Our almost 1,000 days together

billsrule7
billsrule7 Posts: 46
edited July 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Dear Demiurge,

Hard to believe, but it has been almost 1,000 days since we first met. 1,000 days. Who would have thought we'd last this long? I still remember our first few moments together. Your flashy colors looked so pretty that day. Was it pink or purple you were wearing? Oh, it doesn't matter. Because you had my heart from that moment on. I don't think that we've spent even 1 day apart since that first day!

We've been together through some pretty rough times. Remember true healing? Or the CMags nerf? Oh, good times. Good memories.

And here we are. 1,000 days later. 3 or 4 phone upgrades, so many drained batteries, late night shield hops, looking at you until my eyes hurt (literally). In those beginning days I had never spent any money on a mobile game. But you kept wooing me until I finally gave in.

And even though I haven't heard from you in months, I've stuck with you, even when other games like Star Wars GOH are trying to tear me away. Nevertheless, here we are, 1,000 days together! And I wonder......how will you mark this wonderful occasion?

You gave some wonderful presents to mark our 820 & 910 days together. (You tried so hard on day 730, who knew then that your present would be outdated so quickly?)

I'm thinking that you should go all out to celebrate this many days together! Show me how much you care! Tell me that you love and appreciate me.

Oh course, maybe what I think communicates love isn't what you think. I can't tell you how disappointing it was this morning to find a standard token waiting for me. See, that just communicates that you don't seem to care about me, that you're taking me for granted. I don't think that is what you want to say to me, but sadly your silence and gifts such as these seem to imply this.

I'm not ready to give up on you yet, but how you mark this occasion will help clear up any confusion that I'm feeling about us. So show me that you haven't forgotten, that you remember me, and appreciate the time that we've spent together.

Hoping for many more years of memories.....

IGN: Foster

Comments

• TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    * Adele's "When We Were Young" plays softly in the background
  • Cascad
    Cascad Posts: 38 Just Dropped In
    *sounds of drop tears*
    or *tears drops*...Hmmm...
    billsrule7 icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    This was Great. Its nice to see not all vets retire in bitter disappointment.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Day 977 here, and I feel quite similar.

I don't know why communication stopped like it did, it is quite sad, and it doesn't help at all.This game has been an oddity in my life, I have never been playing the same game for so long. I really enjoy it sometimes but I also really hate it other times, and I have never had this love/hate relationship with a game before (and I hope I never do in the future).

Scaling and lack of iso remain my biggest concerns for the future, and if they are not fixed it may be the end of the game for me.

PS: I hope that at least we have a big present for the 1000 day (it is supposed to be a 5 Spidey cover, but it would be nice if it was something bigger).
  • WEBGAS
    WEBGAS Posts: 474 Mover and Shaker
    DAY 640 here...and I feel I am reaching the breaking point....no fun....too much efforts for the same critical boosts or 70 iso....too much characters that lay on a dusty slot for over six months waiting to have enough covers to be useful....but then they lack on iso icon_e_sad.gif
    Is this the kind of game I wanna play?
    Not sure icon_e_confused.gif
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    Polares wrote:
    I don't know why communication stopped like it did, it is quite sad, and it doesn't help at all.This woman has been an oddity in my life, I have never been with the same woman for so long. I really enjoy her sometimes but I also really hate her other times, and I have never had this love/hate relationship with a woman before (and I hope I never do in the future)....

-edited your post for humor. Sorry couldn't help myself icon_e_biggrin.gif .

P.S. Any ladies feel free to edit again to change the gender. icon_razz.gif
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Or gay dudes!
  • Cthulhu
    Cthulhu ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 410 Site Admin
    Hello All!

999, 1000 and 1001 have some good rewards in store, at 999 you get 3000 iso, 1000 you will receive a Spider-Man (back in black) and at 1001 you will get 100 hero points.

icon_greengoblin.png Cthulhu icon_greengoblin.png
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    billsrule7 wrote:
    Was it pink or purple you were wearing? Oh, it doesn't matter.

giphy.gif
  • brisashi
    brisashi Posts: 418 Mover and Shaker
    3000 iso - less than 1% of what you need to get a 4* leveled

Iso rewards really need to be evaluated. The game considers anything above 500 to be a big reward and anything over 1000 to be a huge reward. It takes around 70k just to level a 2* character.
  • billsrule7
    billsrule7 Posts: 46
    Glad that I could make you guys laugh. It was fun writing it! While ideally I would really love more as a way to celebrate 1,000(!!) days of logging in and playing, I'm mostly just glad that we don't get a critical boost or a standard token!

IGN: Foster
    Alliance: BestPainS
  • chaos01
    chaos01 Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    brisashi wrote:

Iso rewards really need to be evaluated. The game considers anything above 500 to be a big reward and anything over 1000 to be a huge reward. It takes around 70k just to level a 2* character.

This type of response is why we can't have nice stuff and likely why communication is lacking. They come out and change to give more and people instantly flame that it's not enough...
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well, at least 8 of us have already liked Cthulhu's post, so as of now, the love outweighs the hate! Remember to be nice to our Reds!!
  • It may be too late for this, but if I may make a request, please make the BSSM cover his green. You know, just for me. I mean, less than two weeks before our 1k day anniversary! I know I'm excited.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Cthulhu wrote:
    Hello All!

999, 1000 and 1001 have some good rewards in store, at 999 you get 3000 iso, 1000 you will receive a Spider-Man (back in black) and at 1001 you will get 100 hero points.

icon_greengoblin.png Cthulhu icon_greengoblin.png

Sweet. Only 297 days until I get there!

(at least I get Silver Surfer in about a month)
  • LordXberk
    LordXberk Posts: 252 Mover and Shaker
    On day 468 here and figure that by the time I'm getting 5* rewards in Daily Supply we will have 7* characters. Yay!
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    chaos01 wrote:
    brisashi wrote:

This type of response is why we can't have nice stuff and likely why communication is lacking. They come out and change to give more and people instantly flame that it's not enough...

I disagree completely.

The response was polite, to the point and 100% correct. iso DOES need to be re-evaluated. That has been true for months; it has been stated by players for months.

Personally, i would have added a thank you to Cthulhu for the info (*thanks Cthulhu!*), but I don't think it's fair to characterize brisashi's post as hate or flame.

Imo, Cthulhu's response just highlights the problem. 3k iso is a trivial amount of at the 5* level. I don't use that word lightly. Its takes more than half a million iso to level a single 5*, and 400k to level a 4*. And we get two of those a month. And the reward for almost 3 years of play is less than 1% of one character, for which you also need 13 covers and a roster slot? It's trivial.

So while I very much appreciate red name comments, I am also very sorry to say that there is a massive gap between what the devs seem to consider compelling rewards and what actually compels the player base.
  • Argon Flame
    Argon Flame Posts: 98 Match Maker
    The communications began to dry up once IceIX left us. That was right after the Galactus "you're meant to lose" debacle. Since then they've been pretty gun-shy. But then who can blame them? They're just the front line that has to deal with us.

Personally I want to keep playing but the longer the game just ambles from new 4* to new 4* without any new content the less inclination I have to do so.
  • While I understand your point of how 3,000 ISO is such a small percentage of what you need to level your characters, it is still a large amount to get for simply logging in that day. Hopefully we can get a change in what is earned from playing the game. I have hope for changes coming since we have recently seen the change in alliance log in rewards.
  • brisashi
    brisashi Posts: 418 Mover and Shaker
    chaos01 wrote:
    brisashi wrote:

I am grateful Cthulhu chimed in, I should have mentioned that as well.