Our almost 1,000 days together

2»

Comments

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2016
    snipington wrote:
    While I understand your point of how 3,000 ISO is such a small percentage of what you need to level your characters, it is still a large amount to get for simply logging in that day. Hopefully we can get a change in what is earned from playing the game. I have hope for changes coming since we have recently seen the change in alliance log in rewards.

Sorry snipington, I just don't agree.

3,000 iso might be a lot for 1*, 2*, and maybe even 3* players, but it simply isn't a lot for 4* and 5* players. (and this reward isn't just for logging in, it's for logging in for the 999th day of play. That's more than 33 months of playtime!)

I have a fairly modest iso gap for a veteran player (I am still building out my 4* roster, having only 5 4* champs) of somewhere between 3.5 and 5 million (haven't calculated it precisely any time recently). Many other vets on this board require 2 or even 3 times that to max out their current rosters.

3k a day is a pittance for any 4* player. Even for my modest iso gap, that isn't even .08% of my current needs. And that's not counting the new 5* coming out later this month, or the next 4* coming out two weeks after that, etc.

The fact that you and the devs think that 3k is a big iso reward is exactly the problem that I and many others are trying to emphasize.
  • Juggernut
    Juggernut Posts: 10 Just Dropped In
    chaos01 wrote:
    brisashi wrote:
    3000 iso - less than 1% of what you need to get a 4* leveled

Iso rewards really need to be evaluated. The game considers anything above 500 to be a big reward and anything over 1000 to be a huge reward. It takes around 70k just to level a 2* character.

This type of response is why we can't have nice stuff and likely why communication is lacking. They come out and change to give more and people instantly flame that it's not enough...

How was that even remotely offensive? He merely stated facts. It's a basic consumer right and responsibility to point out these discrepancies. That micro increase in Iso is almost not even worth mentioning (thanks for that spider man though) due to the fact that the developers keep churning out "new" heroes, thus requiring exponentially much more Iso to level. Now this wouldn't be an issue if the game was made in such a way that you don't have to level your characters to progress. Want to do well in PVP? Level up your required hero. Want to do well in PVE? Level up your hero, assuming you even have those required heroes for those special nodes. Want to beat that daily deadpool 4* node? You've guessed it, level up you hero.

The core design of the game is what we have now and that's fine, but the gap between Iso required and Iso available is absolutely horrendous if you want to progress. Instead of taking the time and the bundles of money that we throw at them to add new content and fixing core issues, the developers decide to churn out more heroes and rehash old ones just to let us battle the dark avengers once more. Defending their shenanigans will only encourage them to do more.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Honestly, leaving aside the question of whether that was flamebait or a polite, legitimate concern, an opportunity was missed here.

There's been discussion of 'how can we revise the daily resupply to make it more relevant given the changes to the meta?' and the answer has generally been 'well we can't because veterans would **** about what they've missed.'

Which, okay, fair. But the opportunity was there to make a change and use the 999, 1000, 1001 days to show some largesse and tell the 1000 day vets "okay I know you've been getting standard tokens for almost 3 years and you haven't needed them for probably 2 1/2 of those, and people coming up behind you are getting better rewards than you got, so here's a lump sum celebration to make you whole. Thanks for sticking with us all this time." Obviously it would be really hard to pin that so that everybody was getting exactly the same overall rewards. Maybe impossible.

But it would have allowed them to implement whatever "fix" they might have been contemplating to the resupply (the cover rewards probably aren't something they can mess with, but the drop rates of standard tokens or ISO in the daily resupply, sure) and still provided those 1000-day vets with enough ISO to mitigate most concerns that those vets might have had.
  • snipington wrote:
    While I understand your point of how 3,000 ISO is such a small percentage of what you need to level your characters, it is still a large amount to get for simply logging in that day. Hopefully we can get a change in what is earned from playing the game. I have hope for changes coming since we have recently seen the change in alliance log in rewards.
    You can get close to twice that just by logging in and playing DDQ. You can get 2000 from your alliance for "simply logging in", and 3700 from DDQ which for anybody at 1000 days of playing is akin to "simply logging in".

So I would disagree that it's a large sum for 1000 days of play, sorry.

(Unrelated, manapw.png looks like the Black Lantern symbol to me. Cool stuff.)
  • Cthulhu wrote:
    Hello All!

999, 1000 and 1001 have some good rewards in store, at 999 you get 3000 iso, 1000 you will receive a Spider-Man (back in black) and at 1001 you will get 100 hero points.

icon_greengoblin.png Cthulhu icon_greengoblin.png
    Thank you for your post. I do not post much here, but I do read the forums. Seeing official responses is always valuable and appreciated.
  • Imatchthree
    Imatchthree Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    Wow the 1k day rewards look **** cept for the 5*. 3k iso and 100hp????

