Going to skip

2»

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Loki's health doesn't help him though. By the time I'm in a position to fire his own trickery, he's dead himself.

Its a horrible combination Kingpin/Muscle/Bullseye. Normally I always go for Muscle first, but Kingpin is as bad really. Then Bullseye brings all damage down to 1 point by just laying down a couple of tiles. Its not right making us fight a battle like that with a limited roster.
    I put Loki in the back behind Beast (who tanks green) and Human Torch (who tanks black), so Loki pretty much only tanks Purple. Helps him survive a bit longer. Doom is Another possibility, and he'd also help accelerate black for Loki...
    For this node I tend to go for Bullseye first just to get rid of the protect tiles. Then Kingpin, and I save the Muscle for last. Ordinarily the Muscle would be the first priority, but as long as he doesn't get Threaten out the match is manageable. Fortunately Kingpin wants to save the yellow AP for his Pawns...
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Its still random luck though. If Muscle gets a countdown tile in the corner, then its pretty much game over once that thing goes off. Get two to go off and its game over in a couple of turns.

I've tried Doom/Torch/BP, with boosts, and still been wiped. I'm just finding it impossible to control all the crazy countdown tiles filling the board.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Its still random luck though. If Muscle gets a countdown tile in the corner, then its pretty much game over once that thing goes off. Get two to go off and its game over in a couple of turns.

I've tried Doom/Torch/BP, with boosts, and still been wiped. I'm just finding it impossible to control all the crazy countdown tiles filling the board.
    Another reason to use Loki, with Illusions you have a chance to get a better board.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,233 Chairperson of the Boards
    I too have chosen to sit this one out. I started it yesterday and was thoroughly unimpressed. The limited, mediocre set of characters available to use against stupid overscaled Juggernaut... no thanks.

I may pick off a trivial node here or there until it's over, but I'm not bothering otherwise.

Sometimes Heroics are a little interesting, but this one just blows.
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    Quebbster wrote:
    For this node I tend to go for Bullseye first just to get rid of the protect tiles. Then Kingpin, and I save the Muscle for last. Ordinarily the Muscle would be the first priority, but as long as he doesn't get Threaten out the match is manageable. Fortunately Kingpin wants to save the yellow AP for his Pawns...

I also used Doom/Beast/Loki on that node, but still preferred targeting Kingpin first, since both Bullseye and Muscle can be leveraged for Trickery. Bullseye, while annoying, is probably even more useful to keep around since you can force a few extra protect tiles while simultaneously feeding Illusions (which hopefully will help you pick up some incidental black). I tended to prioritize Blue and Green first for Beast -- Doom didn't really get used except for tanking, unless I needed to get attack tiles out for a burst of damage, or somehow found myself with enough purple and traps to knock someone out.
  • thanos8587
    thanos8587 Posts: 653
    this is certainly one of the most painful heroics in a while. character selection is abysmal.

that being said progression is still fairly easy if you focus easy and essential nodes for points. still worth it for three day event. placement? heck no i wont go.
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    I appreciate everyone's restraint. I'm actually able to garner some HP with my half-assed effort!
  • Chipster22
    Chipster22 Posts: 299 Mover and Shaker
    This is not all bad.

One of the other common complaints is that this game has become OML Quest.

The limited roster gives people a chance to use other characters, even though they may not be the best.
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,299 Chairperson of the Boards
    The boosted characters are not great but it is still doable with health packs. The issue is that there is not any real fast boosted damage dealers (other than Torch?). In the first sub you had Blade who fits this criteria but you had to face Doc Ock who is really good against tiles so it negated the advantage of having Blade. In the second sub we get Black Panther who is good but certainly not a fast damage dealer. Honestly the best character we have boosted is OBW who is good but squishy. My highest boosted characters are Loki, Daredevil and Doctor Doom. None of those characters are fast damage dealers but Loki is probably the best with his steal AP on match 4s. All of these characters are in the 240s after boosts or so I believe. I have actually relied much more on my 2* roster with Capt Marvel and OBW along with Torch and SQ Girl and even some Elektra for some nodes Torch and SQ Girl are around level 180 for me and I think OBW and Marvel are slightly above 200 (all after boosts of course).

I wiped a couple of times against both Doc Ock and Kingpin but overall I have been able to handle it and it doesn't seem much worse than other heroics to me. I may change my mind when we get the third sub as Classic Magneto is much tougher than Doc Ock or Kingpin. Hopefully we get an Iron Fist or IM40 boosted for it.

The most annoying part of the event so far is all of the Juggernaut nodes you must beat before you can open up the sub. Those usually suck up some health packs due to the limited roster.

I actually somewhat look forward to heroics because placement is usually much easier since a lot of people don't play them. They are also usually three day events which is more rewarding than seven day events where you still only get the same ultimate reward of 25cp...
  • cyineedsn
    cyineedsn Posts: 361 Mover and Shaker
    Trying to get through even one clear for this event has been some of the least fun I've had playing this game in a long time. It's so boring and tiresome that it makes me wonder why I'm even bothering to play this game.
  • PeeOne
    PeeOne Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Thank the maker... I thought it was just me... Struggled on day one with nodes that should have been easy because everyone is locked up... My don't haves out weigh the haves!!!

Skipped!!
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    kenshamrocktherock.jpg

I tapped out. Was going for final progression but it's just not fun for me.
    There are better ways to design a restricted roster event, but I'm not going to waste my time.

Just want to wish the best of luck to those still keeping at the grind.

fight
  • Lboogie
    Lboogie Posts: 55
    Quite possibly the worst pve heroic or otherwise I've played in two years....horrific
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Please use this thread over in the Events subforum to discuss this event.

Locking this thread.
This discussion has been closed.