A beautiful thing (possible bragging)

El Satanno
El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
edited July 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
I just crossed day 820, and gleefully received a black Logan cover. Beyond the fact that I got a free cover of the only character that matters in the whole of MPQ, something else magical has occurred. My luck has played out such that my Logan is now 4/4/4. This means that any cover of his I pull will allow me to immediately champion him. Bliss!

The downside, of course, is that I will have achieved the pinnacle of useful roster progression. Nothing else matters, at least until the next completely broken 5* character comes out. But that doesn't bother me since only the super-duper-ultra whales will have that new game-destroyer in anything less than a coon's age.

Whee!

Comments

• thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    You can rest easy til October now. Then it's 6* time icon_e_smile.gif
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yup, definitely bragging icon_razz.gif
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm terrified because my OML isn't fully-covered, but I already have 5 blackflag.png . So it's highly conceivable that in a few months, I'll win that OML blackflag.png as a login reward, and instead of being a moment of triumph, it will be a moment of complete frustration.
  • LordXberk
    LordXberk Posts: 252 Mover and Shaker
    thisone wrote:

Which version of Wolverine will it be?!?!?
  • Hadronic
    Hadronic Posts: 338 Mover and Shaker
    LordXberk wrote:
    thisone wrote:

Weapon X
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    As someone who has at least 5 of a color for the first 3 (OML 2/5/1, SS 2/5/4, PHX 5/2/0), and already drawn three useless/duplicates of those color, I'm quite envious.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    mpqr7 wrote:
    I'm terrified because my OML isn't fully-covered, but I already have 5 blackflag.png . So it's highly conceivable that in a few months, I'll win that OML blackflag.png as a login reward, and instead of being a moment of triumph, it will be a moment of complete frustration.

That already happened to me. I hit day 730 and got a black SS cover for my 2/3/5 Surfer.

For the OP, I also had a 4/4/4 Logan, and it's indeed a beautiful thing.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    El Satanno wrote:
    I just crossed day 820, and gleefully received a black Logan cover. Beyond the fact that I got a free cover of the only character that matters in the whole of MPQ, something else magical has occurred. My luck has played out such that my Logan is now 4/4/4. This means that any cover of his I pull will allow me to immediately champion him. Bliss!

The downside, of course, is that I will have achieved the pinnacle of useful roster progression. Nothing else matters, at least until the next completely broken 5* character comes out. But that doesn't bother me since only the super-duper-ultra whales will have that new game-destroyer in anything less than a coon's age.

Whee!

Oooooh you have been super lucky! Congratulations!

My OML is 4/2/5 and I am dreading the day I will pull another red cover. My PH is also 5/2/5 and I have already pulled 3 PH covers that I couldn't use. And this SUCKS HARD.

When you pull a 5 you should always be allowed to use that cover. ALWAYS. It is already hard enough to pull their covers.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    with a 4/1/5 OML where I've sold several reds and a 1/5/5 SS where I've sold blacks and reds and a lonely 2/-/- phx - I can commiserate those who've had to sell. congrats el satanno. bragging or not, I bet its a great feeling.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    El Satanno wrote:

Whee!

Lucky! I just crossed day 820 last week...and my luck has played out that my "Only Character That Matters" is now 1/1/1.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    As someone who has at least 5 of a color for the first 3 (OML 2/5/1, SS 2/5/4, PHX 5/2/0), and already drawn three useless/duplicates of those color, I'm quite envious.
    Same here. I Think I am up to six Silver Surfer blacks (only have 2 blue and a red), seven OML yellows (he's 2/5/3 now, so he's getting there...), seven Phoenix red and ten Phoenix green... and she's 5/2/5.
    RNG can be a female dog at times.
  • DTStump
    DTStump Posts: 273 Mover and Shaker
    Well, that's okay I guess, but in two days I'm getting a icon_invisiblewoman.png cover from the Shield resupply (day 310), so try to contain your jealousy.
  • SnowcaTT
    Quebbster wrote:
    Same here. I Think I am up to six Silver Surfer blacks (only have 2 blue and a red), seven OML yellows (he's 2/5/3 now, so he's getting there...), seven Phoenix red and ten Phoenix green... and she's 5/2/5.
    RNG can be a female dog at times.

I rostered a 2nd SS as a "Trophy" for hitting 6/0/0 (now 5/1/0 and 1/0/0). I also rostered a 2nd Phoenix trophy later on - with a 1/5/1 I fully expected to roster it early but ended up being at 3/5/3 before I rosted a 0/1/0 "trophy" Phoenix.

RNG only progression is just THE WORST, but it's followed closely by RNG cover progression.
  • jobob
    jobob Posts: 680 Critical Contributor
    My OML is level 452 and sits on the bench a good portion of the time. He's very good, but I don't think he's "broken" good.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    El Satanno wrote:

Whee!

GG and IM46 are completely worth additions to a 5* roster, even if you will use OML more than any others for grinding purposes. It's not a waste of your time to chase those 5*s.

Now let me sadly slink off to my 0/1/0 OML . . . *sniffle* . . .
  • Peej13
    Peej13 Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    mpqr7 wrote:

I pulled my TENTH purpletile.png Phoenix yesterday. She is 1/5/2. The terror is justified.
  • Nellobee
    Nellobee Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    LordXberk wrote:
    thisone wrote:

https://healed1337.files.wordpress.com/ ... -girl2.jpg
  • Cascad
    Cascad Posts: 38 Just Dropped In
    Vets talking and boasting again... icon_neutral.gif
  • SnowcaTT
    Cascad wrote:
    Vets talking and boasting again... icon_neutral.gif

When you've been leveling/scaling/playing with/against the same people for two years, you feel like you get to know them. It's nice to give a "Gratz!" or "Bummer!" to those who you've seen out there for so long...and it's why it's painful to watch those that have done it with you leave the game occasionally as well.
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    Let me recount my story of "terror".

My OML was 0/0/5 for a long time.

Everytime I pull a 5* and I see the wolverine icon, it will fill me with hope.... And it ends up in disappointment when I see it is the dreaded red cover.

Not once, not twice.... But FIVE times.

So much so that I dread seeing the purple wolvie icon because of the potential disappointment.

I now have a 3/3/5 oml, and also a 0/0/5 oml.