Sad was looking forward to it in the very near future but not now.
  • bpcontra
    bpcontra Posts: 176
    "I wanna know what love issssssss.....I want you to shoooowwww meeeeee!"
  • Nellobee
    Nellobee Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    The 5* Spidey cover is just the every-90-days one anyway.
  • Cascad
    Cascad Posts: 38 Just Dropped In
    As for me 1000 days of playing the game is something Unique.Even if just log in. Just for a moment it is 3 years. And not all players will go so far. I'm on day 650. And im not sure today i will reach 1000day. Especially know that it is nothing there for me. Even Dino on 365 looks better.
    And this game.. it ask me to want better rewards. But i'am stuck in 3* and just grab iso and do my champions better. It is ok.
    For 1000 day's people if i were A DEV i will send a personal letter with thanks and 300 000 iso , 3000 HP, 75 CP ( 3 legendary tokens) . All is 3 because you three year ( 3 tinikity years of human life do you hear me????!!!!) was spent with you. 100 hp is nothing, 3000 is nothing.
    This game easier so start again than continue everyday playing.
    So maybe it is polite answer of DEV and so on, but my government polite with me also, it doesnt mean that everything working correct and everybodys happy. And do something for government means money, 300 000 iso and 3000 hp just some KB of info.
    That's my point of view.
    Disappointment.
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    (Please just pretend my name is red)

Hey guys! It's been a long time since we took a serious look at how the daily resupply reflects the status of the game. Between the rapid expansion of higher-tier characters, the introduction of Command Points, the narrowed application of Hero Points, and the chances of truly underwhelming rewards (standard tokens after 6 months?!), we've come to the conclusion that your loyalty really deserves a lot more. In response, we've decided to completely revamp how the resupply works.

Instead of a single ladder that all too frequently ends up giving rewards that are inappropriate for players at any given stage, there will now be a Resupply Vault greeting you for every day that you log in. It will look and act like a token vault and every Resupply Vault will have 30 items in it. The vault cannot be shuffled and will not refresh until all 30 items have been pulled from it. Once your Resupply Vault is exhausted it will be replaced with a new one, and the prizes within will ratchet up! We're still working out the finer details, but it'll be something like this:

Vault I-II (1-30/31-60 days played):
    • 5 x 70 Iso
    • 5 x 140 Iso
    • 5 x silver token
    • 3 x 250 Iso
    • 3 x All AP Boost (5)
    • 3 x 50 Hero Points
    • 3 x Heroic token
    • 3 x random 2* cover

Vault III-IV (61-90/91-120 days played):
    • 5 x 140 Iso
    • 5 x 250 Iso
    • 5 x Heroic token
    • 3 x 500 Iso
    • 3 x All AP Boost (10)
    • 3 x 100 Hero Points
    • 5 x random 2* cover
    • 1 x random 3* cover

Jumping ahead to Vault X (301-330):
    • 3 x 500 Iso
    • 3 x Heroic token
    • 5 x 1000 Iso
    • 5 x random 3* cover
    • 3 x 2500 Iso
    • 3 x 250 Hero Points
    • 5 x random 4* cover
    • 1 x 25 Command Points
    • 1 x Legendary token
    • 1 x random 5* cover

In addition, we realize that many of you are approaching triple digits(!) and will feel slighted that you've missing out on this new goodness. Fear not! After the resupply vaults go live, you'll be treated to triple pulls until your vault catches up to where it ought to be! That's right: You will literally not miss a single reward! We know that those early vaults are going to be rather uninteresting, but every ten days you'll be stepping up and we are confident that the wealth you accumulate will quickly make up the difference.

We know you're really going to enjoy this new system and hope that you continue playing our game! Enjoy!
  • Cascad
    Cascad Posts: 38 Just Dropped In
    El Satanno wrote:
    (Please just pretend my name is red)

Hey guys! It's been a long time since we took a serious look at how the daily resupply reflects the status of the game. Between the rapid expansion of higher-tier characters, the introduction of Command Points, the narrowed application of Hero Points, and the chances of truly underwhelming rewards (standard tokens after 6 months?!), we've come to the conclusion that your loyalty really deserves a lot more. In response, we've decided to completely revamp how the resupply works.

Instead of a single ladder that all too frequently ends up giving rewards that are inappropriate for players at any given stage, there will now be a Resupply Vault greeting you for every day that you log in. It will look and act like a token vault and every Resupply Vault will have 30 items in it. The vault cannot be shuffled and will not refresh until all 30 items have been pulled from it. Once your Resupply Vault is exhausted it will be replaced with a new one, and the prizes within will ratchet up! We're still working out the finer details, but it'll be something like this:

Vault I-II (1-30/31-60 days played):
    • 5 x 70 Iso
    • 5 x 140 Iso
    • 5 x silver token
    • 3 x 250 Iso
    • 3 x All AP Boost (5)
    • 3 x 50 Hero Points
    • 3 x Heroic token
    • 3 x random 2* cover

Vault III-IV (61-90/91-120 days played):
    • 5 x 140 Iso
    • 5 x 250 Iso
    • 5 x Heroic token
    • 3 x 500 Iso
    • 3 x All AP Boost (10)
    • 3 x 100 Hero Points
    • 5 x random 2* cover
    • 1 x random 3* cover

Jumping ahead to Vault X (301-330):
    • 3 x 500 Iso
    • 3 x Heroic token
    • 5 x 1000 Iso
    • 5 x random 3* cover
    • 3 x 2500 Iso
    • 3 x 250 Hero Points
    • 5 x random 4* cover
    • 1 x 25 Command Points
    • 1 x Legendary token
    • 1 x random 5* cover

In addition, we realize that many of you are approaching triple digits(!) and will feel slighted that you've missing out on this new goodness. Fear not! After the resupply vaults go live, you'll be treated to triple pulls until your vault catches up to where it ought to be! That's right: You will literally not miss a single reward! We know that those early vaults are going to be rather uninteresting, but every ten days you'll be stepping up and we are confident that the wealth you accumulate will quickly make up the difference.

We know you're really going to enjoy this new system and hope that you continue playing our game! Enjoy!

I don't like vault idea. Progress must be the same for all. And it is difficult to choose exact day for something special like Dino covers for example. And vault it is random again. I like current system, i dont like the rewards. But IMHO