Juggs

matthatter
matthatter Posts: 151 Tile Toppler
edited July 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
So, I finally decided to add Juggs to my roster and scrap Iron Man. Primarily because of a "if you can't beat them, join them" mentality. I was looking at his abilities and was a bit disappointed that he only has the two, so max level is 40. And he only has two strong colors to match. Heavens know that when I do DDQ w/ my 1:star: I wanna do as much damage as I can with as many colors as I can!
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• Bossblack
    Bossblack Posts: 80 Match Maker
    He is the only one I used for DDQ 1st node. His red is one shot one kill.
  • huktonfonix
    huktonfonix Posts: 214 Tile Toppler
    He is by far the most powerful 1*, can easily handle the only thing you need him for as-is, and is miserable to face when boosted in PVE or balance of power. Why would we want him to be buffed? I think OML is the only character (arguably) less deserving of a buff.
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    I_m_the_Juggernaut_****_.jpg

I'm the Juggernaut! - 0 yellowtile.png AP
    (PASSIVE)
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    matthatter wrote:
    And he only has two strong colors to match.

Black is his third color. It just doesn't have an ability.
  • We_are_Venom
    We_are_Venom Posts: 308 Mover and Shaker
    He should be more than a 1*, and minimum 3*. A passive is a no doubter and should be related to the idea once he's moving he's unstoppable. I would do something like:

When Juggernaut matches red or green the following turn his unstoppable momentum gains +1 red/green .

So cover 1 +1 green, cover 2 +1 red, cover 3 +1 more green for a 4 match green, cover 4 +1 more 4 match red, cover 5 +1 more 5 match red or green.

So a 5 match green would give 8 ap lol.

Raise headbutt and green power cost
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm voting no - not because I think he's overpowered as-is, but if he had a third power to worry about I wouldn't want to fight him when he's overclocked in PvE. He can already do serious damage requiring health pack usage with either two matches or minimal goon feeding, plus cause hideous cascades. Getting extra generation or strike tiles off a black power would be hideous to fight unless they seriously nerf his level in the PvE's related to him.

He's a 1* that does what he needs to in DDQ. Fiction-wise it's unfortunate they used him as a 1*, because he's way better than that in the Universe - on par with most 3*, IMO. He'll never get his due because he doesn't have a popular variant, so he's stuck with his lot - two powers that are relatively devastating when boosted to match player rosters.

If they made the existing abilities more expensive I think a third power would be in order, but the player base as it stands would hate that - he's almost exclusively used to finish 1* DDQ quickly. Dragging out another red match to topple the hero would be a pain (especially if, like me, your 1* DDQ board has a strong tendency to lack red).
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    I vote no 3rd power, but make an 8th day juggy 5*.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I remember when Juggs would take away upwards of 5000, practically 10,000 hit points on a headbutt. Gosh, I don't miss those days.

I wouldn't be opposed to a 4* or 5* Jugs. He is very powerful, and that would be terrifying.

If 1* juggs got a third power, then it would need to be something relatively fun and weak.

PVEs can sometimes be a nightmare of endless power moves icon_juggernaut.pnggreenflag.png -> icon_venom.pngpurpleflag.png -> icon_daken.pngblueflag.png -> repeat, repeat, with some icon_juggernaut.pngredflag.png and icon_venom.pngblackflag.png thrown in as well...
  • dsds
    dsds Posts: 526
    Don't forget, he can be used in balance of power. I see so many of him there. But then again a lot of people don't fight in off season pvps. Although I find he heals the slowest out of all the 1* characters.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    dsds wrote:
    Don't forget, he can be used in balance of power. I see so many of him there. But then again a lot of people don't fight in off season pvps. Although I find he heals the slowest out of all the 1* characters.
    not any more. last BoP I don't think I faced a jugs once. BoP is why some whales kept 1 or 2 covered jugs at level 1 because they healed much faster with no levels in them, but 1s just don't scale like they used to. if I remember right it was mostly solid 4s with some support 3s that I saw the most. boosted 4s are very, very strong.
  • dsds
    dsds Posts: 526
    Damn, I was still using him. No wonder I got attacked so many times last time.
  • Nellobee
    Nellobee Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    Juggernaut from Fear Itself seems like a good 4* concept.
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    Sure, he can have a black passive:

(Passive): Juggernaut can't be higher level than level 80, even if matchmaking would normally make him stronger than that.

That seems like a nice, reasonable buff (to the player experience).
  • matthatter
    matthatter Posts: 151 Tile Toppler
    or this:

e7af1d24d138cbf7bb258ec105a2a6d8.jpg
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Juggs is very weak and I always struggle to survive the 1* DDQ node every day. But I have him on my roster because he is my favourite and there are no other juggernauts in the game and please give him the 3rd ability and thank you devs.
  • ThatOneGuyjp189512
    ThatOneGuyjp189512 Posts: 543 Critical Contributor
    TxMoose wrote:
    dsds wrote:
    not any more. last BoP I don't think I faced a jugs once. BoP is why some whales kept 1 or 2 covered jugs at level 1 because they healed much faster with no levels in them, but 1s just don't scale like they used to. if I remember right it was mostly solid 4s with some support 3s that I saw the most. boosted 4s are very, very strong.

yeah they majorly nerfed the scaling past max level for everything below 4*, he used to do 10k at 270 in previous BoP's, he only did 11k at 550 in the last one, healthwise he's still kind of crazy but not the OP Juggs of the past sadly.
  • Marine8394
    Marine8394 Posts: 301 Mover and Shaker
    Hmmmm. A VILLIAN of VILLAINS! Oh my he is too hard. That's the point! That is what the game lacks. He is/oh shoot wait he was a just what Juggernaut is, an unstoppable force of a VILLIAN. Let's nerf a 1*. Because he is too hard. Ffff that. That's the point of being heroic. Overcoming impossible odds. Finding complimentary companions/teammates that work with u to stop an impossible enemy. Wait now this is where I hear an argument about....whatever. This deebag of a VILLIAN has had VILLAINS side with hero's to stop him. Let's just keep churning out heroes. Because life means coming in 1007 means the same as first it's just a different colored token. Right? VILLAINS! More, MORE and more powerful VILLAINS!

Just saying.
  • The Herald
    The Herald Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    The game is pretty starved for villains. Really wouldn't mind seeing a higher level Juggernaut variant. I really like the character I both comics AND in game.
  • Tryke
    Tryke Posts: 320 Mover and Shaker
    His third match colour is already black so here it is:

blacktile.png Momentum (Passive) blacktile.png
    Whenever Juggernaut casts an ability, gain 1 green and 1 red ap.
    2: 2 green, 2 red
    3: 3 green, 3 red
    4: 4 green, 4 red
    5: 8 green, 8 red

It isn't a proper Juggernaut ability unless he's casting his spells every single turn and annoying the **** out of you. icon_twisted.gif
  • Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Just give him an unstunable passive. He is the unstoppable Juggernaut, except for all the different ways he can be stopped.