What do you guys do with hero points?

Orion
Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
edited July 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
I have a pretty good stash of hero points (~4600) that I have no idea what to do with. In PvP I usually wait until there's less than 8 hours to go and climb to 1300 without needing to hop and then use 1 shield. So I don't really need to save for shields.

So I guess that leaves tokens. But I don't know what to get. Event tokens? Tacos? 10-packs? Save for a 40-pack? Wait for a good vault and try to buy it out? What do you guys usually do?

Comments

• acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    How many slots do you have?

I was in the same boat had 9800 HP climb late in PvP, use about two shields (sometimes single 3 hr). My HP amount stayed steady.

I decided to stop scrambling to find single covers for 2* pve essentials as needed. Bought 5 or 6 slots to roster 2*s that I'm not going to level but will now have as pves come up. If you have all 2*s already then you'll still need slots as new characters get released.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Roster slots
    a single # in pvp
    vault daily deal
  • Orion
    I have all of the characters except Goblin and Yelena, so I don't need any slots.

I guess daily deals are a good option if the vault has someone that I need.
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,411 Chairperson of the Boards
    roster slots. You need 5x mbw for teamups and dupes of every 2* to rebuild/champ and sell without affecting essentials.
  • TazFTW
    TazFTW Posts: 695 Critical Contributor
    Pongie wrote:
    dupes of every 2* to rebuild/champ and sell without affecting essentials.

^What I'm using HP for.

It seems I'm no longer able to compete for 1 cover of a 4* in PVE, so the HP I earn is going to slots for dupe 2*.
  • Orion
    Pongie wrote:
    roster slots. You need 5x mbw for teamups and dupes of every 2* to rebuild/champ and sell without affecting essentials.

When I have a 2* at 144, then I wait until I get another cover of him before I sell. A 1-cover 2* or a level 144 2* makes no difference to me for essentials. My roster is plenty good enough to handle those nodes with only 2 guys.

I bought a 10-pack of the DP vs MPQ vault to try to get the Peggy Carter. No luck, but I'll keep hitting the daily deals.
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,610 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yep, bought slots to farm 2* covers. Since 5* covers is the only thing that helps me progress right now, converting some Iso into 5 CP and some 3* covers is a good investment.
  • WEBGAS
    WEBGAS Posts: 474 Mover and Shaker
    Orion wrote:
    I have a pretty good stash of hero points (~4600) that I have no idea what to do with. In PvP I usually wait until there's less than 8 hours to go and climb to 1300 without needing to hop and then use 1 shield. So I don't really need to save for shields.

So I guess that leaves tokens. But I don't know what to get. Event tokens? Tacos? 10-packs? Save for a 40-pack? Wait for a good vault and try to buy it out? What do you guys usually do?

Save them....at the rate Devs are releasing new characters, you soon will be with no HP left icon_e_biggrin.gificon_lol.gificon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Wolarsen
    Wolarsen Posts: 326 Mover and Shaker
    I find the 2* shuffle very interesting and profitable; i am finishing maxing them all and i plan to buy and reserve like 5 spare slots for their dupes to minimize covers sold.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    New roster spots.
    Shields, obviously.
    The Daily deal single token when there's fourstar covers I need in a vault.

That's about it for me.
  • regald
    regald Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    What I need to do, to have the same problem ? icon_lol.gif
    Always have lack of HP for new slots and new heroes appears too often icon_e_sad.gif
  • Quebbster
    regald wrote:
    What I need to do, to have the same problem ? icon_lol.gif
    Always have lack of HP for new slots and new heroes appears too often icon_e_sad.gif
    What sources of hero Points do you have? I try to finish top 50 in each PvE sub - 50 HP a day makes quite a difference. Rewards and champion levels are good sources for HP.
    It's rough while you are still building your roster though since you get new characters faster than you get the HP to roster them. Once you have everyone (or at least most of them) rostered it gets easier to maintain a good HP flow though.
  • regald
    Quebbster wrote:
    What sources of hero Points do you have? I try to finish top 50 in each PvE sub - 50 HP a day makes quite a difference. Rewards and champion levels are good sources for HP.
    It's rough while you are still building your roster though since you get new characters faster than you get the HP to roster them. Once you have everyone (or at least most of them) rostered it gets easier to maintain a good HP flow though.
    I'm joking Queb icon_e_smile.gif Of course I know and try to obtain HP from every source, but I'm f2p player and my roster slots costs 1k.
    So expanding not so easy for me especially when new heroes releases too fast.
  • Quebbster
    regald wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:
    I'm joking Queb icon_e_smile.gif Of course I know and try to obtain HP from every source, but I'm f2p player and my roster slots costs 1k.
    So expanding not so easy for me especially when new heroes releases too fast.
    I'm F2P too and I feel my HP flow is adequate at the moment, though I did in part decide to restart my 2* champions as an additional HP source when my funds were running low. (And yes, my slots also cost 1000 HP a pop, but I usually earn that between releases).
  • regald
    Quebbster wrote:
    I'm F2P too and I feel my HP flow is adequate at the moment, though I did in part decide to restart my 2* champions as an additional HP source when my funds were running low. (And yes, my slots also cost 1000 HP a pop, but I usually earn that between releases).
    Yeah, problems started when i decided restart my 2*
    Have 76 heroes now and cant imagine how to collect 4k+ HP , needs about 10 slots for some relaxing playstyle if it suit for MPQ icon_mrgreen.gif
  • Quebbster
    regald wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:
    Yeah, problems started when i decided restart my 2*
    Have 76 heroes now and cant imagine how to collect 4k+ HP , needs about 10 slots for some relaxing playstyle if it suit for MPQ icon_mrgreen.gif
    I'm keeping the two-star covers in my queue and restart when I have enough to max someone. So far it's working well, and it means I don't need extra roster slots.
    Now, if I could only get a third yellow cover for Classic Storm...
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Shields and rooster ****. Ain't much else. I've bought boosts rarely, and health packs even more rarely.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was certainly one of the many, MANY people originally complaining lack of HP was a problem.

But that is in an age where there was no cap on roster slots (they eventually capped to 1K), and you could use them to buy covers...so you wanted to do that.

I'm still filling in the 2*'s I sold from those days, but I'm almost back to a full roster of them again (you're next Bagman - really!). I've actually started debating if I should go "collector" status again, and re-roster all the 1*'s for the heck of it. I'm already rostered a 2nd PX, SS, and Phoenix.

I also assume that the reason we're seeing lots of 2K+ in PVP's these days is this same issue - no one (at high levels - those that have all the roster slots) knows what to do with HP so they just start shielding from 24+ hours out.

I think lack of HP at the lower levels is probably a serious problem - but designed to be that problem, make people either pick and choose or -immediately- start spending money to roster everyone.
  • DTStump
    DTStump Posts: 273 Mover and Shaker
    I have 66 roster slots and I don't spend spideycoin.png on anything other than those slots.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    The 100HP daily deals for PvE are pretty much the only thing worth spending on.