For Victory post-mortem

2»

Comments

• Lilith
    Lilith Posts: 65 Match Maker
    Wouldn't KK count for the purple/green? Adds in a bit more board control, and some lovely AoE with some pops of healing here and there.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Lilith wrote:
    Wouldn't KK count for the purple/green? Adds in a bit more board control, and some lovely AoE with some pops of healing here and there.

I think pylgrim was being sarcastic because purple/green may be the strongest color pair in the game (it certainly is in 3* and 4* land. Not so much for the 5*s).

Iron fist
    Kamala khan
    Scarlet witch
    Jean grey
    Iceman
    Red hulk

That's six of the best characters in the game just off the top of my head. . .
  • Meander
    Meander Posts: 267 Mover and Shaker
    You know who's purple/green? Loki. Just sayin.
  • Natsufan01
    Natsufan01 Posts: 259 Mover and Shaker
    I didn't notice much of a difference on my end, which was great. Since my only champed 4* is Rulk, I am already used to waiting until 18 green to fire the power, which was not affected by this. His purple did cost 2 more, but that wasn't a significant deterrent. Matches still went quickly without hurting my ability to fire my powers much, while making a significant difference in the opponents ability to fire their powers. I would imagine IMHB would be similar. Yes you could fire his red at 9 normally, but it's good to wait until it's stronger, so firing it at 11 wouldn't be much of a hindrance. Even at 5 yellow, Rulk would still be able to fire at 18 green, so I see him as a pretty good deterrent to Peggy. Now Peggy and Quake together, that's one that could cause problems.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vhailorx wrote:
    Lilith wrote:

I think pylgrim was being sarcastic because purple/green may be the strongest color pair in the game (it certainly is in 3* and 4* land. Not so much for the 5*s).

Iron fist
    Kamala khan
    Scarlet witch
    Jean grey
    Iceman
    Red hulk

More playful than sarcastic, but yeah.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    loroku wrote:
    Vhailorx wrote:
    Also: the new reward structure should be implemented across the board.
    Considering the next event doesn't have the same structure, I'm guessing this was a special one-off for the holiday. Which is sad, because you're right. I absolutely spent more HP on shields in this event than I ever have before. Eh well.

Even if it was just for 4* debut PvPs, that'd still be way better than what we have now.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Even if it was just for 4* debut PvPs, that'd still be way better than what we have now.
    yes. a reasonable shot at a 1/1/1 would be great without having to t10 something. unfortunately without the vault I still wouldn't be 1/1/1, I'd be -/1/3.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    TxMoose wrote:
    yes. a reasonable shot at a 1/1/1 would be great without having to t10 something. unfortunately without the vault I still wouldn't be 1/1/1, I'd be -/1/3.

Problem is that the 800 point cover was the same as the top 100 cover in her PVE release. But I agree that an achievable 1/1/1 would be nice. I suspect that demiurge will not do it, however, because they want people to throw down cash in order to get that first cover of each color

Someone else suggested several months ago that every character release should come with a guaranteed single cover, and I really don't see a downside to that system. just like the expiring cover mechanic, it would put a lot of pressure on players to add more roster slots. And 1/13th of a character is basically useless outside of essentials. Whales will still whale, and everyone will have to see covers or buy roster slots every two weeks.
  • Lilith
    Lilith Posts: 65 Match Maker
    Vhailorx wrote:
    Lilith wrote:

Iron fist
    Kamala khan
    Scarlet witch
    Jean grey
    Iceman
    Red hulk

icon_redface.gif There's me being too literal in the middle of the day. I need (and needed) more caffeine
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    Natsufan01 wrote:
    I didn't notice much of a difference on my end, which was great. Since my only champed 4* is Rulk, I am already used to waiting until 18 green to fire the power, which was not affected by this. His purple did cost 2 more, but that wasn't a significant deterrent. Matches still went quickly without hurting my ability to fire my powers much, while making a significant difference in the opponents ability to fire their powers. I would imagine IMHB would be similar. Yes you could fire his red at 9 normally, but it's good to wait until it's stronger, so firing it at 11 wouldn't be much of a hindrance. Even at 5 yellow, Rulk would still be able to fire at 18 green, so I see him as a pretty good deterrent to Peggy.

I used my champed Rulk as well, along with my newly champed 4* Cyke, and he worked for the same reasons you describe: self-accelerator who's double damage qualifer (10 Team up for Cyke) isn't effected by Peggy's yellow. Worked really well to get me to that 1000pt yellow cover reward without much reprisal. (of course a lot of that was due to the weak 4* being boosted that week too.) I missed out on a black power option, but when the others are that good, it doesn't matter.