowed application of Hero Points, and the chances of truly underwhelming rewards (standard tokens after 6 months?!), we've come to the conclusion that your loyalty really deserves a lot more. In response, we've decided to completely revamp how the resupply works.

Instead of a single ladder that all too frequently ends up giving rewards that are inappropriate for players at any given stage, there will now be a Resupply Vault greeting you for every day that you log in. It will look and act like a token vault and every Resupply Vault will have 30 items in it. The vault cannot be shuffled and will not refresh until all 30 items have been pulled from it. Once your Resupply Vault is exhausted it will be replaced with a new one, and the prizes within will ratchet up! We're still working out the finer details, but it'll be something like this:

Vault I-II (1-30/31-60 days played):
    • 5 x 70 Iso
    • 5 x 140 Iso
    • 5 x silver token
    • 3 x 250 Iso
    • 3 x All AP Boost (5)
    • 3 x 50 Hero Points
    • 3 x Heroic token
    • 3 x random 2* cover

Vault III-IV (61-90/91-120 days played):
    • 5 x 140 Iso
    • 5 x 250 Iso
    • 5 x Heroic token
    • 3 x 500 Iso
    • 3 x All AP Boost (10)
    • 3 x 100 Hero Points
    • 5 x random 2* cover
    • 1 x random 3* cover

Jumping ahead to Vault X (301-330):
    • 3 x 500 Iso
    • 3 x Heroic token
    • 5 x 1000 Iso
    • 5 x random 3* cover
    • 3 x 2500 Iso
    • 3 x 250 Hero Points
    • 5 x random 4* cover
    • 1 x 25 Command Points
    • 1 x Legendary token
    • 1 x random 5* cover

In addition, we realize that many of you are approaching triple digits(!) and will feel slighted that you've missing out on this new goodness. Fear not! After the resupply vaults go live, you'll be treated to triple pulls until your vault catches up to where it ought to be! That's right: You will literally not miss a single reward! We know that those early vaults are going to be rather uninteresting, but every ten days you'll be stepping up and we are confident that the wealth you accumulate will quickly make up the difference.

We know you're really going to enjoy this new system and hope that you continue playing our game! Enjoy!
  • padei_panda
    padei_panda Posts: 55 Match Maker
    I voted option 1.

I am not sure if it has already been mentioned, but I would like a feature where we can skip some days for the "late-comers". To explain:
    I started playing the game about 10 months after release, and have pretty much logged every day except a few. I will be on day 730 today so yay, I get a Silver Surfer cover... but wait, I am not feeling the excitement as there are many better 5* released since then. The point is, I will always be 270 days behind the latest rewards - that's 9 months away!! And given the release schedule, all this new stuff that comes out during the 9 months will be mediocre when I get them in 9 months' time...

So what I really want is some function to add some days to the supply reward counter if you log in for some length of time, i.e. log for 7 days continuous, gain 2 more days; 14 days continuous, gain 5 days; 28 days, gain 14 days extra.
    What about the rewards for those skipped days? Well, I am happy to forfeit it so long as it is NOT a PREMIUM reward (i.e. 3* cover or better, HP, CP, LT, and high ISO). So an example of how it works is if you logged for 28 days straight, you add 42 days to the counter but you gain all the PREMIUM rewards (say, 18 of them) and then the remainder (that is, 10) of the other rewards in random.

Benefits: This will motivate to me log in continuous so I can catch up.
    Because as it stands now, the only thing I look forward to in the Daily Supply are the CP, the OML cover (in 3 months' time) and the LT (starting in 6 months' time). These ARE THE ONLY THINGS that will help my roster, which is the chance for 5* (and limited 4* covers).
  • padei_panda
    padei_panda Posts: 55 Match Maker
    $100 for 100 days, no way.
    Imagine if you started MPQ today. There are about 1000 days in Supply Reward now, that means you are almost 3 years behind and just to "catch up" so you can get any meaningful rewards, you have to fork out $1000... pretty unlikely for any new person to commit to that price. If I was in this position, I would trial the game for 1 week, realize I am way behind the reward graph and delete the game.

Try more like $10 for 100 days... then it might entice some people.