edited May 2018 in MPQ General Discussion
Forum Thread

Comments

• Jabrony_Geoff
    Jabrony_Geoff Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    Yelena who?
  • We_are_Venom
    We_are_Venom Posts: 308 Mover and Shaker
    She will be missed. My favorite memory is the fatality where she rips off the enemy head and eats the face.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm hoping she's gone so they can update her with a third ability.

Then they can do that with the other 1*'s.

Then they can merge the 1*'s into the 2*'s.

Then they can shift all rarity levels down one level.

Then they can make all costs go down that rarity shift, so you can max two 4*'s a season.

Then they can make all covers go down with that rarity shift, 4*'s much more common and not RNG only for 5*.

....I'm a dreamer. Go Yelena go, hopefully you are the sign of bigger things to come!

(Then, of course, they'll make RNG-only 6*....)
  • cardoor
    cardoor Posts: 185 Tile Toppler
    "Yelana bendova and pick up that soap?" said her Russian cellmate.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    How many standard token-eligible characters are there, again?
  • areacode212
    areacode212 Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    I was actually an existing fan of Yelena from the comics when MPQ came out (that Rucka miniseries was awesome), so I really enjoyed that she was a launch character in this game. The next time I have a vodka drink, I will raise one to her!

I own her action figure:
    http://i.imgur.com/OxdAZIf.jpg
  • ThatOneGuyjp189512
    ThatOneGuyjp189512 Posts: 543 Critical Contributor
    in the console versions she's actually pretty bad **** as they've rebalanced her costs to 9 blacktile.png and 11 purpletile.png which makes her extremely usable against special tile users.
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    I just like that Aes is talking about STDs. icon_lol.gif
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards

Wanna say there had been 8?

Yelena, Natasha, Hawkeye, Iron Man, Juggernaut, Spiderman, Storm, Venom. It's possible I'm forgetting someone, but off the top of my head that sounds right.

Yelena getting put out to pasture drops that number to 7.
  • Ryudoz
    Ryudoz Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    Just pulled 2 straight Yelena from Standard Tokens.

Can't wait for her to go.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    3. Did D3 try to fix her but just fail somehow?

It seems like just the other week that they let her overwrite invisibility tiles. And then released War Machine.
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have faith! Next patch, Yelena will become the first and only champable 1*, giving Bag-Man covers, and we will all be scrambling for her covers!
  • Koffitok
    Koffitok Posts: 87
    DFiPL wrote:

Yelena, Natasha, Hawkeye, Iron Man, Juggernaut, Spiderman, Storm, Venom. It's possible I'm forgetting someone, but off the top of my head that sounds right.

Well, those 8 were taking up the ~72% that was dedicated to 1*s.

Literally every other character in the game—except 5*s and recent 4*s, Bagman, Dino, and Howard—take up the rest.

So .... 8 + 13 + 40 + 31(?) ... 92 "std eligible" characters!
    Standard tokens only go up to 3*
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Koffitok wrote:
    DFiPL wrote:

Well, those 8 were taking up the ~72% that was dedicated to 1*s.

Literally every other character in the game—except 5*s and recent 4*s, Bagman, Dino, and Howard—take up the rest.

So .... 8 + 13 + 40 + 31(?) ... 92 "std eligible" characters!
    Standard tokens only go up to 3*
    No they don't, the chance of drawing a fourstar is just so miniscule that they don't bother to show it.
  • herm1978
    herm1978 Posts: 153 Tile Toppler
    Quebbster wrote:
    No they don't, the chance of drawing a fourstar is just so miniscule that they don't bother to show it.

I'd say, 0/1700 4* since I started counting...

1* at >80%.
  • Quebbster
    herm1978 wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:

1* at >80%.
    As I said: miniscule chance. But apparently it does happen.
  • herm1978
    Quebbster wrote:
    herm1978 wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:

1* at >80%.
    As I said: miniscule chance. But apparently it does happen.

Yes. But, at least for me, it was a long time ago.
  • brisashi
    brisashi Posts: 418 Mover and Shaker
    So I guess the smart thing to do for now is hoard standard tokens in case they are improving the odds for higher tiers?
  • Quebbster
    OJSP wrote:
    herm1978 wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:
    No they don't, the chance of drawing a fourstar is just so miniscule that they don't bother to show it... But apparently it does happen.

Yeah. I think, it's possible that they've removed the chance to get the 4*s since they updated the token page and specifically put " star.png , star.pngstar.png , OR star.pngstar.pngstar.png ! "

I pulled 2 4*s before that, but none since the change. We'll see if I pull 1 before the next anniversary. When it happens, I'll celebrate with a pint of beer.
    I believe IceIX confirmed it was still possible (but incredibly unlikely) to get fourstars from standard tokens. I only have hearsay as proof though.
  • herm1978
    Quebbster wrote:
    OJSP wrote:
    herm1978 wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:
    No they don't, the chance of drawing a fourstar is just so miniscule that they don't bother to show it... But apparently it does happen.

Yeah. I think, it's possible that they've removed the chance to get the 4*s since they updated the token page and specifically put " star.png , star.pngstar.png , OR star.pngstar.pngstar.png ! "

I pulled 2 4*s before that, but none since the change. We'll see if I pull 1 before the next anniversary. When it happens, I'll celebrate with a pint of beer.
    I believe IceIX confirmed it was still possible (but incredibly unlikely) to get fourstars from standard tokens. I only have hearsay as proof though.

Another possibility is that they lowered the odds even more. Or have they said the odds stayed the same?