We have 4 captain americas, but no villains

2»

Comments

• SpecSpecter
    SpecSpecter Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
    We need a MODOK event with AIM goons. And a Batroc miniboss, who's not affiliated with those guys but THAT'S JUST WHAT I WANT OKAY MAN.
    I would LOVE MODOK and AIM in the game, out of the evil Marvel Orgs AIM always was my favorite (Classic AIM anyways, I think at the moment they are kind of neutered).

It's just really weird though how not even HYDRA has made it into the game yet, not even a little bit! Sure, the Hand is still pretty much a thing, but like HAMMER is so relevant. icon_rolleyes.gif
    Dark Avengers to for that matter, I mean I wonder just how many people even know (or care) who the likes of The Hood, Moodstone, or Draken even is outside the context of MPQ? I certainly didn't when I first started playing.
    Edit: Never mind whateverhernameis Dark Black Widow, who lacks so much relevance that I can't even bother to remember her name and just barely even thought to include her in this post.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    To clarify my earlier post, it isn't having Red Skull as a character that people could choose to use that is problematic. It is the release PVP that forces everyone who plays it to use him that would be the problem (and arguably any Essential nodes).

Besides the PR thing I referenced, there will be people who don't want to roster him. One guy in my alliance won't roster Punisher because of the comics character, for example.
  • Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    ZeiramMR wrote:
    To clarify my earlier post, it isn't having Red Skull as a character that people could choose to use that is problematic. It is the release PVP that forces everyone who plays it to use him that would be the problem (and arguably any Essential nodes).

Besides the PR thing I referenced, there will be people who don't want to roster him. One guy in my alliance won't roster Punisher because of the comics character, for example.
    If some people are really that easily offended, I don't think we all need to bend over backwards to accommodate them. They are welcome to not roster the character and boycott the event if it comes to that. In any case, while there are a lot of controversies regarding comic book tropes and characters lately, I have never seen anyone up in arms about Nazi characters like the Red Skull, so honestly I don't think it's that big a deal.
  • CFacto
    CFacto Posts: 74 Match Maker
    Nah, Red Skull would be fine. Marvel War of Heroes had him as a card you could play on your team, although that had hundreds of characters.

Now there was a game that took money gouging to a whole new level...
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    lol, nice.

Shouldn't it technically be Captains United States of America? Captain Americas would have to be protective of North, South and Central America...
  • The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Jeez, the MCU Red Skull said "Screw you guys" to the Nazis and went his own way with HYDRA. No serious moral dilemma there.

I've never used him much in FF because I've never bothered to farm him (I think mine is just 4*), so I don't know if he's any good there.

Oh, I agree with you, but remember that this is an all-ages game. Which means the occasional mom or dad looking on and saying "who's the guy with the red head?" Which means the occasional Google search. Which means the occasional "OMG THEY'RE LETTING OUR CHILDREN PLAY AS NAZIS!!!" post. Which means pitchforks. Which means health packs getting dropped back to five to help pay legal fees.

Again, I know that's not the character anymore, but I also know what a fat lotta good it did back in the day explaining to my mom that I didn't know any D&D players who were practicing Satanists. They're probably wise to sit that one out.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's probably too late for any additions to the 2* tier, and it's one that doesn't lack for villains so much, but Batroc ze Lepair would be a great 2* villain.