Who should get the Bagman Treatment for 3* and 4*?

Konman
Konman Posts: 410 Mover and Shaker
edited July 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Recently Yelena Belova, an inconsequential 1* character, was removed from token pulls for some reason. Bagman, jettisoned some time ago, was the innovator of this maneuver.

There are certainly character's in other tier levels that are at least as deserving of this move.

I would suggest Vision for 3*, he has only ever worked well when he was broken, and they fixed him.

Cho from the 4*s. Everything about Cho annoys me. The art, the abilities, the mental image of him bouncing around the screen for 2 months...nothing in the game is more frustrating for me than spending a Legendary Token and pulling a Cho.

So what would be your suggestions for other tier characters getting the Bagman Treatment?

Comments

• mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have all 2*s and 3*s championed, so I'd rather they all stay...
  • Meander
    Meander Posts: 267 Mover and Shaker
    As long as vision pumps out top tier 4* covers, he can stay. As long as championing exists, I think all 3* are valid, even rags and sentry, who give X-23 and rulk if I remember correct. 4's on the other hand are too expensive to randomly champ, so any suggestion of IW, Mr F, or Chulk would be fine.
  • Fratriarch
    Fratriarch Posts: 27 Just Dropped In
    Meander wrote:
    As long as vision pumps out top tier 4* covers, he can stay. As long as championing exists, I think all 3* are valid, even rags and sentry, who give X-23 and rulk if I remember correct. 4's on the other hand are too expensive to randomly champ, so any suggestion of IW, Mr F, or Chulk would be fine.

Mr Fantastic isn't all that bad (carnage), and IW just needs some finetuning in her qs combo.
    Cho is unsalvagable and should be reworked completely or hidden.
  • mckauhu
    mckauhu Posts: 740 Critical Contributor
    Sentry and Cho
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    mckauhu wrote:
    Sentry and Cho

Cho seems like the obvious one. I'd say Doc Ock (or Psylock) for 3*.
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    mckauhu wrote:
    Sentry and Cho

Cho seems like the obvious one. I'd say Doc Ock (or Psylock) for 3*.

Not Doc Ock. If for no other reason than he's basically the best 3* defense you have against Carnage.
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    Disagree on Vision. He requires specific pairings, but if you make sure he tanks his colors he's good. That density power lets him roll over trivial nodes, and he still does a decent job on harder ones. In PvP he's good for climbing - an asset if you're in control, but garbage on defense.

Given that the 3* is complete and give character-specific rewards, I don't think they should be taken out of the reward pool. If I had to pick a few, the ones I never use unless boosted are Punisher and Psylocke. Everyone else has at least a niche use.

On the 4* tier - they've already got Howard the Duck and Devil Dino there. I'd agree that Cho deserves that treatment, as well.
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    I.W should join Yelena in retirement
  • djrdjr
    djrdjr Posts: 41 Just Dropped In
    Ragnarok. I just plain hate him. Hate playing him. Hate playing against him. A total waste of pixels.
  • brisashi
    brisashi Posts: 418 Mover and Shaker
    Cho needs to be at least removed from legendary tokens. No one wants him, no one needs him.
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    I will stan for Vision! He fills the red/blue void in IF/Cage just as well (and IMO more admirably) than CMags, and if you pair him with Vision that's a lot of spammable AOE.

I also will go to bat for Psylocke, but maybe only because I just championed her after watching X-Men: Apocalypse.
  • dsds
    dsds Posts: 526
    But you can't win 3,4, or 5 star covers from regular pvp matches though so they have to stay in some of the tokens no matter how sucky they are. So if people find any of the above mentioned characters useful, they will never be able to cover them if you treat those characters like bagman. However, I really like the idea of starlord and cho not being in the legendary covers though. That could work. Keep them in the vaults, heroic tokens, and std tokens, just keep them out of legendaries.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,390 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hey, I like Doc Oc. He's nowhere near a top character and his actives are bit too expensive, but his insult to injury is great fun to run against goon nodes or Daken/Bullseye nodes from time to time. icon_cool.gif
  • CFacto
    CFacto Posts: 74 Match Maker
    Doc Ock is ok for certain situations e.g. Carnage and symbiotes. I'd keep him, but he is waaaay down my list to feed ISO to.

Sentry is an almost completely unusable team killer, even when buffed. I can't believe I champed him, in my youthful naïveté.

Pulling Cho from an LT is an insult, even worse than the critical boost rewards D3 like to taunt us with.

Rag at least has an ok Red and can be a pain to PvP opponents by constantly healing himself.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    Rather than trying to establish who should be left out, it would be nice if we were able to nominate a few characters (and Cho) who would not show up in any LT pulls.
  • Soma
    Soma Posts: 24 Just Dropped In
    Konman wrote:
    ...nothing in the game is more frustrating for me than spending a Legendary Token and pulling a Cho.

What an hilarious phrase!!!

I suggest they remove Cho and then rename the "Worst MPQ Moment of the Day" thread to "Pulling a Cho".
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    how much hate can cho get before they deal with it? even if they are oblivious to how terrible he is, surely they realize that a vast majority of us do realize that he is completely useless.
  • Ryudoz
    Ryudoz Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    jredd wrote:
    how much hate can cho get before they deal with it? even if they are oblivious to how terrible he is, surely they realize that a vast majority of us do realize that he is completely useless.

It's also likely that they don't care that he stinks and just soldier on making new toons every couple weeks.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ryudoz wrote:
    jredd wrote:

It's also likely that they don't care that he stinks and just soldier on making new toons every couple weeks.

Exactly this. I did a fake designer/producer argument a year ago on this - how any thought/time put into improving terrible characters is thought/time not put into new characters, and therefore immediately vetoed.

I wish they'd introduce one new character a month, and fix one old character a month. I mean, just in the next year (12 months) you could finally get Psylock/Doc Oc/Rags/Spiderman/Vision a bump in 3* land and IW/Cho/Elecktra/MrF/Starlord in 4* land....and you'd still have several other characters that -badly- need help to go, assuming you didn't mess up any more releases in those 12 months.

At this point I think they are going the MtG route - let's "intentionally" put out some bad releases, so players know what is bad. At least in MtG you can promptly toss that card out, and stop buying the set that it is in. In MpQ, you are forced to use that card as an essential and can never remove it from the RNG.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Personally I like mr f, pair him with carnage and x23 and you have probably the most frustrating team to face in SIM.

I've tried real hard to like IW and cho, I experiment with a lot of different teams to find niche uses and so far these are the only two Who are useless in every team and are still awful when boosted. If they are not going to be fixed then they need to be removed from LT odds entirely. There's zero chance I will ever put iso into them again and cho will never make it onto my roster id rather skip an entire event that he's essential for than roster him.

3* is tricker as the useless ones lead into good 4* covers. I don't regret champing vision (even though I did it while he was bugged because he was bugged) because he rewards me with Cyclops covers. Rags gives rulk, Spidey gives miles (hey I like miles) etc.

Also selling a 3* cover really doesn't bother me, I've been doing it since the start. However 'pulling a cho' gets me mad...he's terrible. Doesn't fit into any team very well, is useless on his own and gives only random tokens as champ rewards..so why roster him?

If d3 wants people to roster and level these characters then they should change their champs rewards so they reward 5* character instead of tokens...I'll get they'll be more popular then and people won't get so mad about pulling them.